Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Re-watched Rebuild of EVA 1.0 and I have to to say, this movie is more bleak than I remembered the Rebuild series being :picard: I thought rebuild was supposed to be a more idealized version that ends up going astray near the end but even the early movies had brehs going through the motions
Before I thought shinji was just being difficult at the beginning and only really was going through stuff later on when watching the TV series, but I actually feel for Shinji the whole time this viewing

slap-%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%8A.gif

He gets scooped by Misato as an order from his dad (only parent, one he hasn't seen in a long time) and damn near immediately gets tossed in a giant killing machine. He's like "wtf I cant pilot this :what: I don't even know what this thing is or what I'm fighting. I just got here to see my dad" which is a fair point. Gendo Ikari approaches him saying "get in there or get out :camby:" and storms off

They guilt trip him into piloting the EVA. The EVA enters berserk mode while hes inside, and he kills the angel which floods the city with blood.
Misato tells him "yea that was tough but you'll be congratulated by everyone"
He gets his ass beat the next morning:dead: and told that he's a trash pilot even though he had no intention of becoming one and no training.

He's forced to pilot the EVA several more times versus violent angels, giving him intense psychological as well as physical damage. After one fight where he LOST and damn near got his head caved in, he wakes up in a hospital and Rei is there waiting like :unimpressed: and tells him to eat, suit up, and run it back.

His pops is only "friendly" with Rei and not Shinji even though Shinji is fighting for him and keeps trying to bush Shinji for Rei at every given opportunity. The only time he didn't want to swap the 2 was when he was worried that the angel might break the EVA if Shinji was ejected to safety since he needs to be inside for its shield to work.
They also tell Shinji that if you lose the fights or miss a single shot on the angels, humankind as a whole could end :merchant: so he has that level of pressure on him for something he's been doing a couple days maximum

It would be highkey shytty to be in Shinji's position

Rep for creating Eva dialogue :blessed::salute: GOAT anime

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
So the poster has been getting to me, but I decided to watch The aquatope on white sand, basically the gist to start it, is this:

Synopsis from MyAnimeList
After leaving her idol career behind, Fuuka Miyazawa finds herself on a spontaneous flight to Okinawa instead of returning home to her pity party in Morioka. Bearing a heavy heart and nowhere to go, she aimlessly wanders around the area until she stumbles upon Gama Gama Aquarium—an aging aquarium on the verge of closing down.

With a lack of visitors and costly but necessary repairs needed to keep its doors open, the director is faced with shutting down the establishment for good by the end of the summer. The director's aquatic life-loving granddaughter—Kukuru Misakino—cannot stand the thought of the aquarium closing and is determined to make enough money by the end of the season to keep the doors open.

Seeing the unique magic of the aquarium, Fuuka begs Kukuru for a job; however, she soon finds that her lack of experience makes her more of a hindrance than anything else. At the same time, Kukuru realizes that her ambitious goal might be more than she can handle. With mounting pressure from all around them, will Kukuru and Fuuka be able to save the one place they hold close to their hearts?

Basically the mystical stuff happens like every 4 episodes, but its not a bad slice of life at all. Won't be for everyone for sure, but its a nice relaxing anime to watch.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Classroom of the Elite is a great example, I just started reading it not that long ago. They made Ayanokoji seem like a manipulative sociopath in the anime when in the LN he seems way more human

I can understand a studio having to cut certain things to make it fit in anime form but straight up changing events, the personality of characters, etc… is trash and disrespectful to the author too

Loved Classroom of the Elite but I'm not reading no light novel. They got a manga? :unimpressed:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Re-watched Rebuild of EVA 1.0 and I have to to say, this movie is more bleak than I remembered the Rebuild series being :picard: I thought rebuild was supposed to be a more idealized version that ends up going astray near the end but even the early movies had brehs going through the motions
Before I thought shinji was just being difficult at the beginning and only really was going through stuff later on when watching the TV series, but I actually feel for Shinji the whole time this viewing

slap-%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%8A.gif

He gets scooped by Misato as an order from his dad (only parent, one he hasn't seen in a long time) and damn near immediately gets tossed in a giant killing machine. He's like "wtf I cant pilot this :what: I don't even know what this thing is or what I'm fighting. I just got here to see my dad" which is a fair point. Gendo Ikari approaches him saying "get in there or get out :camby:" and storms off

They guilt trip him into piloting the EVA. The EVA enters berserk mode while hes inside, and he kills the angel which floods the city with blood.
Misato tells him "yea that was tough but you'll be congratulated by everyone"
He gets his ass beat the next morning:dead: and told that he's a trash pilot even though he had no intention of becoming one and no training.

He's forced to pilot the EVA several more times versus violent angels, giving him intense psychological as well as physical damage. After one fight where he LOST and damn near got his head caved in, he wakes up in a hospital and Rei is there waiting like :unimpressed: and tells him to eat, suit up, and run it back.

His pops is only "friendly" with Rei and not Shinji even though Shinji is fighting for him and keeps trying to bush Shinji for Rei at every given opportunity. The only time he didn't want to swap the 2 was when he was worried that the angel might break the EVA if Shinji was ejected to safety since he needs to be inside for its shield to work.
They also tell Shinji that if you lose the fights or miss a single shot on the angels, humankind as a whole could end :merchant: so he has that level of pressure on him for something he's been doing a couple days maximum

It would be highkey shytty to be in Shinji's position

Should I watch the classic dub for the original series and EoE? Or just do sub only since the rebuilds are in Japanese?

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub

so we either gonna tv version of mugen train then the entertainment district arc like the rumors said
Or unexpectedly we gonna get the next arc but just small piece of it with a cliff hanger then s3 will finish that arc whenever that comes on

Also

Berserk Manga's 1st Volume in 3 Years Ships on December 24

Man I really hope they jump right into the arc, I don't want to see episode versions of the movie. I think the movie was popular enough and seen by enough people worldwide that they on forgo that route.

This aint Toei and Super

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
For your eternity really sat there and made me cry evrery other 3 episodes :mjcry:

shyt was masterfully done.

Kingdom came out again with another fire episode. Its a shame this shiw so slept on here. If you havrnt picked it up yet I suggest waiting till season end and binge. Every week feels like an eternity for the next episode to come out:wow:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man I hope something eventful comes from the conversation in Slime the next 2 weeks:russ:

I’m ready to see him get into some action again also I hope Slimes analyzers recognizes that that necklace is controlling ol girl.

Like everyone in that room knows something is odd but can’t put they finger on it or don’t care enough to find out.