Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Man, the last third of Horimiya went out like a huge pile of "meh". Some funny moments but it showed they basically tried to do a "best of" from the manga and nothing else. Felt like they ran out of a real plot once the main couple had sex and just ended up patching up a bunch of different stories from the other characters until graduation.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Man, the last third of Horimiya went out like a huge pile of "meh". Some funny moments but it showed they basically tried to do a "best of" from the manga and nothing else. Felt like they ran out of a real plot once the main couple had sex and just ended up patching up a bunch of different stories from the other characters until graduation.

I was reading people were saying they could of easily done another cour but the issue with horimiya was it didn’t have a set story even in manga
Once the Main couple arc was done it did all the side characters arc
They even said the ending of horimiya is the same as the end of manga so I’m like basically this a romcom with not necessarily main characters but everyone gets their own arc

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yea that show is a mindfukk for no reason sometimes with the choices made or the way certain shyt plays out. They way characters talk in circles can lose you too

But you gotta finish it out
They going through plot threads by interrupting them with other plot threads so fast it's hard to keep up with them. At this point I'm left to wonder is the story actually making progress or is it treading water. We was supposed to save someone but we had to go to the sanctuary for that. We get to the sanctuary and there's a trial. That doesn't go as planed so we break from the trial to go back to the mansion but something is happening there so now we're dealing with that.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
They going through plot threads by interrupting them with other plot threads so fast it's hard to keep up with them. At this point I'm left to wonder is the story actually making progress or is it treading water. We was supposed to save someone but we had to go to the sanctuary for that. We get to the sanctuary and there's a trial. That doesn't go as planed so we break from the trial to go back to the mansion but something is happening there so now we're dealing with that.

Keep watching, it should make sense to you when you're done

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The roaches are characterized as black people in the story, the roaches got black hair, they are able to run, side way guns. On top of that the smartest of roaches is lightskined. the MC is some top of the line white german dude made from eugenics research.
I read through the wiki a few years ago and was like :wtf:.

:russ:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Stone Ocean is going to be dope but that manga was LONG.

Sometimes the story dragged out too far so maybe the anime can clean it up a little.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I was reading people were saying they could of easily done another cour but the issue with horimiya was it didn’t have a set story even in manga
Once the Main couple arc was done it did all the side characters arc
They even said the ending of horimiya is the same as the end of manga so I’m like basically this a romcom with not necessarily main characters but everyone gets their own arc

Yeah, I read similar comments online too. But with so few episodes, it was kinda impossible to not feel like the side characters were getting a rushed "arc" to be solved in 1 ep :pachaha:. With 2 cours they could've done more stuff with all them getting closer to graduation, so this last ep would feel like legit closure. I also read the skipped an "important" little arc about a sports festival or something like that.

Good series overall, too bad we only got 13 eps instead 24 or something.

Last edited:

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Stone Ocean is going to be dope but that manga was LONG.

Sometimes the story dragged out too far so maybe the anime can clean it up a little.

It's basically the same length as Part 3 and 5 and shorter than Part 4

It'll probably be 39 episodes like Parts 4 & 5