Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
WN, LN or manga?

The Light Novel is the most complete source material but the manga is actually very faithful to it. The only problem is that it goes at a snail's pace (it hasn't even finished the arc that should be the anime's season 2). I actually went to the manga and then the light novel and I didn't feel the need to go back and read from the start.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
WN, LN or manga?

One benefit of the WN is that it's fully translated whereas the LN English release is close to the halfway point. So if you want to binge it then the WN is a good option to take.

The WN is a "rough draft" but as someone who has only read that version I honestly don't feel like I"m missing a ton. And the story elements are so good that I plan to buy the LN physical releases and re-read it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm getting to this point. This season I'm only watching 3 shows and none every week.

Last season I think I watched one show.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
I'm getting to this point. This season I'm only watching 3 shows and none every week.

Last season I think I watched one show.
Winb not even watching shows in winb season? How did it get to this :picard:

I agree that anime that only has anime as an inspiration is a problem though. IMO there's a lot out there these days that watching all the good stuff you missed wayy back and keeping up with present piff is hard. A lot of the anime in here I watch 1-2 seasons late because I just couldn't keep up :flabbynsick: Although it is fun when we are all on the same page with choosing a show and being up to date and discussing the newest plot points

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Winb not even watching shows in winb season? How did it get to this :picard:

I agree that anime that only has anime as an inspiration is a problem though. IMO there's a lot out there these days that watching all the good stuff you missed wayy back and keeping up with present piff is hard. A lot of the anime in here I watch 1-2 seasons late because I just couldn't keep up :flabbynsick: Although it is fun when we are all on the same page with choosing a show and being up to date and discussing the newest plot points
Also, Light Novel adaptations do feel underwhelming most of the time. Obviously, this year 86 and MT being exceptions. Manga adaptations are much more consistent.

To me, there are a bunch of seasonals that are fun to watch when they airing. But would never recommend it after the fact.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
One benefit of the WN is that it's fully translated whereas the LN English release is close to the halfway point. So if you want to binge it then the WN is a good option to take.

The WN is a "rough draft" but as someone who has only read that version I honestly don't feel like I'm missing a ton. And the story elements are so good that I plan to buy the LN physical releases and re-read it.

You probably aren't missing much, If I’m not mistaken the Web Novel and Light Novel for Mushoku Tensei hardly differ.

I know the Light Novel adds side stories and expands on some things but besides that I think it's pretty much the same story.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:russell:

Watching more than 3 shows shouldn't be the norm anyway.
There's more than the number of shows I'm watching that's actually worth it I just got kinda burned out on anime so I've been more into video games and reading books lately.

There's stuff I plan to watch like Komi Can`t Communicate that I haven't started yet.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
There's more than the number of shows I'm watching that's actually worth it I just got kinda burned out on anime so I've been more into video games and reading books lately.

There's stuff I plan to watch like Komi Can`t Communicate that I haven't started yet.

The :russell: was aimed more to the guys in the video. Of course they'll get burned out and find most anime mediocre, repetitive and/or predictable when they watch so much of them for a sustained period of time AND make online content of it every week or month.

Having 2 or 3 shows of really good quality every 3 months is hard for any medium, burnout is unavoidable if you consume so much of it. Specially in a time were isekai are so damn prominent.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The :russell: was aimed more to the guys in the video. Of course they'll get burned out and find most anime mediocre, repetitive and/or predictable when they watch so much of them for a sustained period of time AND make online content of it every week or month.

Having 2 or 3 shows of really good quality every 3 months is hard for any medium, burnout is unavoidable if you consume so much of it. Specially in a time were isekai are so damn prominent.
I don't think I could watch anime as a job like a YouTuber. I go through phases with media. I could go several months not watching any anime then marathon a series in a few days. I think being obligated to watch would be dreadful.

Part of my beef with anime is a series is often a bridge to nowhere because you get a fraction of story from some other source material and then you're on your own. These days anime gets picked up well before the source material in English so you can't even read the source officially.