It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Re-watched Rebuild of EVA 1.0 and I have to to say, this movie is more bleak than I remembered the Rebuild series being :picard: I thought rebuild was supposed to be a more idealized version that ends up going astray near the end but even the early movies had brehs going through the motions
Before I thought shinji was just being difficult at the beginning and only really was going through stuff later on when watching the TV series, but I actually feel for Shinji the whole time this viewing

slap-%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%8A.gif

He gets scooped by Misato as an order from his dad (only parent, one he hasn't seen in a long time) and damn near immediately gets tossed in a giant killing machine. He's like "wtf I cant pilot this :what: I don't even know what this thing is or what I'm fighting. I just got here to see my dad" which is a fair point. Gendo Ikari approaches him saying "get in there or get out :camby:" and storms off

They guilt trip him into piloting the EVA. The EVA enters berserk mode while hes inside, and he kills the angel which floods the city with blood.
Misato tells him "yea that was tough but you'll be congratulated by everyone"
He gets his ass beat the next morning:dead: and told that he's a trash pilot even though he had no intention of becoming one and no training.

He's forced to pilot the EVA several more times versus violent angels, giving him intense psychological as well as physical damage. After one fight where he LOST and damn near got his head caved in, he wakes up in a hospital and Rei is there waiting like :unimpressed: and tells him to eat, suit up, and run it back.

His pops is only "friendly" with Rei and not Shinji even though Shinji is fighting for him and keeps trying to bush Shinji for Rei at every given opportunity. The only time he didn't want to swap the 2 was when he was worried that the angel might break the EVA if Shinji was ejected to safety since he needs to be inside for its shield to work.
They also tell Shinji that if you lose the fights or miss a single shot on the angels, humankind as a whole could end :merchant: so he has that level of pressure on him for something he's been doing a couple days maximum

It would be highkey shytty to be in Shinji's position

peppe

Superstar
Daps
Classroom of the Elite is a great example, I just started reading it not that long ago. They made Ayanokoji seem like a manipulative sociopath in the anime when in the LN he seems way more human

I can understand a studio having to cut certain things to make it fit in anime form but straight up changing events, the personality of characters, etc… is trash and disrespectful to the author too

thats what we have to endure :mjcry:
Some animes are unbearable to watch like arifureta, like the amount of shyt they changed from the LN was damn near criminal :francis:

thats why “slime” is so enjoyable to watch its staying close to the LN as much as it can.

i have been reading seirei gensouki since LN1 and for now they were pretty good at keeping it close to the source material but the last episode :francis:
I knew they were going to rush things with only 2 episodes left. They basically want to get another book in, in 2 episodes :francis:

Its the price we pay for being #readgang :mjcry:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
thats what we have to endure :mjcry:
Some animes are unbearable to watch like arifureta, like the amount of shyt they changed from the LN was damn near criminal :francis:

thats why “slime” is so enjoyable to watch its staying close to the LN as much as it can.

i have been reading seirei gensouki since LN1 and for now they were pretty good at keeping it close to the source material but the last episode :francis:
I knew they were going to rush things with only 2 episodes left. They basically want to get another book in, in 2 episodes :francis:

Its the price we pay for being #readgang :mjcry:

my lord did they butcher arifureta to kingdom come :snoop:
But the new trend maybe to adapt novels as much as possible and just do 1 or 2 vols per season cuz 86 did a remarkable job of it and it worked very well
Only issue is when they wanna change shyt that doesn’t even happen in the damn source material

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Shinji is a character that you need to be an Adult to love. As a Teen its easy to dismiss him as the weakest character, but really when you age, and go through through life, Shinji's role is becomes clear and you get the full scope of his trauma/parental abandonment.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Shinji is a character that you need to be an Adult to love. As a Teen its easy to dismiss him as the weakest character, but really when you age, and go through through life, Shinji's role is becomes clear and you get the full scope of his trauma/parental abandonment.

Yeah, the anime's ending gets better too with age (and EoE to understand it better)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
i don't think i felt bad for shinji until he legit tore that other kid apart and crushed their pod after the suit got infected :huhldup:

no time off. get back to work. you want humanity to be destroyed? get back to work :camby:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
yeah, found the OG version. forgot 2.2 is when they changed it

the whole command crew was :scust::picard: :gag: that one girl was straight DONE watching that shyt unfold

gendo "dummy plug doing work:jawalrus: price of the brick going back up"

That girl always had to witness the most fukked up shyt :lolbron:

fukkboi Gendo at it's worst :wow: dude swore Yui would want him back and bytch could not give two fukks about him :russ:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That girl always had to witness the most fukked up shyt :lolbron:

fukkboi Gendo at it's worst :wow:
imagine getting an internship with NERV but only getting PTSD instead of job experience

I'm pretty sure she was on the keys when Asuka got mindraped in the sky too :dead: they never cut those mics for any reason. dolby surround sound in the command center so you can hear each pilot beg for their life :mjlol:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
imagine getting an internship with NERV but only getting PTSD instead of job experience

I'm pretty sure she was on the keys when Asuka got mindraped in the sky too :dead: they never cut those mics for any reason. dolby surround sound in the command center so you can hear each pilot beg for their life :mjlol:

:laff:

In EoE after she has to watch and hear Asuka get eaten and torn apart by the EVA series, she's the only one that gets touched by Giant Naked Rei. She really couldn't catch a break :dead: