xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
One Piece is beating Naruto pretty badly in a poll on TLR.

Might have to watch that first and what the hype is about.

:ohhh: :ohhh:
Hope you in it for the long haul cause if you trying to catch up there is 1000+ episodes.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Make sure to get a list of all the filler episodes you can skip, and be prepared to fast forward past the opening 5-10 minutes of episodes during the down seasons. It's not as daunting as it looks when you realize they were stretching the hell outta portions to not catch up to manga, and that you can skip all that stretching they did.

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps

unohana-unohana-retsu.gif

unohana-unohana-retsu.gif

unohana.gif

full

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

If you're going to do this, just know that you're not going to binge anything. This is a "watch a few episodes regularly" type of show that's going to take you like a year to catch up to. In addition the early animation and overall art style is terrible and the plot is ass for a while.

For reference, in the One Piece thread itself, a guy was starting it too and was told to stick with it until Marineford to decide if he likes it or not. Marineford is 400 episodes into the shyt. :deadrose:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

You can watch Naruto and Boruto…. And then watch all of Dragonball….. and you would finish that way before you finish One Piece and have a much more enjoyable ride:beli:

I’m probably being extreme….. but you get it

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@Black_Panther_JS

They going hard for Promo in Japan for OnK like SxF levels.

If you're going to do this, just know that you're not going to binge anything. This is a "watch a few episodes regularly" type of show that's going to take you like a year to catch up to. In addition the early animation and overall art style is terrible and the plot is ass for a while.

For reference, in the One Piece thread itself, a guy was starting it too and was told to stick with it until Marineford to decide if he likes it or not. Marineford is 400 episodes into the shyt. :deadrose:

Very rarely would I read a shounen when an anime is already out, but One Piece has so much fukking content

Put in perspective the manga has 105 volumes. Depending on how fast you read that is 2-4 months on average I would say to catchup.

While the anime has over 1000 episode. If you want to enjoy it at best a year.

But tbh I want to watch something other then one piece. Just watching that would burn me out real fast. 2 years is prob a better estimate since you mix in other good anime and other shows come out.

You can watch Naruto and Boruto…. And then watch all of Dragonball….. and you would finish that way before you finish One Piece and have a much more enjoyable ride:beli:

I’m probably being extreme….. but you get it
You could have mention any anime. Bleach, HxH, Gintama, etc. No way watching that trash Boruto can be enjoyable by an sane person's standard.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Watched first episode of Hell's Paradise. It was cool. It adapted what it needed to adapt. Could have been better, but nothing worth complaining about. Liked the voice acting for Gambiru, his wife and Sagiri.

OP is fukking fire tho.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Finally caught up with Demon Slayer
finished the Entertainment district and watched the first ep of the Swordsmith Village Arc

its a great Anime, the fights go on forever though, but those flashbacks :banderas:
Lord Tengen had that roster tho'

On episode 17 of Bungo Stray Dogs
Superior Anime. the way the plot is intricately layered is wild.
and the score is crazy.
episode for episode - so far - this may be the best anime I have ever seen

i may re watch Tokyo Ghoul as well - I think I tried to watch it and got into season 2 and quit
That was when I was in my too cool for Anime phase and wasn't really into it,
but a friend of mine was told me it was horror adjacent so i checked it out.
the movies were on the other day and took me back ( those movies are 🔥)

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Watched Dangers in My Heart and My Love Story with Yamada-Kun at Lv 999 both romance anime.

Dangers in my Heart first volume of content is very just ok. But I thought they handled that great. Ichi's monolouges were better then I remembered and definitely enhanced by this epiosde. Yamada has that charm that I think anime fans will love. I say around ep 3 or 4 is when things will really come together. So if you are a rom-com fan give it 3-4 episodes.

As far as Yamada-kun (different show). It is definitely a Shoujo rom-com. The male Yamada leaves a great first impression. He brings out the super awkward introvolt gamer very very well and was hilarious in the episode. Akane has a cute side tho too much pity in this episode for my tastes. But the comedy in this at least looks very promising.

Heavenly Delusions and hell's paradise have nice first eps :whoo:

Man Heavenly Delusion ep 1 was fukking amazing :wow: I knew this would be a sleeper hit, but this shyt has AOTS potential. That action scene was very well animated. Reactions to next episode will great.

Seems like Hulu is having weird problems uploading the episode. Supposedly starting next week it will be consistent with the uploads.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

if you watch One Piece and reach Arlong Park and aren’t moved it’s just not for you.