tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yo, Mappa did an INCREDIBLE job with the ending of Hidden Inventory :wow: :wow: @tripleaamin it's the type of shyt we don't see much in anime anymore, let alone a shounen one. Use of imagery and sound to convey thoughts and emotion, great dialogue adaptation from the manga and we get the perfect mix to show us Geto's descent :wow: :mjcry:

This muhfukkas are really gonna change the game with Shibuya aren't they? people are NOT ready for what's coming :damn: :blessed:
You will never see this out of 95% of Shounen nowadays because the manga is up to the quality that JJK is or in the case of Hells Paradise the anime doesn't live up to the manga. But yea they knocked it out of the park. Now we have all the pieces finally connected for Shibuya. I won't say much except get ready when the anime comes back in 3 weeks.

If just talking about series that have an anime CSM has the potential to put in the same work, but in a much more unconventional sense. Tho imo its less of a sure thing then JJK.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Haven't watch OG Kenshin but supposely the backstory Sanosuke was more in depth in the remake. Another good episode. You get to understand Sanosuke, but at the same time you can see how it gives him a flawed opinion on Kenshin. Interesting how the party of 4 goes from here.

Backstory was a lot to digest but basically Sanosuke's group trying to hold a revolution ended up getting screwed by the imperials that were on their side. Also despite what he says about himself he is a good guy since when the brothers got involved he didn't hesitate to help.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
It may not get as much focus as the other episodes since no fights, but this episode showcases peak in JJK writing. The conversation between Yuki and Geto showcases what the limit Yuki an unconventional sorcerer is willing to go. Geto stuck between 2 paths just need to see humans in a disgusting grace one more time to make a clear decision, which is what presents him in JJK 0.

The contrast in Gojo and Geto is even more significant. Since at the beginning of this arc you could see that Gojo was the one who had a few screws loose. But after Riko died and Geto telling him there is no point in killing meaningless lives it put him on the path where we see him now in the present. Geto's path feels like the inverse that he started in this arc. The world that Geto wants seems impossible, but would be easily achievable with Gojo.

Also take a sec to acknowledge that in this episode it was mentioned Gojo is basically able to constantly use limitless by using reverse curse energy on his brain. (Which is freaky as hell) Also he is now able to switch between red and blue seamlessly. The fight against the madman Toji pushed Gojo to evolve and he did it at an insane rate.

Screen_Shot_2023-08-03_at_7.30.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-03_at_7.30.37_PM.png

Also anime is delayed for 3 weeks so if you don't remember the stuff that happened in JJK 0 and S1 highly suggest rewatching those. With the anime iirc ep 7 is where of the really important things for Shibuya arc start getting brought up.
It's actually funny because this one episode did a better job explaining current events in the final arc than what he's currently writing.

Agreed on it getting less attention than the battle focused episodes but having superior quality, especially with the divergent symbolism. Much more is implied and they did a great job conveying quite a few themes and now we head into an even higher gear.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
It may not get as much focus as the other episodes since no fights, but this episode showcases peak in JJK writing. The conversation between Yuki and Geto showcases what the limit Yuki an unconventional sorcerer is willing to go. Geto stuck between 2 paths just need to see humans in a disgusting grace one more time to make a clear decision, which is what presents him in JJK 0.

The contrast in Gojo and Geto is even more significant. Since at the beginning of this arc you could see that Gojo was the one who had a few screws loose. But after Riko died and Geto telling him there is no point in killing meaningless lives it put him on the path where we see him now in the present. Geto's path feels like the inverse that he started in this arc. The world that Geto wants seems impossible, but would be easily achievable with Gojo.

Also take a sec to acknowledge that in this episode it was mentioned Gojo is basically able to constantly use limitless by using reverse curse energy on his brain. (Which is freaky as hell) Also he is now able to switch between red and blue seamlessly. The fight against the madman Toji pushed Gojo to evolve and he did it at an insane rate.

Screen_Shot_2023-08-03_at_7.30.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-03_at_7.30.37_PM.png

Also anime is delayed for 3 weeks so if you don't remember the stuff that happened in JJK 0 and S1 highly suggest rewatching those. With the anime iirc ep 7 is where of the really important things for Shibuya arc start getting brought up.

Also adding on, from the previous episode... when Gojo was asking Geto about what was the point of it all:
  • Gojo, after Geto told him it was worthless to kill, he took his words immediately and said nothing more.
  • Geto on the other hand, his eyes were moving around, as he knew what he said, but his eyes were showing uncertainty.
Either way for a quick 5 episode backstory, this was pretty sad to see Geto turn out this way. Even after kill people, he and Shoko just had a decent chat, so Geto just makes for a interesting Villain in that he had a weird view on the world and Gojo showed legit emotion.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Series:

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
Samurai Champloo
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist
Kaguya Sama Love is War
Oregairu
Neon Genesis Evangelion
K-On
Monogatari

Seishun buta Yarou or Re:Zero

Individual Seasons:

Samurai Champloo
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
JoJo’s Bizzare Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Neon Genesis Evangelion
K-On! Season 2
Hunter X Hunter (2011)
Clannad: After Story
Monogatari Second Season

Kaguya Sama Love is War: Ultra Romantic, Demon Slayer: Entertainment District Arc, The Promised Neverland S1, Oregairu S2 or Re:Zero S1

Samurai Champloo
Special 7
Shippuden
Kenichi
AOT
Angel Cop (Only 6 episodes but I love this shyt)
Fullmetal Bro'hood
Dragonball
Bleach (Soul Society Arc)
OPM

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Coming out of the theater, just watched the Slam Dunk movie. This shyt a certified classic :ohlawd:

Inoue da gawd made the Sannoh Game justice and the animation was waaaay better than I expected. After reading the manga so many times, it was awesome to see a little different POV with Ryota being the main character.

Sakuragi still :mjlol: even though there were no chibi faces, was really impressed how Inoue pulled that off.

@42 Monks if you have the chance, go watch it in the theater. The GOAT be GOATing once again :blessed:

Last edited:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
@LordDeathwatch

I can’t believe I forgot to ask you this breh.

So before watching Bleach I thought Ichigo was gonna have different Hollow forms like Super Saiyan 1,2,3,4.

He did have transformers but I thought it was gonna be more like how Goku does it at will.

You think that shyt woulda been lit or wack?

:ohhh: :ohhh:

And I thought Ichigo would have different moves too, I’m kinda surprised that he doesn’t.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch

I can’t believe I forgot to ask you this breh.

So before watching Bleach I thought Ichigo was gonna have different Hollow forms like Super Saiyan 1,2,3,4.

He did have transformers but I thought it was gonna be more like how Goku does it at will.

You think that shyt woulda been lit or wack?

:ohhh: :ohhh:

And I thought Ichigo would have different moves too, I’m kinda surprised that he doesn’t.
Well it's never a truly conventional controlled state unless you're counting when he utilizes his Hollow mask but he did have different forms of Hollow. That one weird multi formed thing when he's in Kisuke's basement, when the Hollow is in control when he fought Byakuya, and then the rampaging Vasto Lorde when he fought Ulquiorra.

I'm kinda on the fence as far as the possibility of turning it into a regular transformation because it takes away from the fight. You would know ain't shyt happening if he's at like Level 2 the same way you just say back and yawned when Goku or Vegeta were struggling in base SSJ, it was just a matter of time. I would have liked for Kubo to actually flesh out the Vasto Lorde concept, he basically just introduced it as the highest Hollow form and then just left you to assume who qualifies without a concrete answer.

We're in agreement about Ichigo needing another attack though, I love it but everyone else has at least 3 or 4 moves. Even his fukking Hollow used the cloth to turn it into a swinging scythe attack, you can't be getting shown up by your alter ego. It's always going to come down to the Getsuga, just like Yusuke always relied on the Spirit Gun but even he mixed in a few other attacks, even if they were mostly trash.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Well it's never a truly conventional controlled state unless you're counting when he utilizes his Hollow mask but he did have different forms of Hollow. That one weird multi formed thing when he's in Kisuke's basement, when the Hollow is in control when he fought Byakuya, and then the rampaging Vasto Lorde when he fought Ulquiorra.

I'm kinda on the fence as far as the possibility of turning it into a regular transformation because it takes away from the fight. You would know ain't shyt happening if he's at like Level 2 the same way you just say back and yawned when Goku or Vegeta were struggling in base SSJ, it was just a matter of time. I would have liked for Kubo to actually flesh out the Vasto Lorde concept, he basically just introduced it as the highest Hollow form and then just left you to assume who qualifies without a concrete answer.

We're in agreement about Ichigo needing another attack though, I love it but everyone else has at least 3 or 4 moves. Even his fukking Hollow used the cloth to turn it into a swinging scythe attack, you can't be getting shown up by your alter ego. It's always going to come down to the Getsuga, just like Yusuke always relied on the Spirit Gun but even he mixed in a few other attacks, even if they were mostly trash.
And speaking of Bleach, the dub comes out on the 5th, we byke.

Vinland Sage dub byke too.

:blessed: :blessed: