LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Final Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga Volume Sells Record 2.855 Million in 1 Week

Jesus :damn:

last sales was at 82 mil nov 22
From then till now shyt sold another 20 mil :damn:

The crew that tries to justify it's superiority based on SALES because that somehow equates to quality are always oddly silent during these record breaking updates. :sas1:

I'm sure it's just a coinkydink. :sas2:

Congratulations to Demon Slayer, from a Day 1 breh I just hope the adaption can keep up with a bar set that gotdamn high. :whoo:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The crew that tries to justify it's superiority based on SALES because that somehow equates to quality are always oddly silent during these record breaking updates. :sas1:

Congratulations to Demon Slayer, from a Day 1 breh I just hope the adaption can keep up with a bar set that gotdamn high. :whoo:
I just hope that those types of sales numbers kill of the idea that 'fan service' is necessary to get numbers up.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
True, it should but it probably won't. That shyt is so deeply ingrained in the culture at this point that they'll write it off as an enigma.
Might finally be a part of the culture that has to stand outside or something at the very least.

None of the more popular stuff really rides on it.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

i mean just cuz u sale a lot don’t mean ur best or goat could be simple as being popular or hot at the right time or moment

took one piece over a decade to reach 100 mil sales and demon slayer 4 years sheesh that is crazy nonetheless

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
i mean just cuz u sale a lot don’t mean ur best or goat could be simple as being popular or hot at the right time or moment

took one piece over a decade to reach 100 mil sales and demon slayer 4 years sheesh that is crazy nonetheless

Of course we know that, but Sales numbers have been a crutch for the intellectually dishonest for years in everything from movies to music. You'd have to ignore the factors that actually go into breaking records, a lot of cases are timing others rabid slavish fanbases.

At the end of the day, quality doesn't equal popularity but it's damn impressive, especially when it's deserved, which in this case, I believe it is.

@It is a mystery Stay outside. :unimpressed:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Its deserved at the end of the day. Demon Slayer is legit quality with one of the better MCs in recent years who you actually root for. The enemies have been designed beautifully to be somewhat hopeless against while also conquerable.

Now if some actual trash like GoH had these numbers...... :unimpressed:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its deserved at the end of the day. Demon Slayer is legit quality with one of the better MCs in recent years who you actually root for. The enemies have been designed beautifully to be somewhat hopeless against while also conquerable.

Now if some actual trash like GoH had these numbers...... :unimpressed:
This

I could see if we were dissecting sales of something overhyped and/or trash.

DS is a quality shounen top to bottom. Its been more popular than MHA & Black Clover its entire run for good reason. (The real 2010s big 3 was One Piece, Demon Slayer and Dr. Stone/TPN. If you know you know) It's just better.

The fandom gave it a proper send off for its swan song. :salute: As they should

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its fake news unfortunately

maybe one day :mjcry:

I was gonna ask, what is madhouse gonna start the series over? The OG anime still holds up visually.

It would be dumb to get madhouse just animate
The ippo retirement arc....that still hasn't finished in the manga

peppe

Superstar
Daps

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
Just finished rewatching the first 3 seasons of Haikyuu and now about to get into the new shyt from this year, and I love this series man :wow:I think it's got a good sense of humor, the matches are intense, love the characters on all the teams, etc.
As a D1 athlete, when my class arrived our Freshman year our team finished 7th/8 universities in conference championships. We had no kinda senior leadership or nothin. We were the class who had to come in and change the program and the culture and take lead ASAP because we wanted to win the Conference no matter what. We did just that, we changed the program and helped bring in really great young talent behind us, and by our winter season Junior year we rose all the way to 2nd place, and had a major chance at winning outdoor in the Spring :wow:
With our Senior year taken away by Covid I'm living vicariously through all the seniors on Karasuno :mjcry:This was our year... youngins do it for us old folk. Don't let us down :mjcry: