It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
I decided to finally check out stone ocean. I already read 99% of it before the anime was even announced which is why I was slacking on it but I figured why not.

Why is Romeo looking like a dollar store Giorno Giovanna? Breh really shameless stole his whole swag to bag a Joestar. Just look at this Mr. me too MF

Romeo_Infobox_Anime.png

675f34b5fd6bcdf14e93f507e76e6ec4.jpg

Cosplay the previous protagonist brehs :comeon:

This is the first part I decided to try completely dubbed too since I watched parts 1-5 subbed. The voices sound solid :leon: They really do add to the crazy factor, while reading it made it seem more spooky. It really makes you feel like Jolyne is in a looneybin or a gotham prison more than anything. It was strange to hear Jotaro speaking English. Although the voice for Jotaro does seem very similar, after 3 seasons, I'm used to him speaking Japanese at this point. I give Stone Ocean dub a pass although I think earlier seasons are better subbed due to all the fukkery that couldn't translate well into dub.

They handled the Johngalli A section very well considering how trippy it was in the manga. This flowed wayyy better than the mindfukk section of Part 5 with Diavolo.

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
hold on are yall nikkas talking about the anime where the dude gotta kill monsters to get back his body parts that his dad sold to demons when he was born?
Yes

I lasted 4 episodes and dropped it. Animation and setting was dope, story and execution was :unimpressed:

I don’t mind a story that takes a wild to get there as long as it does so I’ll venture into the rest of the season and let you know if it’s worth picking back up :mjgrin:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Man this switch to Crunchyroll has been ass, I don't like this app interface at all. On top of that, they don't have the One Piece dub at all, so I've got to hang onto my Funimation subscription for my girls. If I wasn't on a 60 day free trial, I'd probably cancel this shyt.

Trash.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yes

I don’t mind a story that takes a wild to get there as long as it does so I’ll venture into the rest of the season and let you know if it’s worth picking back up :mjgrin:

Got damn, I thought that anime was fire. The fights and violence was lit. Depressing as fukk though, but still fire. but :hubie:

I just had to ask cuz the way ya'll were talking about it, I thought it was something else that was really trash.

Carry on. :salute:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Got damn, I thought that anime was fire. The fights and violence was lit. Depressing as fukk though, but still fire. but :hubie:

I just had to ask cuz the way ya'll were talking about it, I thought it was something else that was really trash.

Carry on. :salute:

Didn't say it was trash. It just didn't grab me. Dope animation can carry a show for a while but it ain't gonna keep me interested for that long if the story is meh. The companion the MC had was annoying as shyt so that didn't help either :pachaha:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Didn't say it was trash. It just didn't grab me. Dope animation can carry a show for a while but it ain't gonna keep me interested for that long if the story is meh. The companion the MC had was annoying as shyt so that didn't help either :pachaha:

You didn't say the word trash, but the implication is there if you dropped it after 4 episodes. :mjlol:

but I feel you. Better to drop something you aint feeling early than to keep hoping it gets better. That's how I got stuck with Sonny Boy. :snoop:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
You didn't say the word trash, but the implication is there if you dropped it after 4 episodes. :mjlol:

but I feel you. Better to drop something you aint feeling early than to keep hoping it gets better. That's how I got stuck with Sonny Boy. :snoop:

That’s a great example. I stuck with Sonny Boy because I was watching weekly, it's much easier to grind it out when you have 7 days to decompress and read, watch and do other stuff.

When it's a binge watch, it's much harder. Specially when you see the ep. count and you realize you are not even half way there. With Sonny Boy I would've probably dropped if I decides to binge the whole thing from ep 1.

That doesn't mean it's trash though. To me, trash is something I can't fathom even other people liking. There's plenty of stuff it doesn't grab me but I can see others loving.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
That’s a great example. I stuck with Sonny Boy because I was watching weekly, it's much easier to grind it out when you have 7 days to decompress and read, watch and do other stuff.

When it's a binge watch, it's much harder. Specially when you see the ep. count and you realize you are not even half way there. With Sonny Boy I would've probably dropped if I decides to binge the whole thing from ep 1.

That doesn't mean it's trash though. To me, trash is something I can't fathom even other people liking. There's plenty of stuff it doesn't grab me but I can see others loving.

True I feel you on that. Certain shyt is better weekly than binged. Cowboy Bebop was that way for me.

Dororo is definitely better than Sonny Boy though and I watched both weekly when they came out.
One made me look forward to it like this :gladbron:

The other made me feel like that shyt was a weekly chore on some :why:

The 2nd half of Dororo goes harder than the first half while Sonny Boy just gets more weirder and :russell: as it goes on.
Yeah I would have definitely dropped Sonny Boy if I tried to binge that. Prolly would have bushed it after the monkey baseball. :mjlol: