Balla

Superstar
Daps
Thought this might deserve it's own thread but I'll let one of y'all make it if you want to.
One piece anime remake by studio WIt (AOT 1-3 and spy x). Presumably getting fma brotherhood treatment and will be seasonal.

Im tryna figure out if I should watch this. Should I skip the original episodes or just watch them all together.

I got too many episodes to watch of this already.

:skip::skip:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Hol up, now this ain't Hell's Paradise where MFs getting bodied at random every episode with little to no build. This arc and more importantly, it's losses are to impress upon you how vital Gojo was in maintaining the balance in this world.

Guys like Jogo and even Sukuna were made to look like scrubs and made light of with him in play. Everything was going to be alright because they just needed to hold out until Gojo arrives. Now he's out the picture and these same easy Ws are resulting in the deaths of top ranked characters and reality sets in.

There are serious consequences in this world and they make you feel it.

Yeah this definitely looks promising. It's got a high bar to live up to against your last suggestion with Dark Gathering. :wow:
It ain’t right dawg. It feels too early for all of this stuff.

I thought they were gonna fight him together at least. She went out way quicker than I thlought.

I don’t like when they do this to main characters.

:mjcry::mjcry:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I can officially say it now:

Nobara

:mjcry: :mjcry:

They did her mad dirty. How she ain’t dodge that?

I thought she was a good character.

That happened to her way too early and shouldn’t have happened at all tbh.

So I’m guessing the author is just gonna keep doing this with characters just because.
There was two Mahitos. There was no way she was escaping that since she didn't know the one she was fighting was like a clone of sort.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man finished watching Beserk of Gluttony after the finale man this was the definition of watchable mid. It had a few cool ideas with the Deadly Sin weapons, but ended up playing it safe. And they setup a strong independent Female in Roxy as a character who is one of the strongest knights in that world to a damsel in distress who constantly needs saving.

Def wouldn't recommend.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Dark Gathering episode 24 adapted the rest of chapter 32 and about 3/4 of chapter 33. Expecting the finale to end at chapter 34 which serves as a a transitional episode into the next arc if season 2 happens. To note while everything in the chapter was adapted pretty good. They didn't adapt the aftermath of the events regarding the sensei and his family. Not anything crucial to the story itself, but adds more weight to this arc and tragedy this teacher went through.

Yayoi-chan taking care of business. Once she was able to solve how to escape the rest was simple. We see a lot of victims in this series, but this one takes the cake. Can only feel bad for the sensei. :mjcry:

Man Yayoi-chan really has everything planned. :damn: Using the knowledge that Keitario found out in the banana hotel arc and crafted an intelligent use of lies to trick the ghost possessing Dorothy. The fact she simply did this so she didn't have to worry taking time off for school is sickening. :pacspit:

But adding that the Dorothy is inside that doll. Who is suffering everyday. :mjcry: Talk about giving Yayoi-chan even more motivation to stop this group since she was motivated enough to defeat Spectre of Death to allow her mom to pass on peacefully. Also you have Ai-chan whom is a victim of the God.

Yayoi-chan clearly has a trusted ally in Shami. And like us she is surprised how much Yayoi-chan has this planned out. :pachaha:

Great episode and next episode should serve as the transitional episode into the next arc when/if a season 2 gets confirmed.

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_2.58.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.00.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.02.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.04.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.05.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.11.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.11.36_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.11.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.15.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.17.51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.17.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.18.59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.19.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.19.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.19.49_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.33.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.34.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.34.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.34.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-17_at_3.34.58_PM.png

The first is Dark Gathering art during '24 Jump Fiesta

The 2nd is a doodle by Kondou-sensei to celebrate episode 24

The 3rd is fan art by the art director

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Spy x Family is the funniest anime I've watched since Shin Chan.
Honestly I hope this gets more studio collabs to team up for these big adaptations like we have with SxF with Wit and Cloverworks. Even with SxF getting a season every year most likely (also this year we have the anime original movie) it makes the production schedule much more manageable which is good.

Look at MHA. Bones is a great studio but there is a season basically every year plus they put out these movies as well for MHA. It's a reminder how good of a studio Bones is because that workload is insane when you really think about it. Recall that every season is double cour.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
It ain’t right dawg. It feels too early for all of this stuff.

I thought they were gonna fight him together at least. She went out way quicker than I thlought.

I don’t like when they do this to main characters.

Oh I understand having to watch the homies get that work, shyt hurts. On the flip side, now at least everyone understands that there are actual stakes and anyone could catch that trip to the Upper Room.

In most shows, you already know that the main characters are safe and at most, some side filler characters are going to die for impact. At most, they might start dropping near the end but this series isn't going to be as long as a BLEACH, Naruto, or even HxH and Gege threw the formula out the window.

Now any time some shyt goes down, you're going to be a little edgy and that's what they want. Well, if you don't drop the show when your favorites die but that's the gamble he's taking.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Oh I understand having to watch the homies get that work, shyt hurts. On the flip side, now at least everyone understands that there are actual stakes and anyone could catch that trip to the Upper Room.

In most shows, you already know that the main characters are safe and at most, some side filler characters are going to die for impact. At most, they might start dropping near the end but this series isn't going to be as long as a BLEACH, Naruto, or even HxH and Gege threw the formula out the window.

Now any time some shyt goes down, you're going to be a little edgy and that's what they want. Well, if you don't drop the show when your favorites die but that's the gamble he's taking.
Lets be honest here people want JJK to be something its not trying to be. You want your cookie cutter generic Shonunen this aint it. I appreciate a Shounen showing that there is stakes, anybody if they are not ready can meet their end. Now the key for JJK is to not too trigger happy because that's when this gets over done.

Don't come here expecting either CSM or JJK to be your Dragonball, Naruto, One Piece, MHA, etc these 2 aint that. They deviate from them and its for the better.

A series like Jigo are more in line with what they want. Tho what separates Jigo (talking about the manga cause Mappa giving a half ass adaptation :unimpressed: ) from Demon Slayer, MHA, etc is that it doesn't depend on the troupes so much and the writing is tigher and more concise.

It doesn't reach the highs of JJK or CSM but it stays pretty consistent throughout and doesn't have the lows that a majority of Shonens run into imo. Granted partly is due to being a shorter series. (Which meant it had lower popularity then both JJK and CSM, but a series knowing when to end is a lost art in manga. Too many drag shyt way past when they really should have ended. AoT is a perfect recent example of it should have at the latest beginning of finale season Pt 2.

Balla

Superstar
Daps

Yeah, I know he wants to switch it up, but it’s still crazy.

It’s funny because I knew about it for so long and I’m still shocked after watching it.

After this, I’m expecting no one is safe.

:mjlol: :mjlol:

Do you like that way of storytelling?

Wouldn’t it be wild if that happened to Ruika in the second season?

It’s just like damn.

She seemed like she had potential of being a good character.

I’m coming more from a place where I wanted to see more of the main characters together and how they grow through the show, so yes, it’s the Shonen expectation.

Am I wrong for putting Chimera Ant arc above this now?

:lolbron::lolbron:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

It’s funny because I knew about it for so long and I’m still shocked after watching it.

It’s just like damn.

I’m coming more from a place where I wanted to see more of the main characters together and how they grow through the show, so yes, it’s the Shonen expectation.

Off rip, your rankings are your own breh. At least you actually have them. :mjgrin:

When it comes to Nobarra, I agree with you 100%, I definitely would have liked to see more from her in regards to development AND expanding on her CT because it has a LOT of possibilities and is very versatile. Having that snuffed out when she's been a main on the squad actually means something to the chemistry of the story.

Like you said, now you feel like no one is safe which means it's a success. As to whether I like this style? Yes but like I said a while back, only when it's executed properly and with a worthwhile plot. Otherwise you're just killing off people that I don't care about either because they were flat or because you never fleshed them out. I'll point back to Eisen dying in Hell's Paradise; he was the #1 ranked, looked cool, but his death meant absolutely nothing to me.

Killing people just to be edgy is trash. There has to be a purpose and investment.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Off rip, your rankings are your own breh. At least you actually have them. :mjgrin:

When it comes to Nobarra, I agree with you 100%, I definitely would have liked to see more from her in regards to development AND expanding on her CT because it has a LOT of possibilities and is very versatile. Having that snuffed out when she's been a main on the squad actually means something to the chemistry of the story.

Like you said, now you feel like no one is safe which means it's a success. As to whether I like this style? Yes but like I said a while back, only when it's executed properly and with a worthwhile plot. Otherwise you're just killing off people that I don't care about either because they were flat or because you never fleshed them out. I'll point back to Eisen dying in Hell's Paradise; he was the #1 ranked, looked cool, but his death meant absolutely nothing to me.

Killing people just to be edgy is trash. There has to be a purpose and investment.
Don’t even have to kill then just incapacitate them
To where they can’t fight no more or not as useful killing just to kill won’t have the proper impact especially if u don’t want to flesh them out and if u don’t want to flesh them out make them standout off the bat or be memorable real quick to where it can have the effect u want

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

It’s just like damn.

I have chimera ant above it but that can change depending on replay value tho first showing is deceiving at shyt a lot of times that second watch will tell u how u really feel