KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yo always saw manga releases for this shyt but never checked it out until i saw some dude on here talking about it...I was like :ohhh: that shyt is :mindblown:

Lets be real the ANTS arc in the manga was garbage. Them ants were just too powerful :damn: even the mangaka realize how :mindblown: that shyt was so he ended it the way he did.

how far in the manga did you get?

so they just get owned through the whole arc?

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am looking for good OVA's and films in the mold of Sword of the stranger any recommendations?

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
I watched the first episode of shigurui and I didn't really like it. It seemed like an anime version of an artsy indie flick. Sparse dialogue, the scenes were all close ups which I didn't like, bad lighting or too bright, it jumped from one scene to the next , I didn't really understand it at all..maybe the manga was better and it got lost in translation like blade of the immortal..but I'll try to stick it thru and watch all the episodes since there's only 14 of them..

I hear you breh, its an acquired taste imo, stick with it and see what you think.

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
I dont even fck with animes anymore (except "shigurui" which is a masterpiece imo) but this is one of the most compelling things I've ever watched. When that Usain Bolt juggernaut thing came out of nowhere, bust through that thick ass wall and struck a :smugfavre: pose I was like :whoo: :wow:

Shigurui was the last shining sun I could feel :ahh:. It was suspenseful and gritty. Only bad thing it's the short length, I wanted them to finish the story. Maybe I should read the manga if it's finished.
I haven't really watched any anime since then since most anime seem to cater to a younger audience and story plots are somewhat predictable :ld:

However, I just started downloading rahxephon, someone recommended it saying it was one of the greatest stories in anime, it better be :birdman:

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
I am looking for good OVA's and films in the mold of Sword of the stranger any recommendations?

I don't really know of any OVAs like that, but a for TV series, samurai 7 comes pretty close and for a film princess monoke comes close..there are also good samurai series like house of five leaves and samurai champloo and films like ninja scroll and Afro samurai..Samurai X is good but I didn't understand it the 90s since it was Japanese only..but from what I can remember the animation was good..

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
yall keep talking bout this Shigurui shyt but i've tried to watch that shyt twice now and can nvr get passed ep 2 :beli: HxH better than that shyt all day

They can't even be compared b/c that shyt is brutal as fukk and they not playing some kid games like in Hunter(I love Hunter by the way). Straight up samurai clans slicing muthafukkas up. The beauty of the anime is that the creator is a physician so he knows exactly what the body looks like down to the muscles being used in a duel to how limbs look being sliced through flesh and bone. I admit its slow but give it a chance and the pay off will make your jaw drop.
shigu2.gif

tumblr_luzg21fo4D1r6sqv4o1_500.jpg

One of the sickest most brutal yet amazing animes I've ever seen.

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
They can't even be compared b/c that shyt is brutal as fukk and they not playing some kid games like in Hunter(I love Hunter by the way). Straight up samurai clans slicing muthafukkas up. The beauty of the anime is that the creator is a physician so he knows exactly what the body looks like down to the muscles being used in a duel to how limbs look being sliced through flesh and bone. I admit its slow but give it a chance and the pay off will make your jaw drop.
shigu2.gif

tumblr_luzg21fo4D1r6sqv4o1_500.jpg

One of the sickest most brutal yet amazing animes I've ever seen.
I loved it. Can't wait to see the bluray version.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That anime Shigurui is :wow:, when that giant a$$hole took a bite out of dude's mom like :eat:, that shyt had me like :sadcam:
Then in the next episode you could feel that main character's rage, I wanta see how this ends.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
That anime Shigurui is :wow:, when that giant a$$hole took a bite out of dude's mom like :eat:, that shyt had me like :sadcam:
Then in the next episode you could feel that main character's rage, I wanta see how this ends.

You're mixing up Shingeki with Shigurui

Alright I'm going to try to finish this Shigurui anime in a the next few days..im watching ghost in the shell SAC right now which is a real masterpiece IMO..

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
lebrons hairline said:
Just finished Berserk (late pass) That ending had me :wtf::merchant::sadcam:
Don't know if I'm gonna start reading the manga or not. Hear it goes on forever.

The end of the animé leaves you with about 30-40 more chapters of storyline to go through and the author isn't done yet. If you thought Guts was powerful, you ain't seen NOTHING......

.....especially once he gets the Berserker Armor.....:ooh:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
The end of the animé leaves you with about 30-40 more chapters of storyline to go through and the author isn't done yet. If you thought Guts was powerful, you ain't seen NOTHING......

.....especially once he gets the Berserker Armor.....:ooh:
Volumes right :laugh: