42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
OG SAO is only good til the halfway point. Its not good again until Gun Gale Online: Alternate

rewatched the Macross Plus OVA's again. This time thinking of it more as science fiction than romance or military drama. presents a reality where humans can connect their consciousness to A.I. - Guld pilots a fighter jet with his mind, Myung controls a network that produces a world famous singer. but the more control they give to the A.I the less they retain of themselves. In Myung’s case it leads to the AI developing its own consciousness and going rogue.

there's a love triangle. but rather than focusing on the romance, thought it was underlining the importance of human relationships no matter how far technology advances. There’s no substitute for intimacy through Myung tries to find such by burying herself in work and avoiding closeness. Isamu helps to ground both of them, even as the love rival to Guld, because he is so free spirited and unpredictable in a calculated by the book environment. Maybe intended to represent what it means to be organic (human/nature) versus formulaic (machinery/science).

Was made by the same director as Bebop. Like Bebop is the theme of the past and whether its ever possible for one to escape what shapes who they are. Though in Bebop, the characters largely choose to cling to their past to the detriment of their future. While here characters are moving towards the future in an attempt to distance themselves from the past. In either direction conflict emerges when both are extremes.

if we think of science fiction as what if scenarios manifested after so and so technological advancement, in Macross Plus it could be - what happens if human consciousness and A.I become one? What potential consequence does that pose to humanity, benefit? says a lot about these things in just four episodes.

The animation in Macross Plus is a constant flex

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
that's the DISTINCT difference in the OG anime and Ultimate

Alucard: don't..... :mjcry:

don't disturb my coffin :demonic:

past that, all manner of hell breaks loose.

the original studio in charge of animating it was prolly :mindblown::whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa:
Episode 7 was :damn::mjcry:

See a lot of violent anime...

This ain't Berserk eclipse fukked up but it's really damn close.

Bernadotte, died with no regrets. :mjcry:

Seras's backstory :picard:

We see how she became a cop, but witnessing her parents getting killed and her mother getting raped as a corpse:picard:

I see why Alucard took an interest in Seras

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Been rewatching Durarara and this show is turnt brehs.

It is probably the GOAT of introducing characters and the dynamics in between them.
Celty's doing a motorcycle wheelie and creating sythes out of thin air, Izayah scheming to make ppl commit that, Namie's demonic labwork and the extent she goes for Seiji, Shizuo getting enraged overhearing a simp. Intros are all so lively :banderas:

Its also crazy the amount of foreshadowing anime do that you never notice until rewatches. I think the best example was when (in utena) Saionji straight up said the objects in the sky by the arena is some sort of light trick in the first episode and that floating castle STILL being one of the biggest plot points and mysteries of the show until the end.

Mikado ryogamine resorting to the dollars for every little thing was him lowkey pushing his friend to join by making it seem like they both need to join for their help, people saying ryogamine is famous and him playing it off, izaya suspecting ryogamine of something intruiging, ryogamine logging on to the dollars network once he gets jumped despite never joining and izaya going "I had a feeling it was you"
It all makes sense now :ohhh:

How didn't I notice this on my first watch-through :pachaha:

One of my all-time favorites. I wish i could watch it again with a fresh mind

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
the dog fights were crazy
breh you gonna get me started :banderas:

h2DHGjm.gif

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished Golden Kamuy season 1. This is a dope ass show:banderas:

This is GOAT tier character development and story telling:lawd:
My nikka. :lawd: Im still holding it down for GK over here

We feasting on bear hearts while unraveling this mystery. Dont let me in the Hokkaido wilderness, ill fukk around and come back with Covid-22 after making all the critter dishes from in this series.

A nikka was in the aquarium last year looking at the orca like :shaq: