LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Anyone else feel like season 2 of Rising of Shield Hero been mid?
From the animation to the execution. Even this episodes fight was blah

Same here an I enjoyed season 1, but this season just not hitting.

Show feels like it lost its soul somehow, like I don't care about what's going on or something.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Same here an I enjoyed season 1, but this season just not hitting.

Show feels like it lost its soul somehow, like I don't care about what's going on or something.

Pacing is the main thing here. Like where S1 ended to where they are so far it is like uh can we slow it down a bit. When an anime only watcher feels like the pacing is going way too fast you know we got a problem.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
nwiyEVR.png

lugM8nV.png

PCtoqpR.png

ba1s85h.png

76QX72X.png

zZivqW9.png

ffLOYNF.png

Gu6Ae5P.png

b55f4e4059b8b9cfa7244875ca737459bab6c6f8.gifv

Anya's expressions are so funny.

RDT_20220424_2137527772442435531516716.jpg

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Pacing is the main thing here. Like where S1 ended to where they are so far it is like uh can we slow it down a bit. When an anime only watcher feels like the pacing is going way too fast you know we got a problem.

Its not really the pacing for me tho. The 3 episodes did their thing with the action n story so far. I guess my two biggest gripes are.....

I feel like the whole spirit turtle shyt is similar to a Savage Sword of Conan comic book from the 80's where they plot was damn near the same. Only difference was the giant turtle was actually mechanical and held a whole city inside it who's citizens didn't even know they were inside the shyt. The giant turtle basically traveled and stomped over everything sucking up resources from the outside world. Seeing the anime version of this is just ok to me.

I also think that season one was so endearing because nikkas really fukked with the Shield hero's plight. You wanted to see him win after going through so much fukk shyt. Fast forward to now and he's that guy and no longer has to deal with a lot of the shyt that made you root for him last season.

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Its not really the pacing for me tho. The 3 episodes did their thing with the action n story so far. I guess my two biggest gripes are.....

I feel like the whole spirit turtle shyt is similar to a Savage Sword of Conan comic book from the 80's where they plot was damn near the same. Only difference was the giant turtle was actually mechanical and held a whole city inside it who's citizens didn't even know they were inside the shyt. The giant turtle basically traveled and stomped over everything sucking up resources from the outside world. Seeing the anime version of this is just ok to me.

I also think that season one was so endearing because nikkas really fukked with the Shield hero's plight. You wanted to see him win after going through so much fukk shyt. Fast forward to now and he's that guy and no longer has to deal with a lot of the shyt that made you root for him last season.

I'd agree with that, the show lost its unique trait. Naofumi went from feeling like an anti-hero of sorts that you would root for to your typical likeable isekai protagonist now.

The main thing I heard is that Naofumi is still not likeable and comes off as an a$$hole in the novels due to internal monolouges . Not having those kind of creates the problem stated above. Clearly this is an adaptation issue. Also, mediocre world building doesn't help matters here.

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
One Piece #1015 was definitely one of the best episodes in anime I’ve seen in a long time :whew:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

is he already fighting the turtle?

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Nothing dark and piff out this season but the dark series you should def check out are:
  1. Fantastic Children (most underrated series)
  2. Aoi Bungaku
  3. Megalo box nomad (2021)
  4. Speed Grapher (deals with a lot of illuminati shyt)
  5. ID: INVADED(2020)
  6. Gungrave
  7. Texhnolyze (an acquired taste...series will leave you depressed)

school days :mjgrin:

watch Todomachi Game aka Friends Game

its the only thing currently running that has that dark vibe you seeking.
many thanks. ive heard of/seen some of thosee but added some others to my crunchyroll. im watching todomachi now :blessed: