Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think the dumb brother shot Dobu since he knew where they were going to be. Maybe it was the smart brother but it was definitely one of them.

I also think Odokawa and the twin cops might be related. Like we don’t see them being related because they are different animals, but we know that is all in the Odokawa’s head. Realistically they could all look similar. Also the main character wouldn’t know them even if he did see them since he has mental trauma and never saw them identified as his brothers. They all got separated as kids.

Dobu is a tough motherfukker all things considered

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
What was the anime where the little girl goes down into the tunnel and is mutated into an immortal monster by the gas in the tunnel?

That’s fukking depressing

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
So how do we really feel about Tower of God.... all these months after it ended?

It’s like people loved this jawn way more before the anime.

After it some went :huhldup:

Super mid, 1 most average anime i've seen. I could at least see the potential tho, if a 2nd season came out i'd probably watch it:manny:

Crunchyroll dropped the ball with all those, most people probably aren't even gonna bother checking a new 1 out if they make it since they were all poorly received

Bucciarati Joestar

Honorary Joestar
Daps
Reppin
M O R I O H @ Tdot.
I'll never watch grave of fireflies ever again. Not even tear streaming I was legit open mouth sobbing.

Masterpiece, but the type of movie you can only watch once.. Depressing af.

I'll never watch it again either.....just too tragic.
"She never woke up again"

tenor.gif

Bucciarati Joestar

Honorary Joestar
Daps
Reppin
M O R I O H @ Tdot.
One anime on that poll which a lot of brehs in this thread are sleeping on is Bokurano. Of the 10 on the list, it should be #1 easy. No other anime have I seen have I thought "wow these poor kids:mjcry:" like that.

c34543e21a7d483c4ee04c43bf6224941457473875_full.jpg

For a description of it:
A group of kids/teens go in a forest, find a secret hideout and get convinced to sign up for a game by a stranger. After that, he tells them details will come later. A couple days after, while they are hanging out, a giant alien like machine is attacking their city. They all get teleported into a mech and one of them is told to fight the enemy. He wins then falls off the mech & dies and the rest are transported away.

At first they think that one of them pushed him off the mech until another battle happens and same result. They learned the energy needed to power the mech is their life force so that piloting the mech basically equals death for the pilot win or lose, and that if they don't pilot the mech and win within a time limit, their whole planet is destroyed. They need to win a certain amount of rounds (there's less rounds than people in their group so someone is "safe" but no one knows who and the order is decided to amp the fukkery).

The other machines are later found to have groups from other planets similar to theirs in it, defending their own planet from destruction. The mech battles goal is to destroy the part where the other people are in, effectively killing them.

The main characters are all incredibly shook, and they are all in panic mode. Some of them break down mentally, etc. The government is also paying attention to this along with the media (the fights are clearly visible to everyone) and they get involved.

Best part about the anime is the characters. They have a certain realness to them. I consider a rewatch but them I'm like :merchant:

Thanks for reminding me to finish this show its been 10 years....if high body count was an anime, it would be Bokurano. :picard:.

6acfa575fbf6a897f916e471cd110601099b464e.jpg

Another depressing series that fell under the radar is Infinite Ryvius. This series is basically Lord of the Flies....but in SPACE. Over 400 teenagers are stranded without adult supervision aboard. Now these teens who are stranded on the spaceship will have to find a way back home in the midst of the growing tension amongst each other.

It kinda reminds me of logh in the sense that it takes a look at the limitations of different political systems during a dilemma. The best part of this series is the characters and how well fear and desperation is perfectly captured.....every character is pushed to their breaking point. Its a fight for survival.

I would call it the anti-thesis of Bokurano because nobody is willing to die :mjlit:.

Ost still slaps. ...soundtrack is predominantly hip hop..cant think of another anime series to utilize hip hop in the 90s.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The author is back after a long hiatus but who knows the fate of the anime.

It looked like it had potential. Crunchyroll really dropped the ball, like they usually do. Now there is virtually no interest in it.

Imo, the anime style was visually weak. The next few arcs do get a bit interesting, I'm not even going to front.

I would probably give it another season. I didn’t think it was trash but I also didn’t think it was as great as niccas hyped it up to be

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I would probably give it another season. I didn’t think it was trash but I also didn’t think it was as great as niccas hyped it up to be

Know nothing about the source material & then spend months saying you don't understand the hype. Be illiterate and a dumbass brehs. :mjlol:

Ol " I never read the comics but everyone's really hyped about this Thanos guy, I just don't get it" head ass. :russ:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Know nothing about the source material & then spend months saying you don't understand the hype. Be illiterate and a dumbass brehs. :mjlol:

Ol " I never read the comics but everyone's really hyped about this Thanos guy, I just don't get it" head ass. :russ:

You really are a sadistic fukk who loves the abuse I’m giving you all over the coli:picard:

I was gonna hit you like 5 more times yesterday but I chose to give you mercy.:mindblown:

I see that was a bad decision:francis:

I’m busting off shots today, cuz this was uncalled for :unimpressed:

And we right back at 20, I GOTS TO GETS MINES:rudy:

Last edited: