Consumed

Superstar
Daps
demon slayer must be hitting on every single demographic to get sales like that. young and adult. male and female. x orientation.

Feel like an underrated key to those sales is Nezuko, who is just about the most cosplayed anime character in existence right now. because of her being such a universally loved mascot DS is reaching an audience who wouldn't be so supportive of shounen.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
demon slayer must be hitting on every single demographic to get sales like that. young and adult. male and female. x orientation.

Feel like an underrated key to those sales is Nezuko, who is just about the most cosplayed anime character in existence right now. because of her being such a universally loved mascot DS is reaching an audience who wouldn't be so supportive of shounen.
Demon Slayer doesn't even hit its stride for another few arcs tbh...

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Honestly I think it just hits different than a lot of anime. :manny:

It takes tropes and changes them enough to be fresh. Tbh, I dont think Demon Slayer introduced anything groundbreaking, but Goto from what I've watched/read so far has a tight handle on what he wants out of the series, how he portrays his characters, and what he wants his power balance to be.

Writers who have a clear end to their story can turn what could be mid in someone else's hands to absolute piff.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I think it just hits different than a lot of anime. :manny:

It takes tropes and changes them enough to be fresh. Tbh, I dont think Demon Slayer introduced anything groundbreaking, but Goto from what I've watched/read so far has a tight handle on what he wants out of the series, how he portrays his characters, and what he wants his power balance to be.

Writers who have a clear end to their story can turn what could be mid in someone else's hands to absolute piff.
Well said.

Good writing matters. Plus Tanjiro is one of the most wholesome anime protagonists right up there with Jonathan Joestar and Alibaba

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Tanjiro is the homie

JJK got next :banderas: been trying to tell people

ya it does might not reach demon slayer numbers but it will sell a shyt ton that’s for sure
I stand corrected if jjk doesn’t drag out and has a end in stone and let’s say 30 vol max and each arc just keeps getting better it has the potential to reach demon slayer numbers for the fact it’s sales as exploded very quickly since the anime came on like slayer did just not to that extent but it’s word of mouth is getting everywhere cuz it sold another mil and half if I’m correct with I wanna say 2 month span cuz it was a mil behind black clover and has exceeded that sales so it’s a definitely a hit question is how big of a hit will it be