Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm assuming the 13th episode comes out with the blu ray if nothing else but this show will probably need something more than the 12 episode it's getting

Another season would be amazing. At the very least some OVA episodes to finish it up

It'd also be dope if it was like Shirobako or Madoka and gets a movie. A Wonder Egg Priority movie that wraps up the series would be amazing

My only problem with movies is Americans have to wait forever, especially if it's not a huge franchise :mjcry:

If "Frill is the cause of suicide" is where they went with it, it wouldn't make sense to me because Frill didn't invent suicide. That's something that's always been prevalent

But I'm not gonna judge any of the plot until they wrap it up, i'll see where they go with it. It's hard to guess with this show anyway, I never would've predicted these last 2 episodes

A movie to close it out would for sure be the best case scenario but there's basically no chance for that. Maybe an OVA?

Agreed 100% on what you wrote in the spoiler.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
A movie to close it out would for sure be the best case scenario but there's basically no chance for that. Maybe an OVA?

Agreed 100% on what you wrote in the spoiler.

OVA is probably the most likely option, that's how shows like ReLIFE ended

I just hope it's able to conclude properly. I think the show is too good to go out in an unsatisfactory way

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps

Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway | OFFICIAL TRAILER

This is not about what the name implies :whoa:

Osamake: Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose | OFFICIAL TRAILER

DON'T TOY WITH ME, MISS NAGATORO | OFFICIAL TRAILER

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Another cour of 12 episodes would be awesome because the themes and characters are dope. And certainly what they have set up needs more than 40 minutes to tie everything up nicely.

But I still think they can give it a good ending IF they get those 2 eps (instead of 1).

All I ask is Frill not being the reason of the girl's suicides. It would be such a let down that a show that's depicted a very complex issue in a great manner to throw it all away with a new "villain" that's cause of everyone's problems.

Specially because that's not how suicides works. If we get some closure with Ai's friend and find out that Acca and UrAcca were wrong in blaming Frill, and instead, Acca's daughter killed herself because they weren't aware of what was troubling her. I'd be more more than happy.

shyt, even if Frill is "just" the catalyst for girls giving in to death because they have a whole bunch of other problems and they show Acca and UrAcca being wrong with their theory. I'd be OK.

But yeah, having so little time to wrap it up is certainly a red flag for a show touching such complex issues.

You are right that suicides don't work like that. But this show is so far separated from reality, even outside of just Frill, that I don't see it reversing pivot at this point. If they do, then it'll beg for an explanation of how everything else that doesn't make sense (but we willingly suspend our disbelief for, b/c fantasy) actually works such as the Egg World.

What I think will happen, is WEP doubling down on the crazy and Ai becoming a "god" of love (her name, and would represent Eros who Acca and Ur Acca mentioned as needing) to combat Frill who is acting as a god of coercing death or suicide (Thanatos) and together they restore a balance in the world. Probably not a coincidence that they both share the name Ai in some way.

Another ending, and what I prefer to happen, is the girls suffer mental breakdowns. Frill "wins". Acca and Ur Acca grovel at her feet, and she ceases to influence other girls because all she wanted in the end was attention. They are responsible for her creation. So they take responsibility for what she became and no one else.

Acca and Ur Acca abolish the egg world, however the hell that can happen, and the girls return to reality permanently and try to recover from their traumatic experiences together...with it being important that they have each other, aren't suffering alone as many of the suicide victims actually were. They take the lessons they've learned from the girls that they saved in the egg world and apply to themselves, in their gradual but successful recovery from trauma.

Kinda dark, but does reflects on a truth that you cannot defeat things like depression, grief, suicidal thoughts, anger with magical powers and force. You also can't bury those problems away like Acca and Ur Acca tried to do with Frill. Those feelings are a part of life, some are more fortunate than others, gotta face them head on and take it day by day as life moves on.

That is probably fanfic. But its what I'm hoping for, if two episodes is all we have to work with.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
You are right that suicides don't work like that. But this show is so far separated from reality, even outside of just Frill, that I don't see it reversing pivot at this point. If they do, then it'll beg for an explanation of how everything else that doesn't make sense (but we willingly suspend our disbelief for, b/c fantasy) actually works such as the Egg World.

What I think will happen, is WEP doubling down on the crazy and Ai becoming a "god" of love (her name, and would represent Eros who Acca and Ur Acca mentioned as needing) to combat Frill who is acting as a god of coercing death or suicide (Thanatos) and together they restore a balance in the world. Probably not a coincidence that they both share the name Ai in some way.

Another ending, and what I prefer to happen, is the girls suffer mental breakdowns. Frill "wins". Acca and Ur Acca grovel at her feet, and she ceases to influence other girls because all she wanted in the end was attention. They are responsible for her creation. So they take responsibility for what she became and no one else.

Acca and Ur Acca abolish the egg world, however the hell that can happen, and the girls return to reality permanently and try to recover from their traumatic experiences together...with it being important that they have each other, aren't suffering alone as many of the suicide victims actually were. They take the lessons they've learned from the girls that they saved in the egg world and apply to themselves, in their gradual but successful recovery from trauma.

Kinda dark, but does reflects on a truth that you cannot defeat things like depression, grief, suicidal thoughts, anger with magical powers and force. You also can't bury those problems away like Acca and Ur Acca tried to do with Frill. Those feelings are a part of life, some are more fortunate than others, gotta face them head on and take it day by day as life moves on.

That is probably fanfic. But its what I'm hoping for, if two episodes is all we have to work with.

I'd love if we get something like that 2nd ending you are proposing/hoping for :wow:

I just would hate to see a show that has depicted mental health and suicide in such a careful and thoughtful way to switch gears towards "the reason shyt is worse than before is because of an evil AI gone rogue". I'd be less worried about things going south if Acca's daughter wouldn't have made Frill's mouth thingy before confessing her love to Ur Acca and killing herself that same night. Now, that can still be explained in a responsible way that makes sense within the show's own logic but it also leaves the door open for thing going in a bad direction. After watching enough anime, I've seen good series crashing down in the last episode(s) for different reason. I really don't want this to happen with WEP.

The fantasy elements aren't the core of the show and I'm fine if some questions are left unanswered considering there's so little time left. And to be honest I'm content with them explaining that the Egg World started because two scientific geniuses became obsessed with teenage girls suicides after the daughter of one of them killed herself without her family having any clue why it happened. So they turn their work into trying to find out "how" the fear of death works and what role their rogue AI plays in that.

The Thanatos and Eros stuff is also something that could be used in a very interesting manner OR as a cheap way out to end the show.

I really hope they don't fukk it up. It's been a looong ass time since I've encountered a show like this :sadcam:.

Also, no matter what the show does, I'm NOT trusting that teacher with Ai :ufdup: :sitdown:

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
What?! They're different over there.:deadrose:

I can think of somebody who would approve of this:
tenor.gif

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Short guy with a complex who wants to feel tough so he beats on a child who can't fight back:unimpressed:

Eren would wash that midget:wow:
Stop it, unlike Eren, Levi's body count doesn't include defenseless women and children.

Levi vs Eren would look like Levi vs another Jaeger we know.:pachaha: