LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Golden Kamuy got some of the most lifeless, one-note characters.... Does this ever get better? I'm on ep 12 of season 1

Each season gets better than the previous one and the story keeps expanding along with the characters own back stories being developed.

If you don't like it by now, then it just might not be for you breh.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Each season gets better than the previous one and the story keeps expanding along with the characters own back stories being developed.

If you don't like it by now, then it just might not be for you breh.
Cool.

I actually liked the backdrop of the Russo-Japanese War. Doesn't get nearly enough callback in media imo. Some of the survivalist stuff was pretty cool too.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Cool.

I actually liked the backdrop of the Russo-Japanese War. Doesn't get nearly enough callback in media imo. Some of the survivalist stuff was pretty cool too.

If you appreciate the backdrop, it really expands on that during the 3rd season that just finished airing. That's when Russia really comes into play.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
hihjmmafwb761.jpg

What a weak anime season. Winter is coming though
The last show I mentioned in here (Talentless Nana) made top 10 :ohhh:
I never wished on the downfall of a main character as much as this show :why: for the love of god somebody catch this bytch!
It keeps me tuning in every week though so the writers clearly know what they are doing. :pachaha:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Golden Kamuy got some of the most lifeless, one-note characters.... Does this ever get better? I'm on ep 12 of season 1

The hotel episode is straight comedy tho :pachaha:

I think it's a fun show, just very different. The little gems about cooking wild game and surviving in the woods is interesting even though I'll never do it. Kind of like dr. Stone's science lessons that I never will try myself.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The hotel episode is straight comedy tho :pachaha:

I think it's a fun show, just very different. The little gems about cooking wild game and surviving in the woods is interesting even though I'll never do it. Kind of like dr. Stone's science lessons that I never will try myself.
Its funny you say that because that's the episode I checked out on :dead:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Its funny you say that because that's the episode I checked out on :dead:

That shyt was laugh out loud funny to me :mjlol: There's just a :dame: moment and a borderline :sitdown: moment but for the most part it was funny.

I see what your issue is, it's not that exciting to see them find the tattoo map guys from week to week, but it has some gems IMO

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That shyt was laugh out loud funny to me :mjlol: There's just a :dame: moment and a borderline :sitdown: moment but for the most part it was funny.

I see what your issue is, it's not that exciting to see them find the tattoo map guys from week to week, but it has some gems IMO
Borderline? :martin: They got this little girl calling a legit rapist 'dikk-Sensei' after some old lady was just licking her eyes in her sleep.

I can only look past so much

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Can anyone give some background on how Mangas get picked up for an anime and how certain animation studios get the nod to do it?

Like it's not a given that the biggest manga out will get the most reputable animation studio or is it?

Curious.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting, I watched the first 8 episodes & just lost interest in the series. The premise seemed cool but it just fizzed out to me by the Dubai chapter. Also the MC w/ blue hair whole moral code was extremely dull to me
Who is blue haired?
I'd recommend the manga because I got the same type of lifeless drab vibe from the anime which is strange because that vibe doesnt come off in the manga at all.

Its quite the opposite, this shyt is full of crazy ass characters full of personality. The russian fightee guy, the twins, the sewing dude, the gay yakuza, "professor penis", Ogata, Tsurumi, the dude who gets turned on by the thought of being murdered, the guy that went crazy and lives as a bear.... Thats not even the half of it. GK lowkey gets to almost One Piece level with the amount of weirdos running around. The best part is many of them have very human character arcs and most get some good character development.

Id say the story shifts into a different gear by the prison break arc so I'd read up to that part I guess.

Idk what it is about the show (outside of the cgi) that makes it feel so drab. maybe its the soundtrack or something.