LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Chainsaw man looks very interesting.

Also I just finished the demon slayer movie.
THAT bytch ASS DEMON CAUGHT A BODY AND GOT AWAY!!!

:bryan::mindblown::sadbron::to::snoop:

He waited for the fukkery to settle & then played with his food for too long. Rest assured, they didn't want that man to stick around any longer than he did. :usure:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Interested in what was so controversial about the ending?

I mean, the show is as unconventional as it gets when it comes to a "romance" anime/manga story so I found the ending very fitting, imo.

Kanai being so selfless was expected. I'd buy it more if it wasn't over a empty bytch like Akane but Kanai's Oedipus complex was too damn strong so I get why he was that way towards her. Now, him being so fukked up over his mom's death was one theme I was disappointed the show didn't get more into. Basically everyone got to show how fukked up they were emotionally but with Kanai we only get very small bits and pieces we have to put together.

Hanabi and Mugi ending up going separate ways was the best ending for both. Sure, 16 year olds aren't that mature (at least 99% of them aren't) but it was established these kids were rationalizing shyt at a way higher level most adolescents do anyway so I was ok with them realizing they had to move on and stop their toxic cycle just because it felt good and filled their voids.

Ecchan the goat :mjcry: his cousin was disgusting though, wtf :scust:

This was a really fukking interesting show, it's a shame it seems there's nothing like it out there.

There were complaints of it being anticlimatic. They wanted the conventional romance ending that gives you wish fullfillment, rather than the ending that says co-depenent relationships are toxic and it's good for a teenager to escape that cycle and work to improve their self confidence. Agreed that Hanabi and Mugi seperating was the best way to end their character arcs after all their misery and deep introspection throughout the show. Also Ecchan and Noriko.

Something else I thought was cool about this show was the presentaton. It would use panneling to show different perspectives much like a manga. There were these watercolored stillshots during emotional highs or lows for characters. Had a great OST that worked to to emphasize the somber mood. Everyone has eyes that look depthless and the colors were usually shaded darkly. Really great adapation.

I think there were some things the author wanted to cover that they didn't have time for. There's a manga afterword called "Kuzu no Honkai Decor" that addresses some stuff and ties up character arcs.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Was thinking about Re:Creators the other day. Wasn't the most amazing show but I still remember it for having the balls to kill off a major character seemingly out of nowhere and not even blink on it or reseruct them later. It was a Hunger Games Mockingjay style kill right at the end.

As much as I hate re:zero, re:creators was pretty decent bringing the characters from the 'fake' worlds to the 'real' world was a refreshing premise

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
As much as I hate re:zero, re:creators was pretty decent bringing the characters from the 'fake' worlds to the 'real' world was a refreshing premise
How can you hate Re:Zero? The season that just finished airing was some of the best anime made in a long time. There's a period where the show abandons its gimmick and the stakes become real so the show really shines.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Re:Zero because the death gimmick just makes it feel like much of what you see doesn't matter or will be undone but them suspending that created actual tension.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
How can you hate Re:Zero? The season that just finished airing was some of the best anime made in a long time. There's a period where the show abandons its gimmick and the stakes become real so the show really shines.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Re:Zero because the death gimmick just makes it feel like much of what you see doesn't matter or will be undone but them suspending that created actual tension.

Well to be fair getting through season 1 is kind of a chore especially the first half tbh it did redeem itself in the last few episodes.

Altho I do agree that that S2 was pretty good. Still couldn’t put it up their with the other stuff that we got so far this year.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
My mom has been asking to get into anime for a little while now, but only dubs since she can't keep up with subtitles. We started Castelvania to kind of test her and she loved the first two seasons to my surprise.

Now that I finished watching Vivy, we watched the first two episodes of Vivy's dub. I gotta admit the dub is actually pretty good so far tbh.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Cute ending. I liked the open ending granted it does hint at him favoring Sayu with her being 19 now after the timeskip over Mishima and Goto. Granted I do understand why some people would want a more concrete conclusion. I didn't like the harem aspect of the show, it felt very unneeded.
Overall, I enjoyed this show. I would give it a 7/10. Just not something I would reccomend to someone else tbh.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man, I knew it was coming but not like this man.

Once Fushi said that it was not his pain at that point we knew it was over for Gugu. But man seeing Rean and him have their moment finally together and that being his death is heartbreaking.

Then we see Gugu's dream scenario walking with his brother, the old man, and that lady with his face all fixed. But then him realizing that isn't what actually happened. We then Fushi telling them that Gugu is dead.

Honestly, I don't blame Fushi for not having the courage to tell Rean that Gugu is dead, but the ending does indicate she knows the truth. Which is nice since I was worried that she will be waiting for him forever.

But the important lesson for Fushi is that he can't put the people around him in danger. I'm assuming the next arc will be the final arc for this show after the recap.

This might be a controversial opinion, but I feel like as Fushi continues to develop the show keeps getting better and better.

Also, next week's episode is a recap. The next new episode is 2 weeks from today.