Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I always find these big 3 talks disrespectful to the OGs because it's always a conversation to diss them.

"mORe PEOple are WATCHing BREAKING streaming NUmbers NOw MORE than THOse SERIES."

:gucci: Duh MHA is on three to four streaming services. We had to watch Naruto in it's prime on youtube with the parts missing.

The later generations are in better positions to be watched. Doesn't make them a better series than the previous generations in my opinion.

Your horses? Hold them:whoa:

If this season goes how it should, I do think it solidifies it as the anime of its generation (by far). It definitely has the potential to enter the convo. Can't wait to feast after the Giants game. I needed this to wash away the taste of endless repetitive shonen out nowadays (minus JJK):blessed:
Last time I was here I mentioned that AOT might be anime of the decade. AOT might not be liked by everyone but credit still has to be given.
It's a series we will be talking about 10-15 years from now.

lotta people neglect the fact that there was only one true "age" of anime.

maybe two. Especially in America.

everything else is either elitist nostalgia or hype.

Sailor Moon had a (not as popular) following before DBZ popped off, but not at the same time. You'd have to look at stuff like GundamW, Trigun and InuYasha. Hell, even the OG FullMetal

There's periods where shyt was popular before folks started sticking the "anime" label on stuff before they knew better. I'm talking them "Main-ga" times. It'll always be funny to me how people act like Pokemon didn't conquer the world or Robotech/Macross didn't change views or Voltron didn't birth the ENTIRETY of the 80's cartoon as commercial industry

It's really just the DBZ/Sailor Moon/YYH and Naruto/One Piece/Bleach big 3 that are actually legit for us.

But it has to be mentioned that DBZ/Sailor Moon/YYH/Inuyasha/Gundam/Trigun etc. are all paired together because of Toonami.

I have a book from Araki on the Jojo series where he mentions during his time of creating part 1 and 2 it's popularity was a very tiny spec compared to the big three like Dragon Ball/ Fist of the north star/ I forgot the third one.

So the idea if a big three does exist and always has.

The only accurate anime big three Americans should acknowledge is the naruto one tho
Rewatching Bebop now, and man... The older you get the more this shyt resonates :wow:
I first watched bebop when I was like 15 maybe, but now that I'm in my 20s shyt hits different :wow:
Always loved Bebop, always considered it a 10/10 and a classic, but it might really be the GOAT watching it again. Amazing characters, great action, great art, maybe the GOAT soundtrack, can do it all. Great comedy, great thrilling moments, even well done moments of suspense and horror, and man can this shyt hit you in the heart :mjcry:
Something Bebop really does maybe better than any other show is just that stillness of life. Those moments where we aren't having huge reactions, but just deep in thought. Just feeling, being, existing in a vacuum and taking everything in. And at the end of the day, life moves on.
just finished episode 24 and man :mjcry: Faye learning her backstory is tragic, Ed and Ein leaving had me straight :mjcry: and watching Spike and Jet just having to take it :mjcry: No words need to be said looking at Ed's message, just experience that moment as they eat away their pain :mjcry:
When this song plays man... See You Cowgirl, Someday, Somewhere :mjcry:

And now I head into the last two episodes... I know it's coming :mjcry:

I feel this post 10000 percent.

That series hits harder every year I watch it. The meme is that when you're young you will be like "oh wow bebop is so cool. I wish I was Spike hanging with JET, Faye, and Ed."

Then you experience life and realize all the shyt you personally experience and would never wish on anyone else is basically what that entire cast goes through.

Spike and the gang out here eating one meal every day and it's always bell peppers lmao.

The group gets along so well because they're all loners and shyt.

I usually watch series like YYH, Bebop at least once a year. And I try review Bebop every year for better takes and personally to learn how to review and analyze series better.

Can't wait.

--------------------------------

---------------------------------

I just watched the latest Attack on Titan episode guys.

I needed this. :mjcry: This may sound weird but anime series like AOT gives me life. Let me explain.
Always been a big anime head my entire life. From the roughest times in life like health issues, family issues, living situations, uncertainty of the future, one thing has always made none of that matter or easy to deal with is anime.

AoT is one of those anime series where when there is a new season out you think about it every day all day until the next episode.
You could be at work supposed to be doing something important but you're on the coil having deep discussions.
The type of shyt to say fukk going over your friends you wanna stay in and watch the previous episodes again.
The type of shyt leaving you happy with not doing anything on weekends as long as you wake up to a new episode on Hulu.
Like the purpose is senseless but it feels so good that it makes you act different.
Be having you eat right and make the right decisions because you can't die before knowing how your favorite series ends :mjlol:

It's just something I haven't had in almost a year now with anime.
:francis: I want to say Vinland Saga was the previous anime that gave me this feeling. JJBA part 5 before that.

Just waking up every Friday or Sunday like :shaq: my day can't be ruined.

This first episode threw me off in a good way :picard:. I knew the germany/nazi analogies were always there but damn this new season just hits you straight in the face with it.

This episode also shows me why I love investing in great storytelling. :mjcry: I remember when AOT first came out as an anime. shyt was popping EVERYWHERE. People at my community college just openly rocking AOT gear and merch talking about it at school. Literally every anime fan was watching. shyt was really groundbreaking. I can remember waiting so long for season 2 :mjcry:

Then I think about the journey I have taken with Eren in the gang over the years (so many years). Feels as if I know them personally and it feels as if I have watched them grow up. A time skip like this means a lot to a person like me who's spent so much time invested into the series. It's like damn remember when this scene happened or remember that person???? Now we got a gigantic time skip with war still going on and a bunch of new characters I've never met before and it all feels organic just leaving me like :wow: I know so much about this world.

So excited to check shyt out weekly..

Never reading the manga paid off :wow::wow:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
40 episodes into Urusei Yatsura (1981). So far it keeps the comedy fresh by changing the plot twice an episode, rotating a cast of 30+ characters with only a few constants. All of them have oddball quirks that are funny for one reason or another.

UY is considered a pioneer for the harem comedy genre. But what hasn't been copied so much are the references to japanese history and folklore. Every episode has been a parody of culture that is probably best appreciated by those living through it. So it makes sense why this show was so loved in Japan throughout the 80s, and why most others to come after it don't have the same appeal.

Favorite gag so far is the MC's mother being ashamed of his existence when he does something stupid. She will say "I wish I never had you" to his face and mean it. That seems harsh, but when you see the Ataru's habitual fukk ups that put Japan in a state of crisis, its warranted. You almost never even see parents in this genre, so to have an adult perspective commenting on the misadventures of their child is great.

If I had to make a list of greatest female anime characters, Lum is probably in that top five. Feel comfortable saying that considering her apparent influence on the direction of the industry. Being the original "waifu" before that idea was taken to an extreme. Is very powerful. But still vulnerable in ways that are funny when exploited. Is endearing when not trying to murder the MC who kinda always deserves it. Has an iconic design, catch phrase. Doesn't really fit into any annoying dere types and is entirely genuine towards the MC. Probably Rumiko's best creation. Maybe Kyoko from Maison Ikkoku is better.

UY doesn't touch Maison Ikkoku. But there's some chance it can be better than Inuyasha and Ranma on my list of Rumiko stuff.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
zd6q4jcqmr361.jpg

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Whoever said the anime OGs are being disrespected is right. The amount of people who are shytting on DBZ is at an all time high and half the people responsible have never seen even one full saga.

I atleast watched Bleach and Shippuden (the OG naruto series was good tho) to the halfway mark before I wrote them off.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Finished S2 of Overlord. I can see why this turned a lot of people off :mjlol:

Log Horizon is by far the better Isekai but I'm still enjoying this for what its worth:manny:

I actually liked Overlord but it's been awhile. What part of S2 is a turnoff? I thought it started picking up once the main character seemed to go full on evil

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I actually liked Overlord but it's been awhile. What part of S2 is a turnoff? I thought it started picking up once the main character seemed to go full on evil
some shyt just dragged is all. the stuff with sebas in particular was just waiting for people to die

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
some shyt just dragged is all. the stuff with sebas in particular was just waiting for people to die

You talking about the part where his crew was turning on him I think then. All of that is just some setup stuff for later. The anime hits its stride towards the middle of S3 and then reaches a complete stop with no signs of continuation. :francis:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Whoever said the anime OGs are being disrespected is right. The amount of people who are shytting on DBZ is at an all time high and half the people responsible have never seen even one full saga.

I atleast watched Bleach and Shippuden (the OG naruto series was good tho) to the halfway mark before I wrote them off.

:yeshrug: I feel that but I really don't take those seriously on their views. I don't even like the all OG series and respect that the fact that coming up in that era was way different trying to come up now. I respect that a lot of modern conventions came up from those eras.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
if you never shyt on DBZ you not a fan
There was a point when I was anti-DBZ just to be it even though I had seen it 100000 times.

I feel like DBS can get the jokes whenever though.

Even if there are flaws, DBZ and DB are legit :smugdraper:

whenever you think of anime DBZ should be the first mention like Pac and Biggie are to rap.

You'd crack a motherfukker skull if they did the same to YYH tho. :sas2:

As we all should.

But today's kids haven't even seen YYH. This why their opinions ain't shyt.

Since it's on Hulu now hopefully we new people are watching it every day.

:ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd: The power of streaming services helps keep these old series alive.