tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Hot take... do you think this show going to be getting Jujutsu Kaisen, Demon Slayer, Attack on Titan exposure/popularity?
I think you are really underestimating how popular and big those 3 series are.

This series doesn't have the casual potential that a Demon Slayer, Oshi no Ko or a SxF have. I think that is super obvious.

Regarding JJK it's hard to explain without going into manga spoilers. But given what was happening in the manga while S2 was airing and given the quality the anime had. That one chapter in the manga was easily the biggest manga chapter FOR ANY SERIES this year. Even beating big chapter moments from both CSM and Oshi no Ko. (Which are the other 2 massive weekly manga series atm.)

No anime is touching Attack on Titan's popularity. Like hell in the west it even exceeds both JJK and Demon Slayer's popularity while still being massively popular in Japan to boot. The original ending of the manga had the fanbase in shambles. Then you consider how important the series was bringing anime to mainstream. Then when the final season started with covid how fukking massive it got.

Gotta be honest from what I have seen it isn't even more popular then Sousou no Frieren or Mushoku Tensei (as much as I dislike the series).

As you can see from tv ratings it isn't even making the noticeable cut.

Meanwhile in the west where its more popular it's around the same level as Apothcary Diaries but not touching Frieren.

mhqmggn2r6fc1.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Shangri-La Frontier episode 16 adapted chapters 32 - 34 here. Man oh man. This adaptation has been so good & consistent, but they putting out all the stops for the fight. It is capturing the manga perfectly and I am loving every second of it. :wow: :banderas: :blessed::ohlawd::whew:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.04.11_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.19.16_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.20.01_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.21.18_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.21.33_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.23.35_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.26.11_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.26.30_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.27.54_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.28.37_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.30.16_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.31.38_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.53.17_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.54.28_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.56.45_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.57.26_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_9.57.45_AM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
7th Time Loop Episode 4

I'm kind of surprised Rishe would think her meeting with Kaine would go well considering how much she respects him as a merchant. Tho her sneaking out and meeting him with her hair dyed is some of the characteristics we love about her. Tho her finishing Kaine's sentence was kind of suspect. Well she got what we want, but damn her boldness continues to surprise me.

Fun little part of Arnold catching her sneaking back. It feels to me that his concern for her is genuine. Still hard to make out more from him, but he mentions not to get involved with his brother. Also funny how she calls herself a terrible cook, but I feel like this is show of her perfectionist nature. She never in any of her lives put her all into cooking, so if her skills aren't up to snuff she will be her hardest critic.

Ok first things first Arnold's younger brother Theodore is found sleeping on Rishe's garden? That has to be intentional. You have the grass roaming around, but you pick the garden where it is likely uneven. Then as she mentions in his introduction he mentions he is 2nd in line for the throne. Glad to see Rishe is still on her guard.

We also see Arnold trying to set policies to help his people, which surprises Rishe. I wonder if there is a chance Arnold was framed by his brother regarding their fathers death. Maybe I am overthinking this. It just feels for at least right now Theodore will be a thorn at both Arnold and Rishe's side.
Of course we shouldn't be surprised Rishe sneaking out and accepting Theodore's invitation to meet. Curious where this leads.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_12.25.00_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_12.32.05_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_12.33.36_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_12.35.48_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_12.36.59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_12.42.24_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_12.43.28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_12.46.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_1.24.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_1.26.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_1.30.48_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_1.30.52_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Damn Kingdom really keeping me on my toes :whew:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_2.58.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_2.58.22_PM.png

This was a great contrast between Gong Biao and Qing She. Both are very instinctive generals, but do it different ways. Biao as we saw in S1 can lead an assault that from I can see few can match up to. Meanwhile She's goal was how to exploit Biao's weakness. Which is the rear.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_3.19.08_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_3.22.12_PM.png

Man what a great moment out of Xin. Xin is exhibiting here is great instincts. Tbh its simple are we gonna let the enemy kick our ass from behind fukk no. Xin is an absolute dumbass, but it is unsurprising that his instincts on the battlefield, which he has hammered out since the beginning with Piao come and shine. In fact it really speaks to how powerful Xin & Diao have going forward. Then if Qiang comes back you get a mix of these two in one.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_3.27.31_PM.png

Man remembering how big of a deal these things were in S2 and seeing it only reaches half the half and think damn is it possible?

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_3.30.46_PM.png

Tbh this ending of the episode was great. Oh you think we weren't ready? You bet we are. Now the BIG question here is how Qin reacts here as their unreachable wall is now in reach.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_7.21.59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_7.22.05_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_7.19.34_PM.png

Right before Wang Yi's final moment, it was stated the Teng was of his caliber. And in this fight this is where he proved it :wow:

Linwu was clearly a man who was arrogant of his own strength and when he came to a man whos strength was on par with Wang Yi, that arrogance became his downfall. It's hard to feel the pity for a man who whom had a wife and was arrogant as well to risk that. Gotta feel bad for the girl, it's clear that she didn't care about the strength of a general.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_7.48.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_7.49.03_PM.png

Man this line before he struck him down was cold :wow:. Breh thought he was one of Wang Yi's lackies, the disrespect :stopitslime:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_7.51.12_PM.png

I gotta give my props to Tian here. He's more calculating than either Ben or Xin. But he KNEW that the deadshot sniper was going to be a big problem. It was hella risky on his end, but landing a blow and slicing his bow was a massive deal.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Gave three anime a first couple of episodes watch:
Bucchigiri -
Great action animation and the sense of humor is on point (dude powers up by focusing on his greatest goal...to lose his virginity)...but I've never seen an anime where all the fan service is for the female viewers. All the tough guys act like they have schoolgirl crushes on the new guy because he punches hard.

team-visuals.jpeg

I can't remember the last time I saw a HS delinquents fighting anime where it was pretty much just focused on the fights. No time-travel BS like Tokyo Revengers. This is Tenjou Tenge, "Let's do a death match in the cafeteria," range.

Ishura -
Seems like a flip on the Isekai concept. The demon king was defeated, so everyone expected peace. But all the freakishly powerful people that got summoned are still wandering around causing chaos. The first episode ends with an implication that our Isekai'd power houses are all gonna be linking up and fighting. Cold-blooded kills; great action sequences; and it's a rare case where I think the CGI compliments the art instead of needing to be hidden.
658b267f48ff46c8db020760_GCRTZRGXQAA9rwu.jpeg

It could slip into edgelord territory, but the first episode was about 5 minutes of plot and then all action. That's a mindless action anime ratio that I can go for!

The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic -
Another flip on Isekais, but it's a lot more generic. A dude is walking home with two friends, and the trio is summoned to another world. Only, it turns out the two friends were the heroes of legend and the third guy is just an accidental throw-in. It only gets worse when he turns out to have healing magic that's super rare in that world. So, a psycho general wants to personally train him but not like a regular healer. She's got this dude working out 24/7 and healing himself the whole time so muscle fatigue won't be a problem.

GDpNXuyWIAEuARf.jpg:large

Picture Esdeath from Akame Ga Kiru training a dude whose only power is a generic heal spell. But she still wants an assassin.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Damn Kingdom really keeping me on my toes :whew:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_2.58.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_2.58.22_PM.png

This was a great contrast between Gong Biao and Qing She. Both are very instinctive generals, but do it different ways. Biao as we saw in S1 can lead an assault that from I can see few can match up to. Meanwhile She's goal was how to exploit Biao's weakness. Which is the rear.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_3.19.08_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_3.22.12_PM.png

Man what a great moment out of Xin. Xin is exhibiting here is great instincts. Tbh its simple are we gonna let the enemy kick our ass from behind fukk no. Xin is an absolute dumbass, but it is unsurprising that his instincts on the battlefield, which he has hammered out since the beginning with Piao come and shine. In fact it really speaks to how powerful Xin & Diao have going forward. Then if Qiang comes back you get a mix of these two in one.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_3.27.31_PM.png

Man remembering how big of a deal these things were in S2 and seeing it only reaches half the half and think damn is it possible?

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_3.30.46_PM.png

Tbh this ending of the episode was great. Oh you think we weren't ready? You bet we are. Now the BIG question here is how Qin reacts here as their unreachable wall is now in reach.
That last part really showed you how meticulously they built this story. So much emphasis on the scale and importance of siege warfare in the last season and then you see them roll out something just as impressive JUST to show you how ineffectual it is against a greater defense and THEN they raise the stakes again with that simple innovation like :umad::ufdup:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_7.21.59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_7.22.05_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_7.19.34_PM.png

Right before Wang Yi's final moment, it was stated the Teng was of his caliber. And in this fight this is where he proved it :wow:

Linwu was clearly a man who was arrogant of his own strength and when he came to a man whos strength was on par with Wang Yi, that arrogance became his downfall. It's hard to feel the pity for a man who whom had a wife and was arrogant as well to risk that. Gotta feel bad for the girl, it's clear that she didn't care about the strength of a general.

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_7.48.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_7.49.03_PM.png

Man this line before he struck him down was cold :wow:. Breh thought he was one of Wang Yi's lackies, the disrespect :stopitslime:

Screen_Shot_2024-01-28_at_7.51.12_PM.png

I gotta give my props to Tian here. He's more calculating than either Ben or Xin. But he KNEW that the deadshot sniper was going to be a big problem. It was hella risky on his end, but landing a blow and slicing his bow was a massive deal.

Maaaan Teng and that permanent facial expression, not to mention the Wang laugh cracks me up every time, even in clutch moments. At the same time, it subverts the expectations because just like Linwu, you forget just who he is, who he served directly under, and what he's capable of. A mistake you don't get to make twice.

Each kingdom really does add another wrinkle to the story and each of their Generals has a distinct fingerprint. With a cast this gargantuan, that's a feat in and of itself.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Are they really gonna do what they did in S5 where they ran production for the movie and season at the same time :skip: :mjlol:

Gave three anime a first couple of episodes watch:
Bucchigiri -
Great action animation and the sense of humor is on point (dude powers up by focusing on his greatest goal...to lose his virginity)...but I've never seen an anime where all the fan service is for the female viewers. All the tough guys act like they have schoolgirl crushes on the new guy because he punches hard.

team-visuals.jpeg

I can't remember the last time I saw a HS delinquents fighting anime where it was pretty much just focused on the fights. No time-travel BS like Tokyo Revengers. This is Tenjou Tenge, "Let's do a death match in the cafeteria," range.

Ishura -
Seems like a flip on the Isekai concept. The demon king was defeated, so everyone expected peace. But all the freakishly powerful people that got summoned are still wandering around causing chaos. The first episode ends with an implication that our Isekai'd power houses are all gonna be linking up and fighting. Cold-blooded kills; great action sequences; and it's a rare case where I think the CGI compliments the art instead of needing to be hidden.
658b267f48ff46c8db020760_GCRTZRGXQAA9rwu.jpeg

It could slip into edgelord territory, but the first episode was about 5 minutes of plot and then all action. That's a mindless action anime ratio that I can go for!

The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic -
Another flip on Isekais, but it's a lot more generic. A dude is walking home with two friends, and the trio is summoned to another world. Only, it turns out the two friends were the heroes of legend and the third guy is just an accidental throw-in. It only gets worse when he turns out to have healing magic that's super rare in that world. So, a psycho general wants to personally train him but not like a regular healer. She's got this dude working out 24/7 and healing himself the whole time so muscle fatigue won't be a problem.

GDpNXuyWIAEuARf.jpg:large

Picture Esdeath from Akame Ga Kiru training a dude whose only power is a generic heal spell. But she still wants an assassin.
Honestly I am surprised Bucchigiri has been slept on here. It got the Mappa name. Fights and animation look good. It's pretty much hilarious. Only downside so far is the Mc in terms of simping.

Ishura is a series people should just wait to binge. Each episode so far has been character introduction episodes, which each has been great. But just something I imagine will be better when binged.

Imo Wrong Way to Using Magic diverges from being isekai since Usato is only given his healing magic, but it does a great job at showcasing his work ethic yes. Everything he does so far in the anime feels earned, which you can respect. And Rose's goal is more so him as a hybrid rather then a pure healer, which showcasing how important it is to get people in position to get healed in the most optimal way.

It doesn't have friends from the same world that backstab him, it doesn't have the evil Kingdom, he doesn't get massively OP with no effort from his own, etc.

So I disagree on your take calling it generic.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Are they really gonna do what they did in S5 where they ran production for the movie and season at the same time :skip: :mjlol:

Honestly I am surprised Bucchigiri has been slept on here. It got the Mappa name. Fights and animation look good. It's pretty much hilarious. Only downside so far is the Mc in terms of simping.

Ishura is a series people should just wait to binge. Each episode so far has been character introduction episodes, which each has been great. But just something I imagine will be better when binged.

Imo Wrong Way to Using Magic diverges from being isekai since Usato is only given his healing magic, but it does a great job at showcasing his work ethic yes. Everything he does so far in the anime feels earned, which you can respect. And Rose's goal is more so him as a hybrid rather then a pure healer, which showcasing how important it is to get people in position to get healed in the most optimal way.

It doesn't have friends from the same world that backstab him, it doesn't have the evil Kingdom, he doesn't get massively OP with no effort from his own, etc.

So I disagree on your take calling it generic.

I'm kind of surprised by Bucchigiri, too. The character designs are pretty slick, and it's got a ton of style. But I wonder if we need a few more quality fight scenes to get clipped up before it starts picking up steam. I've already seen the scrap between the top two Freshmen getting shared around.

I'm only one episode in on Ishura. So, I'm not sure if it'll be one that I switch to binging yet. The first episode was pretty striking, but I could see it getting tired if we get a bunch of intro episodes consecutively. That does explain why I'm not seeing much hype for it, though, because I figured that opening fight with the swordsman would get a lot of attention on its own.

I guess I have to give Wrong Way more time. It's the underdog MC in a fantasy setting that feels generic to me. But the creativity with the healing class and the sense of humor is great even early on. I can picture it setting itself apart as I keep watching. Also, the female lead being an Isekai-stan is hilarious.