twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
The whole episode 3 of osamake romcom got me :mindblown::deadrose:
Strong 3 episodes so far for me hope this shyt don’t take a nose dive like most SOL since it’s one of my fav genres

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
How does Demon Slayer hold up to Jujutsu Kaisen?

I'm just about done with jujutsu Kaisen and I'm impressed. I heard a lot of hype and buzz around demon Slayer in the past but never gave it the time of day.

I think its better than Juju and is one of the best recent anime out, but I wouldn't argue if anybody thought Juju was better since both are top quality.

Bucciarati Joestar

Honorary Joestar
Daps
Reppin
M O R I O H @ Tdot.
Its that time again

2682240ff0bb8fb7c1754dfc52941c733eb92616.png

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
You think so? :ohhh:.

I think Juju is better.

and I can respect that opinion.

I personally felt Demon Slayer was better because it started off stronger, had a better main character, better and more easier to understand story, better villains, better music as well.
The animation is equal imo, Juju shines a lil brighter during the fights, but DS gets more creative with it imo.
I personally thought that Juju took a lil too long to hit its stride, but then when it did, shyt was crazy dope. Main character is mid and the soundtrack during the action is lacking, but thats my biggest gripes, which aint that big.

truth be told, I think Fire Force is better than both shows, but I know most round here think its hit or miss. Does what both do, but is funnier, better music and sound, and the fights are always fukking epic as hell, plus the pacing is much better if you an action junkie, cuz almost every episode had some fighting in it. Just has that 90's xmen vibe with how their a team and shyt. The villains are cooler too whereas Juju be having some straight weirdo looking shyt and DS be having YuYu demons on steroids.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
How does Demon Slayer hold up to Jujutsu Kaisen?

I'm just about done with jujutsu Kaisen and I'm impressed. I heard a lot of hype and buzz around demon Slayer in the past but never gave it the time of day.

To me, Jujutsu Kaisen has a more suspensful story; Demon Slayer is relatively predictable and doesn't build momentum as well.

DS has a better protagonist - Tanjiro is on the mount rushmore of likable shounen MCs. Yuji is kinda just a guy who doesn't stand out much other than being a vessle for a Sukana, though he's still cool.

JJK doesn't have as much comedic relief and the tone is a bit darker. The enemies are manifestations of evil with no redeming values whatsoever. Demon Slayer villians for the most part do have an angle to feel some sympathy for them, though that doesn't necessarily make them redeemable.

DS is a lot more emotional and tries to hit viewers in the chest with messages they can relate to, such as how family is essential to life and must be protected. JJK is less concerned about expllicit themes. I'm not entirely sure it has any, just a good story that keeps escelating overtime.

JJK has an open ended power system with cursed energy and domains. This makes the fights more creative than DS as there are some limitations on what the humans can do.

DS has maybe the best presentation for a TV anime ever. On every level its top of the line quality. JJK looks great, but is less consistent and the characters have less visual flair. Like so -

s01e20-pretend-family.mkv_snapshot_19.17_2021.04.27_02.10.43_stitch1.png

erai-raws-jujutsu-kaisen-03-720pmultiple-subtitle.mkv_snapshot_03.05_2020.10.31_22.43.28_stitch.png

JJK has Gojo. DS does not have Gojo.

Chances are you'll like both. Both are great, They just excel in different areas and can co-exist just fine without even needing to compare them.