twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
[Updated] Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Topples Spirited Away to Become the Highest-Grossing Anime Film Worldwide

UPDATED: The official Demon Slayer English Twitter account revealed official numbers for the film from the weekend in North America. The post has been reflected with those updated numbers.

On Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train’s 192nd day at the Japanese box office, and the 3rd day of its North American run, Mugen Train finally overtook Studio Ghibli’s Spirited Away to become the highest-grossing anime film worldwide at 47.89 billion yen (US$442.81 million). Thanks to the best opening weekend for an anime film this century in North America, as well as continuing its outstanding run in South Korea over the last week, the Ufotable-produced film was pushed to highs everyone thought unbelievable for a late-night anime series.

In Japan, Demon Slayer: Mugen Train had one of its smallest weeks since the run began over six months ago, only bringing in 80 million yen (US$740,171) for a total box office revenue of 39.78 billion yen (US$365.6 million). Mugen Train had been bringing in a steady 100 to 200 million yen over the past few months at the Japanese box office, but this decrease, and the fact most of Japan’s metropolitan areas have gone into a new State of Emergency, closing a majority of cinemas across the country, could mean it’ll be a while until Mugen Train hits the milestone of 40 billion yen (US$370 million), which would be a first for any film in Japan.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

My boy watching the cash roll in like

tumblr_pyo6ug0wcu1x6ma1qo1_640.gifv

Bucciarati Joestar

Honorary Joestar
Daps
Reppin
M O R I O H @ Tdot.
so i'm watching demon slayer, and in between episodes reading some of the notes I wrote about this show two years ago. I was such a jaded snob back then (still am i guess, but less so now). Was talking shyt about Tanjiro's checkerboard jacket and how he's not as cool as Yusuke Urameshi and Luffy in episode 2.

One thing I forgot to mention while watching Demon Slayer is their outfits. Seems like everyone got some of the freshest and cleanest gear. :whoo:. and then you have the villain, who's dressed like a smooth criminal.

ec68785dbfbb1f715cf506b2d1f9fdd8.jpg

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
One thing I forgot to mention while watching Demon Slayer is their outfits. Seems like everyone got some of the freshest and cleanest gear. :whoo:. and then you have the villain, who's dressed like a smooth criminal.

Beautiful kimono and haori designs, across the board. this is a big reason DS is so popular in japan.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

compare these designs to shyt like grapeboy and hawklad :mjlol:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Legend of the galactic heroes

Man how dare they do this. :mjcry: offed the GOAT like a bytch with a shot to the leg.They have been deathflagging the fukk out of him so I seen it coming but damn.... So sad. My man's impact on history is so great it's keeping democracy alive just off the strength of his martyrdom.

My boy Jules. :wow: so wholesome but I feel terrible for the kid. Him and Fredrica got thrown directly into the fire. Nobody believing in him. Bro bro taking it all on the chin tho. :mjcry: He really getting the torch passed to him.

Now this man Ruenthal feeling himself a little too much. Civl war part 2 without no distractions on the Democracy side. :shaq: Time for Julian to get them stripes.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

I saw someone rocking the Tanjuro kimono on the train yesterday, must've been coming from the movie.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

Man how dare they do this. :mjcry: offed the GOAT like a bytch with a shot to the leg.They have been deathflagging the fukk out of him so I seen it coming but damn.... So sad. My man's impact on history is so great it's keeping democracy alive just off the strength of his martyrdom.

My boy Jules. :wow: so wholesome but I feel terrible for the kid. Him and Fredrica got thrown directly into the fire. Nobody believing in him. Bro bro taking it all on the chin tho. :mjcry: He really getting the torch passed to him.

Now this man Ruenthal feeling himself a little too much. Civl war part 2 without no distractions on the Democracy side. :shaq: Time for Julian to get them stripes.
I was waiting for this post :wow: LOGH really like that

You not a GOAT if you don't change everything before and after :mjcry:

Even the Empire was :wow: at his death. Just fukked up their entire scale of measuring merit on the battlefield and proved the Alliance truly ain't shyt :scust:

wasted a legend on nonsense. if that ain't democracy at work then :scust:

Schenkopp went out a G tho :salute: run my fade you bytches :pacspit:

Julian.... its fukked up because they didn't even want him to join the military. He's just good, bright kid and that ain't enough anymore. Frederica though :mjcry:

Bucciarati Joestar

Honorary Joestar
Daps
Reppin
M O R I O H @ Tdot.

I knew you were going to come back here in distraught.

Oberstein face throughout the fukkery: :unimpressed: