cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
adding frieren, shangri la frontier and apothecary diaries to my list from this season

Ice T Happy GIF - Ice T Happy Eating - Discover & Share GIFs

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Dark Gathering ep 21 adapted chapters 27+28. These chapters were well adapted in particular the Otogiri flashback was very well done. Just seeing it animated made the impact of it felt as she went out on her own terms much greater imo.

Hearing Yayoi saying motherfukker was downright hilarious :mjlol: .

Big Props to Eiko for stepping up saving Yayoi-chan and Keitaro. Her using Anna in the experiment paid BIG dividends here. Since she would be hanged like Yayoi-chan if she didn't have Anna take the hits for her the whole party would have been dead to right.

Otogiri vs Black Asura of the Eclipse is a fun matchup. Basically we got each of them regenerating by using the other. But damn Otogiri backstory delivered better then when I read it in the manga. Woman like Kurenai are fukking scary irl there is no bounds what they will do to get what they want. At least Otogiri got her revenge as she went out.

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_2.48.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_2.56.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_2.58.31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_2.59.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_2.59.38_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.01.40_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.02.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.03.49_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.04.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.12.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.12.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.12.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.13.00_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.14.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.14.32_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.14.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.17.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.19.54_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.21.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-26_at_3.21.36_PM.png

The first is a doodle to celebrate the episode by Kondou-sensei and the second is fan art by the art director.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man Overtake direction is phenomenal, a very very powerful episode today.

Man getting the full picture behind the incident made it all the more crushing. She wasn't just some random girl but the granddaughter of a friend. That makes it all the more crushing. :mjcry: Like the criticism behind the photo that we knew before was one matter but the wait on Kouya's end just adds so much you get why he has so much trauma from this incident.

But being able to see a picture of the girl full of smile at the end just does so much since the controversy photo isn't the only memory of her. Man such a well directed episode really fukking good. :mjcry:

You almost forget that this is a racing anime damn.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
SSJ3 eyebrows

Barefoot/Shirtless in some slacks

I really don't like the character designs in Undead Unluck, it could be a higher tier if that didn't stand out to me every episode

Like, they'll do cool shyt but don't actually look cool themselves while doing it or something :jbhmm:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
SSJ3 eyebrows

Barefoot/Shirtless in some slacks

I really don't like the character designs in Undead Unluck, it could be a higher tier if that didn't stand out to me every episode

Like, they'll do cool shyt but don't actually look cool themselves while doing it or something :jbhmm:
undead unluck is bad and carried by animation

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
undead unluck is bad and carried by animation
I haven't even seen this godlike animation I keep seeing people mention either, looks regular imo, not bad, not mind-blowing either.

But yea idk this feels very much like Mid in Loudpack packaging

I don't even know what day that shyt drops during the week forreal

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I haven't even seen this godlike animation I keep seeing people mention either, looks regular imo, not bad, not mind-blowing either.

But yea idk this feels very much like Mid in Loudpack packaging

I don't even know what day that shyt drops during the week forreal
The direction is part of that enhances it. Ep 1 with Fuuko's backstory, The whole deal with Gena and Andy and the whole deal with the kids and their zombie teacher. Like SxF and Apothecary Diaries direction is the big thing that puts it all together.

This is one of those series where if you are strictly watching for the fights thats the part with the animation where its fine, but it isn't its selling point. Thats the type of thing you would watch JJK or SLF for. As for these the choreography in these two shows is easily the best for this season. (Frieren is up their too but it isn't the selling point of the show obviously)

Once you get past the fight with Gena the show really opens up to itself with the rules and stuff. Which for me is pretty interesting. The first two episodes of Undead Unluck is bad imo. Once you get to episode 4 that's when the show finds its footing.

The biggest issue is the dynamic between Andy and Fuuko. At this point nothing about them makes you really care for them at all. Like why should we care about them reaching their goals? The dynamic with side characters and side characters between one of them is more interesting then their own dynamic with each other.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I hope people are checking out Overtake because that show is a well written show. Today's episode was powerful, and I really like the direction that the show went because I wasn't expecting this show to be this good

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
The direction is part of that enhances it. Ep 1 with Fuuko's backstory, The whole deal with Gena and Andy and the whole deal with the kids and their zombie teacher. Like SxF and Apothecary Diaries direction is the big thing that puts it all together.

This is one of those series where if you are strictly watching for the fights thats the part with the animation where its fine, but it isn't its selling point. Thats the type of thing you would watch JJK or SLF for. As for these the choreography in these two shows is easily the best for this season. (Frieren is up their too but it isn't the selling point of the show obviously)

Once you get past the fight with Gena the show really opens up to itself with the rules and stuff. Which for me is pretty interesting. The first two episodes of Undead Unluck is bad imo. Once you get to episode 4 that's when the show finds its footing.

The biggest issue is the dynamic between Andy and Fuuko. At this point nothing about them makes you really care for them at all. Like why should we care about them reaching their goals? The dynamic with side characters and side characters between one of them is more interesting then their own dynamic with each other.
Yea I watch stuff for a variety of reasons and gives shows a chance to win me over, I wasn't watching this for the fights so miss me there breh :francis: this shyt is just weak, they can not have a fight in Frieren for weeks and I'm still thoroughly entertained with everything else. This story is very mid.

Like you said in the last paragraph, they gave me zero reason to give a fukk about the two main characters :yeshrug: I don't give a dam about whatever tension or feelings they have for each other, the motives that we were given are mind numbingly dry to me

And I deadass don't like the design of it, so I need some seriously good writing to get me on board, I haven't seen any of that either, absolutely none of the plotlines I've seen so far have hit, it's either been too predictable or just plain uninteresting :russell: fukk do I care about these zombie's lives for, haven't had a single :ohhh: moment yet forreal while watching besides them getting the quests and rewards read to them.

I thought the whole "Un-" thing was just the main two characters abilities/burdens, and something that was just coincidence, all of these other "Un-" abilities sound dumb and forced to me :yeshrug:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yea I watch stuff for a variety of reasons and gives shows a chance to win me over, I wasn't watching this for the fights so miss me there breh :francis: this shyt is just weak, they can not have a fight in Frieren for weeks and I'm still thoroughly entertained with everything else. This story is very mid.

Like you said in the last paragraph, they gave me zero reason to give a fukk about the two main characters :yeshrug: I don't give a dam about whatever tension or feelings they have for each other, the motives that we were given are mind numbingly dry to me

And I deadass don't like the design of it, so I need some seriously good writing to get me on board, I haven't seen any of that either, absolutely none of the plotlines I've seen so far have hit, it's either been too predictable or just plain uninteresting :russell: fukk do I care about these zombie's lives for, haven't had a single :ohhh: moment yet forreal while watching besides them getting the quests and rewards read to them.

I thought the whole "Un-" thing was just the main two characters abilities/burdens, and something that was just coincidence, all of these other "Un-" abilities sound dumb and forced to me :yeshrug:
Oh yea comparing this story to Frieren or Apothcary Diaries is an insult for those two. As both of these can add so much interest just based on dialogue alone. Stellar voice acting and music really brings it out for those two especially.

The rules and how the world works regarding those going forward does interest me and it does seem like something they can really build upon. But like you mentioned if you don't really care about that aspect of the show I could see why its a miss.

Maybe the stuff with Andy at the end of the last episode regarding his other form could be the start of something. But that's all speculation at this point.