Consumed

Superstar
Daps
:rudy: there were full on plot threads that didn't get any resolution and they could have used a little more background music to spice up some of the scenes. Todo and the other first years were only in the movie briefly

well it is a prologue to the main story. Not intended to resolve plot threads cuz they’re still ongoing.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I was very luckwarm about this 2nd cour of 86 but this last episode was supremely well done, my favorite of this 2nd half.

This Biske Doll show is actually the best SOL shyt I've seen in a long time. Can't recall the last time I saw the cliche "perfect girl" character done this well. It also helps the MC is actually worth a damn and not a nerd incel with no redeeming qualities. You can actually buy this dude getting the girl to fall in love with him. The whole teenage sexual tension is :mjlol: we've all been there. I can only imagine the discussions hardcore fans are having about this last episode :russ:

It's not as great as the first half of Hiromiya but Biske Doll didn't fall of a cliff in it's second half of the season and remained compelling to watch.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Just finished watching JJK0

Man Mappa did that:wow:

And those close up face shots from Yuta was fire.

Whole time I was watching it I was like man the Shibuya arc gonna be life changing when we get to that shyt. :damn:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
I meant plot threads in the same damn movie

that continue into the main series. It's all connected.

Imo, the greater purpose of the film was to establish one of the strongest characters in the series (maybe the most important in the manga atm) as well as his classmates. To give a perspective on how strong curses come into fruition, binding vows and how someone can use that power for good. To offer a parallel for what Yuji later goes through, and perhaps just as important as anything to show the relation between Gojo & Geto.

I didn't notice any plot threads that were left hanging as a fault of the writing. Because a great thing about JJK (to me) is how it juggles all of these developing stories at once. I mean I can name like 30 things I'm wondering about in the manga right now that I don't have answers to.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
that continue into the main series. It's all connected.

Imo, the greater purpose of the film was to establish one of the strongest characters in the series (maybe the most important in the manga atm) as well as his classmates. To give a perspective on how strong curses come into fruition, binding vows and how someone can use that power for good. To offer a parallel for what Yuji later goes through, and perhaps just as important as anything to show the relation between Gojo & Geto.

I didn't notice any plot threads that were left hanging as a fault of the writing. Because a great thing about JJK (to me) is how it juggles all of these developing stories at once. I mean I can name like 30 things I'm wondering about in the manga right now that I don't have answers to.
Thanks for the insight, but I was under the impression that this could have been a self-contained story arc. So I was expecting a movie that didn't require any prior knowledge of fhe key characters and the dynamics between them.

And by resolutions I mean the fight between Gojo and the JuJutsu user with the cursed ropes just come to any proper conclusion.

Suguru Geto's pupils / associates had barely any motivations and felt like fodder. shyt even his own motivations weren't fully fleshed out. I'm sure the movie will have more meaning in the context of upcoming episodes but I thought it was just going to be a primer. I was curious to how Megumi got those wolves and why he transitioned from the boy he's portrayed as in the movie to the emotionally detached person he is in the show

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
I quit watching Platnium Ending after Metroman died, feels like IT; great first half, bad second half.
Bisco anime is solid. Dress Up Darling is the Anime of the Season it feels like.

Also I guess Netflix doing a TEKKEN Anime based on the events of the 3rd Game.

Interesting that Leroy Smith is in this, imagine there’s time jumps.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Thanks for the insight, but I was under the impression that this could have been a self-contained story arc. So I was expecting a movie that didn't require any prior knowledge of fhe key characters and the dynamics between them.

And by resolutions I mean the fight between Gojo and the JuJutsu user with the cursed ropes just come to any proper conclusion.

Suguru Geto's pupils / associates had barely any motivations and felt like fodder. shyt even his own motivations weren't fully fleshed out. I'm sure the movie will have more meaning in the context of upcoming episodes but I thought it was just going to be a primer. I was curious to how Megumi got those wolves and why he transitioned from the boy he's portrayed as in the movie to the emotionally detached person he is in the show

Well Megumi and Yuta are different characters. I thought the two girls did have their motivations explained - they're the most relevant of all his pupils really, and Geto as well but maybe one has to watch the film again to fully understand why he turned against the sorcerers. There's also more detail about Geto (and Gojo) in the upcoming anime season that the film hints at with a couple of flashback frames. The cursed rope user you mentioned also is mentioned later.

The film can be watched without prior knowledge of JJK. But its certainly not intended to be viewed by itself without continuing watching the rest as several things just don't make sense yet much like any other opening shounen arc. So if that was your perspective going in then I get your response.