GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Been rewatching Durarara and this show is turnt brehs.

It is probably the GOAT of introducing characters and the dynamics in between them.
Celty's doing a motorcycle wheelie and creating sythes out of thin air, Izayah scheming to make ppl commit that, Namie's demonic labwork and the extent she goes for Seiji, Shizuo getting enraged overhearing a simp. Intros are all so lively :banderas:

Its also crazy the amount of foreshadowing anime do that you never notice until rewatches. I think the best example was when (in utena) Saionji straight up said the objects in the sky by the arena is some sort of light trick in the first episode and that floating castle STILL being one of the biggest plot points and mysteries of the show until the end.

Mikado ryogamine resorting to the dollars for every little thing was him lowkey pushing his friend to join by making it seem like they both need to join for their help, people saying ryogamine is famous and him playing it off, izaya suspecting ryogamine of something intruiging, ryogamine logging on to the dollars network once he gets jumped despite never joining and izaya going "I had a feeling it was you"
It all makes sense now :ohhh:

How didn't I notice this on my first watch-through :pachaha:

Last edited:

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Been rewatching Durarara and this show is turnt brehs.

It is probably the GOAT of introducing characters and the dynamics in between them.
Celty's doing a motorcycle wheelie and creating sythes out of thin air, Izayah scheming to make ppl commit that, Namie's extreme love and the extent she goes for it, Shizuo getting enraged overhearing a simp. Intros are all so lively :banderas:

Its also crazy the amount of foreshadowing anime do that you never notice until rewatches. I think the best example was when (in utena) Saionji straight up said the objects in the sky by the arena is some sort of light trick in the first episode and that floating castle STILL being one of the biggest plot points and mysteries of the show until the end.

Mikado ryogamine resorting to the dollars for every little thing was him lowkey pushing his friend to join by making it seem like they both need to join for their help, people saying ryogamine is famous and him playing it off, izaya suspecting ryogamine of something intruiging, ryogamine logging on to the dollars network once he gets jumped despite never joining and izaya going "I had a feeling it was you"
It all makes sense now :ohhh:

How didn't I notice this on my first watch-through :pachaha:
Classic anime, when it reaches its peak its some of the best anime you will see. Being engulfed in the city & just everything around it being alive is dope as well. Its strange Ive never seen Baccano but I love the multiple different MC angle of the show

I personally dont like how the series ended, the last season lost steam but when it was great it was great

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Classic anime, when it reaches its peak its some of the best anime you will see. Being engulfed in the city & just everything around it being alive is dope as well. Its strange Ive never seen Baccano but I love the multiple different MC angle of the show

I personally dont like how the series ended, the last season lost steam but when it was great it was great

I need to finish it.

but it's like they took the lull period in Bacanno and stretched it out.

I love the shyt out of Baccano, but I don't like shyt feeling like filler.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I need to finish it.

but it's like they took the lull period in Bacanno and stretched it out.

I love the shyt out of Baccano, but I don't like shyt feeling like filler.
Yea you can feel the show just dragging by the last season & the air of it what made it special just being gone, and at that point there is so many thing going on but in a bad way. Also the new influx of characters were meh