tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Agreed. I was going to say, while s2 Rudeus is a bit more.. likeable tolerable... than in s1, there's still a number of cringe-worthy themes going on, and beyond just him. i.e. The slutty elf who has to sleep with every man or she'll die from a curse... and we see her groping and seducing teenage boys at the wizard school... that in and of itself is problematic. But to compound it, the only sorrow Rudeus feels for her subplot is that he can't take advantage of it himself. Any (heroic) thoughts of finding a way to dispel the curse just isn't a thing. The scene with the enslaved girl was another cringe. Him still praying to the pair of panties is another.

But yea, the series does certain things very well that keeps your attention. I wasn't wow'd by s1 but i thought it was good and how it ended was a high point. You definitely have to turn your brain off to certain things that they try to casually throw at you.
Pretty much. In a lot of shows these SoL arcs can be a good way to give characters development and in a series like this be able to focus on the world building and lore.

But in a case like MT it points to how fukked up the world is along with the MC. Usually I am all the for these type of arcs, but here I am more disgusted to where I want the SoL arc to be gone sooner then later.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I mean Boroto technically has

Breh already died once, and is currently on the run from Konoha.
https://twitter.com/the25thnikka/status/1693074895905701896?s=46&t=4jQpJg84b7uCfy9sPt7p2g

Naruto/Boruto world is now officially worse than Berzerk World :lolbron:

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Bleach TYBW Ep 20

When Yachiru picked up a sword that shyt had me :dead: . I mean she is the lieutenant of the best fighting squad in soul society, so can't be too surprised.

Hypothetically I do like the matchup with Kenpachi against someone whos power is imagination. Issue is that it is said that he lost cause his body couldn't handle the imagination to beat Kenpachi. Why didn't dude imagined himself in a body that could handle it. I don't like powers like that is cause its so hypothetical and there is no ground basis for it. Tho seeing Kenpachi cut down that meteor was hype af :wow:
I am the Edge was as bittersweet as the original fight. Gremmy is fundamentally broken, his abilities were theoretically limitless as long as he was capable of understanding it. His only weakness was his "human" psychology and getting an opponent like an awakened Bankai wielding Kenpachi when you're able to fear something is a monumental L. I mean shyt, he was exponentially increasing his power with clones just to try and generate enough power and then was crushed by said power.

Great concept that's going to further fracture your power scaling if you don't nip it in the bud quickly. If you have to kill something like that, who better?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Still got the movie to watch. But Goblin Slayer S1 was very solid. Honestly with how people talk about it I expected to be more edgy. One thing I like that it does it shows you that in a lot of these fantasy stories there are threats that the Hero won't be able to deal with. Where you need an adventurer like Goblin Slayer and appreciate what he does.

I do admit this doesn't pike my interest in reading since it isn't going to do anything crazy. It is nice to see how Goblin Slayer shows more traits of being human and how the Priestess grows from someone who was barely saved from the goblins. I rather they keep it simple since this formula for this type of series and focus on our two leads journey.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
It was nice to see MT7 start from Sylphy's perspective as she goes through her daily routine. The short segments where you see the world through other characters are some of my favorite parts of the WN, but it doesn't always get properly adapted.

Overall I thought this was one of the funniest episodes so far. Better than how I remember the Beast Girls introduction being in the WN. It helps that it was shorter and the OST/exaggerated anime reaction faces makes the tone feel lighter. You got the apprentice Julie chanting "Roxy!" alongside Rudeus and Zenoba when she just got there :mjlol: