winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Stepping into the world of light novels introduced a new problem. Some of these English releases are far behind the Japanese versions. Not only that but some of them only release new volumes every 6 months or so. It will literally take years just to get where the Japanese versions are today and they'll likely not catch up until long after the Japanese version ends.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Stepping into the world of light novels introduced a new problem. Some of these English releases are far behind the Japanese versions. Not only that but some of them only release new volumes every 6 months or so. It will literally take years just to get where the Japanese versions are today and they'll likely not catch up until long after the Japanese version ends.

Yup that is the biggest damn issue for sure me and @Black_Panther_JS know it all too well
He is more up to date with the ones he likes thru the web novel or general summary they put out for each one from fan translations if I’m correct
Also u got some novels with only digital releases or way ahead of the physical release also
Not as many only physical release tho

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps

:russ::russ:Welcome to the world of LNs breh:francis: Even the most popular 1s are yearsss behind:snoop:

I've been patiently waiting for Seishun Buta Yarou's LN English to pass the anime, still like a year away and the anime came out like 2-3 years ago

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
rezero and Mushoku tensei are so far behind it’s fukking insane

Hell yeah, I don't even care about reading spoilers on them cause I know I won't be able to read the stuff for years :mjcry:

I know the entire plot of Mushoku Tensei from being on the subreddit :mjlol: English is only on like volume 11/24 and Re:Zero is like 15/26 :stopitslime:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
rezero and Mushoku tensei are so far behind it’s fukking insane
I started Chivalry of a Failed Knight. It's at vol 5 of 18. At the going pace they'll be at vol 18 in maybe 4 and a half to 5 years. The anime came out in 2015. The English light novel didn't start coming out here till 2019 and is is 7 years behind the Japanese one.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I started Chivalry of a Failed Knight. It's at vol 5 of 18. At the going pace they'll be at vol 18 in maybe 4 and a half to 5 years. The anime came out in 2015. The English light novel didn't start coming out here till 2019 and is is 7 years behind the Japanese one.

Bad thing about this one is cuz sol press are in charge and they have been bad with the releases for this one in particular but are known as SlowPress cuz how slow they release books period

Consumed

Superstar
Daps

I might have the least time in terms of years watching anime here, but this list seems weird

School Days was hilarious watching it live.

I feel like the most depressing anime have bleak no hope endings. For now I'd go with -

Grave of the Fireflies
Texhnolyze
Casshern Sins
Now and Then, Here and There
Chrono Crusade
Samurai X Reflections
'97 Berserk
Chirin’s Bell
Koi Kaze
Alien 9

Black Samurai

Kill or Be Killed
Daps
Reppin
California
The Japanese must have a different definition of depressing because I've seen 7 of those and I wouldn't really call any of them depressing. I could see why someone would say some of them like Attack on Titan but it still feels like a weird choices.

Re:Zero, Higurashi and Madoka Magika aren't really depressing tone wise, but each series has a character that goes through loops, dying over and over again which is a depressing situation so I can see those I guess but if that's the case might as well add Steins Gate

Not many characters suffered as much as these 4
comment_1598795378PMHXljqLWASuXkfP3JvsBs,w400.jpg

I would've put 3-Gatsu no Lion and Welcome to the NHK on mine

All I got from Madoka Magica was that Homura was crazy. she suffered sure, but she brought all that shyt on herself, just to save her lesbian crush. Suburu really went through some shyt he couldnt avoid.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
All I got from Madoka Magica was that Homura was crazy. she suffered sure, but she brought all that shyt on herself, just to save her lesbian crush. Suburu really went through some shyt he couldnt avoid.

I could respect her wanting to save them in the anime but after seeing the movie I was like :picard: nah she's crazy and obsessed