Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If YYH had the same amount of press (good games, access to manga, movies,etc) as DBZ, of course it would been critiqued the same. But that's how people are to the OGs.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Give me examples from HXH that provide better world-building.
It's not excused and YYH lack of world-building can be criticized. It's just pointed out that the criticism is there not because he lacked the talent to provide creative details but because he rushed the series to an ending. And it's the reason why a lot of people don't even discuss different scenarios.

It's the same reason why we've known about the Dark Continent in HxH but will never witness the arc/saga to its fullest.

Togashi has a GOAT mind for creating these stories but we will never see a full polished product of his fullest potential.

He won a ring and tore the Achilles and hasn't been the same since.

YYH can be criticized. But I won't do it.

I'm going to blindly follow that series and label it as the goat.

:mjlit:

HxH shows us the economy of Yorknew City, accepted forms of currency, value of a hunters license. There's a map of locations that are visited for various reasons (including Greed Island, which has its own map), indigenous animal and plant species. A relatively organized power system.

you don't get a sense for how the economy works in YYH. It's hard to form a map when the regions are barely explored outside of combat settings. Not much on nature outside of Kurama's abilities. Powers are all over the place. More detail here would help advance the most prominent themes of YYH.

FWIW, I think YYH is top five all time. Would agree Togashi is a GOAT and all that when he's motivated. Has room for improvement like anything else does. But I think HxH is pretty easily his best work as a writer.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
HxH shows us the economy of Yorknew City, accepted forms of currency, value of a hunters license. There's a map of locations that are visited for various reasons (including Greed Island, which has its own map), indigenous animal and plant species. A relatively organized power system.

you don't get a sense for how the economy works in YYH. It's hard to form a map when the regions are barely explored outside of combat settings. Not much on nature outside of Kurama's abilities. Powers are all over the place. More detail here would help advance the most prominent themes of YYH.

FWIW, I think YYH is top five all time. Would agree Togashi is a GOAT and all that when he's motivated. Has room for improvement like anything else does. But I think HxH is pretty easily his best work as a writer.
Was about to say damn you coming at YYH with a Yusuke avatar. :patrice:

Your points make sense. Togashi looked back at his work and corrected his mistakes. I still prefer YYH over HxH though.

Sometimes evolution of influences doesn't necessarily mean it's better.

Like how someone earlier said they notice the influences YYH has had on a lot of Shounen but it's missing something.

Nothing is really missing. In the context of when a goat series like YYH was released, series like those are groundbreaking. It's only when you've seen 1000s of other shounen that look to older series as inspiration that it doesn't seem special.

It's like watching Halloween when it first aired and then witnessing Scream 20 years later.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
That one works, dunno what was up with the other one.

Mereoleona is that bytch yet again, strongest woman in the series & 2nd Strongest Captain overall. :wow:

she basically the damn hulk in this show
Clover kingdom like we have mereoleona :russ:
I can't remember if Sailor Moon was good or not.

I believe the anime has a lot of filler

yes tons of filler hit or miss more hit if I recall for the simple fact it builds up the other sailor scouts personally so u know who and how they are
Where sailor moon crystal while a true manga adaptation u just meet them quickly don’t even know much about them or friendship with sailor moon
Also in crystal sailor moon is more needy and reliant on oh boy
Where og one she is more independent and strong willed which is why most like the og sailor moon better
I’m doing a rewatch bout 7 eps in and can tell difference of the 2 and prefer og one even with filler which I haven’t had a issue yet with

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I’m a alpha breh I’m strong willed
Rewatches sao mother’s Rosario arc :mjcry:

yuuki in Asuna arms disappearing with all the people paying tribute :to:
Couldn’t even give her cancer straight up gave her A.I.D.S :damn: :sadbron:

Last edited:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
yes tons of filler hit or miss more hit if I recall for the simple fact it builds up the other sailor scouts personally so u know who and how they are
Where sailor moon crystal while a true manga adaptation u just meet them quickly don’t even know much about them or friendship with sailor moon
Also in crystal sailor moon is more needy and reliant on oh boy
Where og one she is more independent and strong willed which is why most like the og sailor moon better
I’m doing a rewatch bout 7 eps in and can tell difference of the 2 and prefer og one even with filler which I haven’t had a issue yet with
I remember the OG popping so much is was cool to watch it even if you were a boy.
It seems like the remake has come and went. I didn't see any hype but I could be wrong. :jbhmm:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I can't remember if Sailor Moon was good or not.

I believe the anime has a lot of filler
Sailor Moon was good for it's time. It did have a bunch of filler but it's one of those classics that doesn't really hold up if you compare it to more modern shojo. It was a pioneer in it's day though.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I remember the OG popping so much is was cool to watch it even if you were a boy.
It seems like the remake has come and went. I didn't see any hype but I could be wrong. :jbhmm:

sailor moon fans will watch it of course but majority have og over the new one from responses I read and seen on YouTube due to the pacing
Final arc is being made into 2 sets of movies
Sailor moon eternal is coming out next year

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I'm up to ep 14 of season 3 of Seven Deadly Sins, and they were cutting some serious onions in the last couple of eps.

Showing Ban's background and his surrogate father abandoning him. Only to be reunited with that surrogate father and forgiving him:mjcry:

Seeing that surrogate father sacrificing his soul so Ban's soul could live on and be reunited with his girlfriend:mjcry:

Although I got to say I'm not liking this late introduction to power levels.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I’m a alpha breh I’m strong willed
Rewatches sao mother’s Rosario arc :mjcry:

yuuki in Asuna arms disappearing with all the people paying tribute :to:
Couldn’t even give her cancer straight up gave her A.I.D.S :damn: :sadbron:
that was actually fukked up :mjcry: funeral long as hell

you know you a special character in SAO when they allow you to get a questionable W over Kirito :mjlol: