Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Manga or anime :lupe:

Anime. Left off where Zoro cuts down Kamazo with the Purgatory Onigiri. Anime/Manga are so close together, that I feel like it would be a waste to try and start it now. Plus, the anime adapts the manga so well from what I've seen, it doesn't even matter.

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria

Fitting end to 2020:mjgrin:

:lupe:

:jbhmm:

:ohhh:

Only positive thing about DBS is that it supports more Dragonball content, but the negative side of that is that it supports more Dragonball content :pachaha:

I liked the villains in GT more than Super by a mile. Could make the argument that the Baby Saga was better than anything in Super and it isn't close. Plus I'll always think SSj4 >>>> Blue/Rose/Ultra Instinct. I think God (Red Hair) is the only form in Super that I'm cool with. Then again, my first introduction to Super was through the anime. I think if I was just manga only for it, I'd appreciate it a -bit- more because the writing is much tighter even though there are a lot of holes.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Fitting end to 2020:mjgrin:

tenor.gif

2 Cans of Ass, but at least Super is servicable.

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
@Doctor Doom goku black or baby vegeta as a villain :jbhmm:

Baby Vegeta by miles. Background, motivations, etc. were on point. Comparing plot holes between GT and Super is like comparing apples and oranges, but the writing during the Baby Saga was very good imo. Created a believable villain who you can easily see their side of things. However, this doesn't sacrifice anything in terms of Baby's character, as his personality and the way he goes about his revenge still allows you to cheer for the actual protagonists in the story. Shows sometimes make the mistake of making the villain too likeable, to the point where people would cheer against the hero.

Goku Black is a mess. Complete megalomaniac who has very thin and truthfully, shytty ideals and motivations to do what he does. He is nowhere near charismatic or nuanced enough to mask his failings as a character, so it just comes off as forced. His eventual reveal of being Zamasu killed a lot of his initial hype and mystique. Hell, his plan of taking Goku's body was stupid as fukk in both the anime and manga :dead: . Anime, just because Goku was stronger than weak ass Supreme Kai was enough for him to be like "Let me use these Omnipotent Wish-Granting Spheres that could give me literally -anything- and steal this mortal's body." Manga, he switched with Monaka first, then switched with Goku :deadmanny:

Didn't switch with Beerus, who he actually knew of and whose power was confirmed, but switched with some alien from a backwater planet who he just heard of in passing. :camby:
Hell, he could have switched with Zeno :dead:

Goku Black's story needed an entire rewrite if we keeping it a stack.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:lupe:

:jbhmm:

:ohhh:

Only positive thing about DBS is that it supports more Dragonball content, but the negative side of that is that it supports more Dragonball content :pachaha:

I liked the villains in GT more than Super by a mile. Could make the argument that the Baby Saga was better than anything in Super and it isn't close. Plus I'll always think SSj4 >>>> Blue/Rose/Ultra Instinct. I think God (Red Hair) is the only form in Super that I'm cool with. Then again, my first introduction to Super was through the anime. I think if I was just manga only for it, I'd appreciate it a -bit- more because the writing is much tighter even though there are a lot of holes.
Baby is the best thing about GT - and probably the best villain since Cell.

God/Blue/Rose are all trash:scust: Ultra Instinct could've been great but they fumbled the design something serious.

Best thing super did was 17 and introduce new universes and new saiyans. Jiren is a WOAT antagonist. He's just so hilariously ridiculous that everyone rolled with it. The shyt he was no-selling made no damned sense. Then remember how everyone was waiting for his backstory? :russ: Turned out he was just another mad orphan after people had wrote pages of speculation that all ended up better than the real thing.

Super had a lot of good moments though - in spite of stupid it was. GT had a few high points but its truly unforgivable, irredeemable garbage for the most part :skip:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Baby Vegeta by miles. Background, motivations, etc. were on point. Comparing plot holes between GT and Super is like comparing apples and oranges, but the writing during the Baby Saga was very good imo. Created a believable villain who you can easily see their side of things. However, this doesn't sacrifice anything in terms of Baby's character, as his personality and the way he goes about his revenge still allows you to cheer for the actual protagonists in the story. Shows sometimes make the mistake of making the villain too likeable, to the point where people would cheer against the hero.

Goku Black is a mess. Complete megalomaniac who has very thin and truthfully, shytty ideals and motivations to do what he does. He is nowhere near charismatic or nuanced enough to mask his failings as a character, so it just comes off as forced. His eventual reveal of being Zamasu killed a lot of his initial hype and mystique. Hell, his plan of taking Goku's body was stupid as fukk in both the anime and manga :dead: . Anime, just because Goku was stronger than weak ass Supreme Kai was enough for him to be like "Let me use these Omnipotent Wish-Granting Spheres that could give me literally -anything- and steal this mortal's body." Manga, he switched with Monaka first, then switched with Goku :deadmanny:

Didn't switch with Beerus, who he actually knew of and whose power was confirmed, but switched with some alien from a backwater planet who he just heard of in passing. :camby:
Hell, he could have switched with Zeno :dead:

Goku Black's story needed an entire rewrite if we keeping it a stack.
Remember when everyone thought Goku Black was Goten :mjlol:

Nope. Still a garbage wasted and forgotten character who's best moments involve fusing into another character

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
*good points*

GT for the absolute majority was big, big fukking trash, but I think the Baby Saga in of itself could have been put into DBZ and it would have held up in comparison to all of the sagas. Hell, I think its better than the Buu Saga if I'm gonna keep it a stack.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Goddamn. Just thinking back on Super.... I might dig up that thread for some much needed laughs.

When Jiren waited for Goku to charge up, then no-sold the Spirit Bomb, and threw it back at him like " only works on evil :umad: i'm the good guy not you :umad: you killed yourself i'm not even getting disqualified :umad:"

I stopped caring and just committed to the fukkery for the rest of the tournament of power arc