The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, on the first season but don't know what year they started.

I haven't seen Yu Yu Hakusho so is Yu Yu Hakusho good as Hunter x Hunter?

yes man YYH is piff. at peak they're about equal (Dark Tournament compared Yorknew City arc). i think YYH has a higher level of consistency because its a lot more strraightforward battle shonen. HXH is basically Togashi playing around with a different shonen trope every arc.

imo YYH has the best main cast of any shonen. they all stay useful throughout the entire show and none of them end up on some super jesus level shyt by the end (like Goku or Naruto/Sasuke)

the Dark Tournament arc is the best tournament arc around
and the Chapter Black saga is basically the foundation for a lot of the HxH nen abilities

watch the YYH dub cause the shyttalking comes across much better and all the castings are great.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Your rep was -510.

Now, it's -520.

:steviej:

On some real shyt, I would catch Bebop on Toonami/Adult Swim all the time but would never "get it", like I catch some action scenes but it seems like from episode to episode I was always lost. Does it have a comprehensive storyline or does just random unrelated things happen from episode to episode :dwillhuh:

Honest question, I want to be a fan :lupe:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes man YYH is piff. at peak they're about equal (Dark Tournament compared Yorknew City arc). i think YYH has a higher level of consistency because its a lot more strraightforward battle shonen. HXH is basically Togashi playing around with a different shonen trope every arc.

imo YYH has the best main cast of any shonen. they all stay useful throughout the entire show and none of them end up on some super jesus level shyt by the end (like Goku or Naruto/Sasuke)

the Dark Tournament arc is the best tournament arc around
and the Chapter Black saga is basically the foundation for a lot of the HxH nen abilities

watch the YYH dub cause the shyttalking comes across much better and all the castings are great.

Why isn't YYH on Crunchyroll since they got HxH on Crunchyroll :patrice:?

Most of the time, but not always.

For example, I actually prefer the dub of Cowboy Bebop. And even the director himself says he thought the dub voices were better than in Japanese. But I do admit that 90% of the time subs are better.

@The Villain

I prefer subbed anime. I just feel that since the Japanese are the ones that create anime, the native speakers are better. I feel a lot of emotion from the Japanese voices rather than the dubbed. Plus sometimes the dub voices sound like they're trying too hard or just sound plain bad and I always cringed when come to dubbed.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
On some real shyt, I would catch Bebop on Toonami/Adult Swim all the time but would never "get it", like I catch some action scenes but it seems like from episode to episode I was always lost. Does it have a comprehensive storyline or does just random unrelated things happen from episode to episode :dwillhuh:

Honest question, I want to be a fan :lupe:

It's some of both.

I mean the series is episodic so most of the plots are self-contained but there are ongoing plotlines (for example Spike's past and mafia ties, Faye's amnesia, etc). And some of the later episodes follow-up from things that happened earlier in the show. But it's not like DBZ where every episode continues exactly where the last one left off.

But basically the plot is about a group of bounty hunters (in the year 2071) and the "Bebop" is the name of the spaceship they live on. A lot of the episodes are just them trying to catch somebody that has a bounty of their head so they can turn him/her in and get the reward money.

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Why isn't YYH on Crunchyroll since they got HxH on Crunchyroll :patrice:?

@The Villain

I prefer subbed anime. I just feel that since the Japanese are the ones that create anime, the native speakers are better. I feel a lot of emotion from the Japanese voices rather than the dubbed. Plus sometimes the dub voices sound like they're trying too hard or just sound plain bad and I always cringed when come to dubbed.

it's probably a licensing thing. i don't think YYH is on any official streaming services so you'll have to look to kissanime or something like that.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Many of these shows have spineless male leads. Blame Evangelion.

After Finding out that the director was fighting through depression, sht made a lot of sense. Asuka's disappointment with Shijin's character was :mjlol: Even in the end when she had to be eve to his adam, she said she'd rather die.
Yeah, on the first season but don't know what year they started.

I haven't seen Yu Yu Hakusho so is Yu Yu Hakusho good as Hunter x Hunter?
Yu Yu is great but I dont think its as great as HxH.

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After Finding out that the director was fighting through depression, sht made a lot of sense. Asuka's disappoint with Shijin's character was :mjlol: Even in the end when she had to be eve to his adam, she said she'd rather die.

@winb83

Question about End of Evangelion? Is that a movie or series?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
After Finding out that the director was fighting through depression, sht made a lot of sense. Asuka's disappointment with Shijin's character was :mjlol: Even in the end when she had to be eve to his adam, she said she'd rather die.

Her final line at the end of the movies was about how much Shinji disgusted her.
@winb83

Question about End of Evangelion? Is that a movie or series?
It was the cannon ending of the series but they rebooted the series with the new movies so the 4th movie whenever it comes out will be the ending. Originally they messed up the budget so the tv show had a weird ending then they redid it with End of Evangelion.

REKT

Pro
Daps
Has anyone heard about the show Tokyo Tribe 2? I haven't watched it yet, but the show seems pretty interesting with it being based off of hip hop.