Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Griffith_ed7820_6412713.jpg
:mjlol::mjlol:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
was looking at a list of best selling anime DVD/BD releases. Not comprehensive - only goes as far back as 2000, some studios don't release information, international sales aren't tracked

top ten goes -
Gundam Seed
Bakemonogatari (various other seasons appear elsewhere in the multi-billion yen range)
Osomatsu San
Attack on Titan
Madoka Magica
Love Live
Yuri on Ice
K-on
FMA (2003 release, Brotherhood was less successful!)
Macross Frontier

thought it was interesting that it differs from what is popular here. Attack on Titan being the only constant. MHA S1 only sold around 3500 copies in japan, the anime is probably more popular internationally. Demon Slayer was successful (19k copies) but not close to the top ten level.

some of these shows are obscure to the Western Audience, like Love Live and Osomatsu San. But in Japan are cult popular to the point of earning billions. Not including sales from figures, CD's. live events, retail partnerships, etc.

Monogatari is probably the most successful anime franchise of the last twenty years and I'm not sure how close it even is. but, I think I saw only one person ITT put it on a top 20 list.

Never seen Macross Frontier, only has 100k members on MAL/ranked 625 in popularity. wondering what about it made it so popular to the point of dwarfing the likes of Code Geass in sales, and why THAT season among the dozens of other Macross entries.

Fate/Zero is a little bit outside of the top 10. By far the most successful of the fate franchise. Will use this to justify stanning it over all the others.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Never seen Macross Frontier, only has 100k members on MAL/ranked 625 in popularity. wondering what about it made it so popular to the point of dwarfing the likes of Code Geass in sales, and why THAT season among the dozens of other Macross entries.

Music was crack.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
was looking at a list of best selling anime DVD/BD releases. Not comprehensive - only goes as far back as 2000, some studios don't release information, international sales aren't tracked

top ten goes -
Gundam Seed
Bakemonogatari (various other seasons appear elsewhere in the multi-billion yen range)
Osomatsu San
Attack on Titan
Madoka Magica
Love Live
Yuri on Ice
K-on
FMA (2003 release, Brotherhood was less successful!)
Macross Frontier

thought it was interesting that it differs from what is popular here. Attack on Titan being the only constant. MHA S1 only sold around 3500 copies in japan, the anime is probably more popular internationally. Demon Slayer was successful (19k copies) but not close to the top ten level.

some of these shows are obscure to the Western Audience, like Love Live and Osomatsu San. But in Japan are cult popular to the point of earning billions. Not including sales from figures, CD's. live events, retail partnerships, etc.

Monogatari is probably the most successful anime franchise of the last twenty years and I'm not sure how close it even is. but, I think I saw only one person ITT put it on a top 20 list.

Fate/Zero is a little bit outside of the top 10. By far the most successful of the fate franchise. Will use this to justify stanning it over all the others.
Check out Macross Frontier if you haven't. Its..... the Gundam Seed of Macross if that makes any sense.

Got some jams too low key

Black Samurai

Kill or Be Killed
Daps
Reppin
California
As much as people shyt on One Piece it’s hard to imagine people being into this poor man’s One Piece.

It's very casual friendly and has likeable characters. It does go on for far too long and the friendship themes are way over done, but I wouldn't call it a bad series. I wouldn't call it good either.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
He had sit thru that shyt fr fr. :mjcry:Normally it's 5 seconds of bleeding and he's out. :mjlol:

he literally got chewed the fukk up.

that's on top of Garfiel doing the most and him waking up not knowing wtf was going on (wtf was going on!? :mindblown:)

Re:Zero running full tilt right now :whew:

edit: that's why my post was even just "thank you Echidna"

she literally eased the pain of that boy soul :mjcry: