winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bolded are the things in your list that is worth mentioning. But the only sure thing is Boku Yaba and Kingdom. Most likely Moonlit Fantasy will be fine with the studio change since JC Staff is a solid studio. Tomozaki has a strong source material, but the studio adapting it doesn't give me much confidence.

Thing is every season has a few shows that are worth watching. :manny:

Would add both Mato Slave, Dungeon Meshi, and Witch and the Beast are worth mentioning more than the majority that you posted. Tho previews for Mato don't look good tho.
Villainess level 99 is in the same ballpark as Bakarina and Tearmoon Empire for being funny. The main character is a clueless idiot like the leads in those but she has God tier powers. She lives in a world where people struggle to reach above level 40 and she hits level 99 as a child. She does stupid stuff like unleash a horde of monsters on her classmates to try and train them and lets her massive dragon run wild and treat it like a cute puppy when it makes people piss on themselves.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
wtf, this service is the exclusive place for many shows. They better not play around when Oshi No Ko season 2 is out.
Well as long as Muse Asia also streams the shows in the southeast Asia market subs will still be available at the usual sites.

The bigger issue here is that HIDIVE is the only service that takes care of its translators. Crunchyroll, Netflix and disney don't offer shyt. Crunchyroll is more so the issue since its an anime streaming service and this will lead to worst translations.

Then you add Sony now has a Monopoly on the anime market while not improve their product.

Plus Crunchyroll has been a much worse service since the funi merger. I have seen these two scenarios way too often
  • They are late posting their shows. Not like 5 mins late but like 30+ mins late.
  • They forget subs when they drop their simulcasts which takes hours till the issue gets fixed.
This season these two issues I have seen too many times to count as a one time thing. Not the biggest deal in the moment because I would just watch later. But given the amount of times it is like :francis:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Helck Ep 19

Man the start of the recap before the op hit me on some more emotional damage that I still haven't recovered from. :mjcry:

This episode served as a great bridge putting all the details in the flashback arc into the present. Man it was such a great scene for Vamirio to not only say she has Helck's full support, but to call him her friend which is great. Azurda and Vamirio's support is something Helck desperately needs.

Been awhile since we have Piwi having his innocence back in action is great. In good fashion with this Vamirio defeats a monster that was causing problems for a town.

So for the Valkyrie girl was she running into the enhanced heroes on her way here? Azurda is one crafty dude. He is going to set a diversion for Helck and Vamirio to be sneak and launch their attack to stop these humans.

The thing with the enhanced soliders that they are mentally fukked up in the head with power. I wonder how effective Piwi's singing could be with this. Might be a longshot idea but I feel Piwi is gonna have a moment when he comes up clutch when we least expect it.

Speaking of Piwi this moment actually killed me LMAO.

Screen_Shot_2023-11-14_at_1.53.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-14_at_1.54.31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-14_at_1.56.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-14_at_1.56.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-14_at_1.57.57_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-14_at_1.58.20_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-14_at_2.01.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-14_at_2.03.09_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-14_at_2.03.59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-14_at_2.04.38_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-14_at_2.06.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-14_at_2.06.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-14_at_2.09.51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-11-14_at_2.19.35_PM.png

Dead Mount Death Play Ep 18 adapted chapters 53-56. Given where this arc ends adapting 4-5 chapters per episode is more likely the play. While there is moments like with Soara's backstory that could have hit and be executed harder. But given the pacing its understandable that they need to keep moving along.

Solid episode. We got revelation that Corpse God's step father basically sold off his family and killed him. Luckily he had the emperor to revive him via necromancy. But when Corpse God sees what happened to Soara and that only triggers him more and more. Things are building up solidly. Voice acting is the #1 highlight of this adaptation.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Villainess level 99 is in the same ballpark as Bakarina and Tearmoon Empire for being funny. The main character is a clueless idiot like the leads in those but she has God tier powers. She lives in a world where people struggle to reach above level 40 and she hits level 99 as a child. She does stupid stuff like unleash a horde of monsters on her classmates to try and train them and lets her massive dragon run wild and treat it like a cute puppy when it makes people piss on themselves.
Ok but you missed my point. Did you see who is adapting it? An anime can have a great source, but if the one who is adapting does a crappy job then it is all meaningless.

That's an atrocious resume. It's a hentai studio who did its first anime with don't hurt me healer and they also are doing iseaki potions this season. Both are mediocre stuff. They were part of the Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer abomination. There is more red flags the more I look.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ok but you missed my point. Did you see who is adapting it? An anime can have a great source, but if the one who is adapting does a crappy job then it is all meaningless.

That's an atrocious resume. It's a hentai studio who did its first anime with don't hurt me healer and they also are doing iseaki potions this season. Both are mediocre stuff. They were part of the Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer abomination. There is more red flags the more I look.
The series writer leaves some hope.

This is the person that wrote Clannad, Full Metal Panic, and Air. The director has done almost nothing of note though. It could go either way. I would say the animation studio isn't as important as the director and the series composition writer.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Guess I'm back in to catch the JJK train. :unimpressed:I swear I try not to be pessimistic towards these shows but damn. nikkas said demon slayer was the GOAT and walking that back. Hyped up Chainsaw man shyt was mid. AOT just finished and nikkas saying top 5. JJK people saying is the modern GOAT even though they just called demon slayer the GOAT.

I'll give JJK another chance but this shyt better deliver

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Guess I'm back in to catch the JJK train. :unimpressed:I swear I try not to be pessimistic towards these shows but damn. nikkas said demon slayer was the GOAT and walking that back. Hyped up Chainsaw man shyt was mid. AOT just finished and nikkas saying top 5. JJK people saying is the modern GOAT even though they just called demon slayer the GOAT.

Chanisaw Man got better as it went along. By the ending it wasn't mid anymore.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

its about who you trust out here

jjk s2 is movie level stuff nonstop

some of us tried to tell folks about chainmid man

demon slayer basically the level of MHA without the season by season fall off :mjlol: its by the numbers but the numbers work. looking back, i don't think i had a good thing to say about AoT outside of some big moments here and there. no idea how people stuck with it from week to week with years in between.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Chanisaw Man got better as it went along. By the ending it wasn't mid anymore.
Manga or anime? If anime I'm not in full agreement, it picked up for sure action wise, but that doesn't make up for lackluster characters, poor worldbuilding, and a weak plot. It reminds me of an anime version of The Boys where damn near every character in the show is unlikeable and impossible to root for.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Manga or anime? If anime I'm not in full agreement, it picked up for sure action wise, but that doesn't make up for lackluster characters, poor worldbuilding, and a weak plot. It reminds me of an anime version of The Boys where damn near every character in the show is unlikeable and impossible to root for.
the anime. It took like 7.5 episodes go get going though.