tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yes to both of these. The animation style reminds me of Fog Hill of the Five Elements (also Chinese, but a genuine action anime with GREAT fight sequences), particularly in the way they animate hands..even in the intro, they get crazy with the hand animation for no reason. Look at them go crazy here:

But it's not the action and fighting anime that the couple of clips I'd seen implied. I'm four episodes in, and there's hardly been a single action sequence. It's hard to explain, but the MC being able to relive people's pasts through their photos and not being allowed to make critical changes turns into some really compelling and emotional moments. I threw it on to watch these dudes throw hands, instead they're cutting onions in this bytch...but it's so good, I can't stop watching.

Honestly these are the type of shows I prefer. Stuff with more substance. I love myself a good action show, but when its a generic battle shounen its hard to care. JJK is more then just the fights it just so happens it has the best fights for modern shounen.

Undead Girl, BSD and My Happy Marriage are all very well written shows and when fights come up they definitely hold. (My Happy Marriage has very few fights being a Shoujo Romance, but during these few moments the animation is amazing).

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Dark Gathering only covered chapter 12 in today's episode today. Last week marked the end of the prolouge and this episode you could say marked the gameplan going forward. Tho the main new thing here they introduced was graduates. If you think of this as pokemon and graduates are the final evolution is an easy way to look at it. Beyond that they delivered the moment between Kei and Yayoi where Yayoi called Kei a great partner and not just great for bait. Very happy with the episode.

Next two episodes will cover chapters 13-15 and really looking forward to them :mjgrin:

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-10_at_2.50.37_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-10_at_2.53.26_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-10_at_2.54.09_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-10_at_3.04.31_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-10_at_3.07.11_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-10_at_3.07.15_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-10_at_3.07.25_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-10_at_3.13.38_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-10_at_3.13.49_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-10_at_3.15.41_PM.png

Mangaka doodle celebrating episode 10

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
MT lingers on the ED jokes too much throughout this arc, which is a shame because it overshadows Rudeus's not so funny conflict with feeling inadequate. This dominated his past life and, at the moment in which he thought it could be left in the past forever, occurs again from the person he's trusted the most in the new life.

Larger point of this arc was for Rudeus to get over that trauma which is more mental than it is physical. He figures out half of puzzle today, probably the rest of it next week leading into another turning point.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
How the hell did the studio allow the roll out of Zom 100 to be this bad?

Why even start releasing episodes of you aren't gonna be able to keep up with the schedule :why:
They wanted to push it out the same time as the live action. Its a pure business decision at the end of the day. These dudes literally be working to the fukking bone. Ideally it should have been delayed till the fall, but business suits aint allowing that.

Delays happen in the anime industry a lot, but these 24 hr delays is just ridiculous. Feel bad for those animators.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
MT lingers on the ED jokes too much throughout this arc, which is a shame because it overshadows Rudeus's not so funny conflict with feeling inadequate. This dominated his past life and, at the moment in which he thought it could be left in the past forever, occurs again from the person he's trusted the most in the new life.

Larger point of this arc was for Rudeus to get over that trauma which is more mental than it is physical. He figures out half of puzzle today, probably the rest of it next week leading into another turning point.
Yeah, I feel Bind focused a little too much on adapting the LN to a T and didn't take advantage of the animated medium. They could've focused on things that would've made the story more engaging or go all in with the character development. But they wanted to have their cake and eat it too, so we ended up with an arc that we all knew was going to be more of a slog, being a slog.

This cour has been mostly saved thanks to vol. 7 taking 4 chapters :pachaha: but the good thing is that it's only 2 more chapters and in January we are back on track with the piff :whew:

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Random JJK thoughts: 100% not asking for spoilers please
  • Was there no one at the Kyoto branch (Three Great Sorcerer families or otherwise) that could have healed Kokichi Muta?
    • Mahito healing him didn't interfere with the power, efficiency, etc. of his Heavenly Pact
    • So no one could have called in a favor to Shoko?
    • Unless Mahito's technique is different, in some way, to RCT healing
  • Why the hell did Yuki tell Geto that there was already another Star Platinum Vessel?
    • This is less about his choice and more about her lack of awareness/ aloofness
  • I'm very interested in how domain expansion/ simple domains work as tactics and in general because once I think I have a handle, it gets usurped
  • Since Gojo seems to be number 1 on the higher Ups' tihS list:
    • Is Gojo going into the veil a "win/ win" for them because everyone knows it's a trap, like they have to know it's a trap
    • Since Gojo is the strongest:
      • either he wins outright or
      • does enough so they can clean up and dies and he's out of their hair?
    • It calls back to S1 where Geto says that their highest probability for success comes from sealing Gojo
    • The mention of the Prison Domain cursed expansion "tool"
Hella excited for the rest of the season.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Watching the Netflix One Piece. Enjoying it so far and it really motivated me to watch the anime to try to find the differences, hopefully I don’t forget too much lmao.