Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Overtake! had a solid season. The show wasn't what I was expecting, and that's a good thing. I think the show handled the team aspect of motorsport well, and the drama it can cause. The show wasn't shy to let the audience know money makes a major difference and there isn't a level playing field because of that. I wasn't expecting that PTSD conflict with a main character , and I thought it was handled very well. The ending itself wrapped everything up, and I didn't mind the route they went because it was about the MC journey of finding himself in F4. I felt the journey was worth the conclusion if that's the final season of the show

overall 8.5/10 season for me

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Overtake! had a solid season. The show wasn't what I was expecting, and that's a good thing. I think the show handled the team aspect of motorsport well, and the drama it can cause. The show wasn't shy to let the audience know money makes a major difference and there isn't a level playing field because of that. I wasn't expecting that PTSD conflict with a main character , and I thought it was handled very well. The ending itself wrapped everything up, and I didn't mind the route they went because it was about the MC journey of finding himself in F4. I felt the journey was worth the conclusion if that's the final season of the show

overall 8.5/10 season for me
Even being critical I would give it a 9/10. The growth both Haruka and Kouya had was just terrific. And it dived into the minds of Haruka, Satsuki and Takumaru and the challenges each of them faced very well. Every episode served a great purpose for what was to come. Even characters like Koutarou and Arisu had their small moments.

The man knock this series has that its advertised as a racing series when it is drama first racing second. Which is partially what I love how it was written. But this series isn't a racing first series, which can throw people off compared to lets say MF Ghost which I heard is much more racing.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Even being critical I would give it a 9/10. The growth both Haruka and Kouya had was just terrific. And it dived into the minds of Haruka, Satsuki and Takumaru and the challenges each of them faced very well. Every episode served a great purpose for what was to come. Even characters like Koutarou and Arisu had their small moments.

The man knock this series has that its advertised as a racing series when it is drama first racing second. Which is partially what I love how it was written. But this series isn't a racing first series, which can throw people off compared to lets say MF Ghost which I heard is much more racing.
Yeah, I felt the racing itself might've been third because overall the overarching story was dealing with mental obstacles. I don't mind the route they went, but I can see some complaining about it due to racing being somewhat of an afterthought. However,I think it still gets you prepared for what racing in motorsport is like because there is a lot of preparation that is done before a race. I think my only complaint might be the choreography of the race itself. I think it could've been more intense, but I think they wanted to display the mental blocks that are happening with the drivers.

I think this is probably it, but if there is a next season. They should do a time skip and have Haruka, Satsuki and Takumaru on the same team at a higher level

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
bytch is a fukking menace on Sword Hero,

They should’ve never allowed her to roam freely

Facts
and you'd think these nikkas would have at least smashed, the way she be fukking up their minds/lives all the time.
nikkas be getting lil trinkets and shyt from her like they her broads. :mjlol:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Facts
and you'd think these nikkas would have at least smashed, the way she be fukking up their minds/lives all the time.
nikkas be getting lil trinkets and shyt from her like they her broads. :mjlol:

Her name is now "bytch", she got the Double Technical and hit with the David Stern Lifetime ban, She is a Proven Liar...

WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED TO PROVE SHE IS GOING TO DITCH YOU!?!

:damn: "YOUR THE EVIL ONE SHIELD HERO."

All 3 Cardinal Heroes are retards, pure and simple.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Off rip, your rankings are your own breh. At least you actually have them. :mjgrin:

When it comes to Nobarra, I agree with you 100%, I definitely would have liked to see more from her in regards to development AND expanding on her CT because it has a LOT of possibilities and is very versatile. Having that snuffed out when she's been a main on the squad actually means something to the chemistry of the story.

Like you said, now you feel like no one is safe which means it's a success. As to whether I like this style? Yes but like I said a while back, only when it's executed properly and with a worthwhile plot. Otherwise you're just killing off people that I don't care about either because they were flat or because you never fleshed them out. I'll point back to Eisen dying in Hell's Paradise; he was the #1 ranked, looked cool, but his death meant absolutely nothing to me.

Killing people just to be edgy is trash. There has to be a purpose and investment.
Well in the series defense his death was more to set the tone for the island where even all of these Samurais lives aren't guaranteed. Less with character more a means to demonstrate the danger everybody is in. Was it the right decision to set the tone? Biggest issue is that you are told he is #1, but you don't know why he was ranked number outside of flashbacks here and there.

Also the weird thing about these ranks in Hell's Paradise is that they are in more in line of who's capable of taking over for the clan. Like Sagiri is actually much stronger then her rank indicates, but because she is a woman it severely lowers her ranking. Shion being blind is probably also what lowered his rank a bit. [Manga Spoilers] Shugen was mentally deranged. While Jikka was uh a lazy a$$hole, so not a good leader putting it together.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Her name is now "bytch", she got the Double Technical and hit with the David Stern Lifetime ban, She is a Proven Liar...

WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED TO PROVE SHE IS GOING TO DITCH YOU!?!

:damn: "YOUR THE EVIL ONE SHIELD HERO."

All 3 Cardinal Heroes are retards, pure and simple.

the fact that a few of them were still using her real name had me like :what:

Shield Hero knew how to address her every time tho :shaq:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I enjoyed the finale to Shy. The show had a heartfelt endearing vibe to it that just works somehow. The speech dude gave to Shy was some real nikka shyt.

It also had one of my favorite openings for this season too

Definitely would watch a 2nd season.