Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Aye brehs, God of Highschool is fukking incredible :dwillhuh: How the hell is this not getting more hype??

its popular. up there with Re;Zero this season. I see a lot people on twitter who aren't deep into anime that love that show, has mainstream appeal.

maybe doesn't have the whole thread talking about it b/c some of us are jaded shounen stans.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
its popular. up there with Re;Zero this season. I see a lot people on twitter who aren't deep into anime that love that show, has mainstream appeal.

I guess people I follow just aren't up on the show then because I've seen nothing of it besides 1 tweet from a puroresu fan saying it was a dope show. I gave it a shot and was :krs: at the first ep.

I had to stop myself from going past the fifth episde and sure, it has some classic troupes but shyt, Demon Slayer (which I really like, don't get me wrong) is basically shounen 101 and I saw it hyped up all over my social media.

If you are saying it has been praised by more casual/mainstream fans I believe. It makes a ton of sense and it was the reason I was puzzled I hadn't seen much of the show.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
I guess people I follow just aren't up on the show then because I've seen nothing of it besides 1 tweet from a puroresu fan saying it was a dope show. I gave it a shot and was :krs: at the first ep.

I had to stop myself from going past the fifth episde and sure, it has some classic troupes but shyt, Demon Slayer (which I really like, don't get me wrong) is basically shounen 101 and I saw it hyped up all over my social media.

If you are saying it has been praised by more casual/mainstream fans I believe. It makes a ton of sense and it was the reason I was puzzled I hadn't seen much of the show.

Not on Demon Slayer level of popularity, for sure. maybe GOHS would've been on that level if it were a shonen jump adaptation aired on Adult Swim and not a korean comic. and were animated by ufotable.

Definitely mainstream/casual appeal is what I'm seeing. and if you go somewhere like MAL it's a hot topic, though kinda controversial. This thread had lots of posts about it in the first three weeks or so.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
tumblr_p488qfMsgz1rrxesio1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p488qfMsgz1rrxesio2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p488qfMsgz1rrxesio3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p488qfMsgz1rrxesio5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p488qfMsgz1rrxesio4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p488qfMsgz1rrxesio6_1280.jpg

tumblr_p488qfMsgz1rrxesio7_1280.jpg

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Demon Slayer got the Shounen Jump stimulus :yeshrug: Most Shounen I feel like would hit in the states with the right promotion, the action is just better choreographed than western animation

I always felt folks would fukk with Seven Deadly Sins since it's just dbz with swords, down to the power levels. It didn't get legs till it hit Netflix.

GoH and ToG would be a huge boost for web toons. They a sub fandom even within manga fans

Plus Demon Slayer is just quality Shounen top to bottom, the story laps GoHS fr.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Started watching a show called Bofuri. Not so sure about it. Completely lacks tension

For me it got better as it went on but it's not the type of show to have a lot of tension or true stakes or nothing, the main character is OP and everyone in the show knows it