Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Yooooo this another one of those dope shows that nobody talks about especially since it had such a dope main female character. Like Claymore gets mentioned more in that aspect.

I know some might say it doesn't have enough action, but I thought they did it in a way where the fights still felt significant with the pacing.

definitely a hidden gem, but it might not be for everyone.

I think thats why I didn't like it at the time. Was different from all the shounen I was watching like FMA, Bleach, Naruto etc with superpower teenagers.

Now I can appreciate how thorough the story is and when there is action, its really well done. Balsa is great

1a6d3d10b0b15e3233dd5652c11e625314184930.gifv

6907c56234245a7aebfcf74fe2445bc0e98f0e9a.gifv

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
Finished the Mushoku Tensei OVA. Watching Eris kill those assassins felt cathartic, because she's been training to navigate a situation like that since the age of seven. You watch her go from being unable to defend herself at all in early S1 to this at fourteen (?)

2b215b840cac0d95271c5e2ac110a46328ad8f2b.gifv

what the ova doesn't mention that these are her first kills, and the first time she's fought without one of Ruijerd, Ghyslaine, Rudeus around to cover her. First real taste of independence as an adventure.

Cliff's introduction was okay. Thought the WN did more to establish what is a recurring character with some key roles down the line. Didn't like him at the start (no one does), but he sure does grows on me in the next arc along with three others.
Her progression through the story :wow:

if they stay faithful to ALL the source material, this will no doubt top peoples favorite animes of all time

Bucciarati Joestar

Honorary Joestar
Daps
Reppin
M O R I O H @ Tdot.
Give me a breh to breh synopsis for 12 Kingdoms.

Its basically Inuyasha meets The Lord of the Rings. A highschool school girl and her two friends suddenly get whisked away to a new world where they are treated as fugitives. The MC and her friends travel to each of the 12 kingdoms to seek out answers.

The story is more psychological and political than action...each of the 12 kingdom has its own king/queen, culture and politics..there's just so much details to understand like how does the king and queen get selected by the heavens or how does god/religion play into the world.:dwillhuh:.The story revolves around Chinese mythology.

My favorite thing about the show is the depth of its world building, character development and the multiple POV. I didn't realize it but apparently the series was cut short...you have to read the light novel for the complete story.

221606.jpg

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I think thats why I didn't like it at the time. Was different from all the shounen I was watching like FMA, Bleach, Naruto etc with superpower teenagers.

Now I can appreciate how thorough the story is and when there is action, its really well done. Balsa is great

1a6d3d10b0b15e3233dd5652c11e625314184930.gifv

6907c56234245a7aebfcf74fe2445bc0e98f0e9a.gifv

I feel you. Sometimes certain shyt just flies under the radar because other shyt catches your eye more.

I love all types of types of action and violence, but really enjoy the anime with the more realistic fighting so anything that did that decently would catch my eye. Only reason I caught this years ago. That and the opening which is fire. That's why I fukks with Shenmue because in this era its rare to get anime where the fighting is on some semi realistic shyt. Hell even Tokyo Revengers had that going for it.

Almost everything else is nikkas casting spells, doing power ups, and all types of shyt now non stop. Hardly any real technique :mjcry:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
I feel you. Sometimes certain shyt just flies under the radar because other shyt catches your eye more.

I love all types of types of action and violence, but really enjoy the anime with the more realistic fighting so anything that did that decently would catch my eye. Only reason I caught this years ago. That and the opening which is fire. That's why I fukks with Shenmue because in this era its rare to get anime where the fighting is on some semi realistic shyt. Hell even Tokyo Revengers had that going for it.

Almost everything else is nikkas casting spells, doing power ups, and all types of shyt now non stop. Hardly any real technique :mjcry:

that reminds me, we need Ippo back ASAP. Its been eight years since the last season:mjcry:

I'll check out Shenmue later forgot about that.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Its basically Inuyasha meets The Lord of the Rings. A highschool school girl and her two friends suddenly get whisked away to a new world where they are treated as fugitives. The MC and her friends travel to each of the 12 kingdoms to seek out answers.

The story is more psychological and political than action...each of the 12 kingdom has its own king/queen, culture and politics..there's just so much details to understand like how does the king and queen get selected by the heavens or how does god/religion play into the world.:dwillhuh:.The story revolves around Chinese mythology.

My favorite thing about the show is the depth of its world building, character development and the multiple POV. I didn't realize it but apparently the series was cut short...you have to read the light novel for the complete story.

221606.jpg
Repped, might actually add this to the queue.:ehh:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
that reminds me, we need Ippo back ASAP. Its been eight years since the last season:mjcry:

I'll check out Shenmue later forgot about that.

man they got so much damn material to use it’s ridiculous it’s over 1100 chapters
And it’s still damn good too but we curious what’s gonna happen in the future tho with ippo