42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
finished rewatching YYH. Liked the three kings arc this time around. It's solid, Togashi apparently just didn't have enough motivation to be thorough and was restricted by editors in where he could take the story.

An idea in the show I missed before, picked up on now, is that birthright doesn't determine whether someone is evil or good. Entirely depends on their environment, what their influences are and how they respond to trauma. Lot of the characters are struggling in between human/demon identities in some way, rarely matching the stereotypes of their appearance.

You have half demons (Kurama, Yusuke) who have relationships on both sides. Full humans who seek demon-like power to grow stronger, entertain their vices (Toguro, Black Black Club) or turn on the human race after witnessing their atrocities (Sensui). Full demons that initially sought to kill humans, but then changed after meeting one they respected (Hiei, Raizen, Itsuki). Demons that are harmless to humans, and yet are persecuted just because of their race (Yukina). Yusuke fought four bosses in the series. Two demon two human. Yusuke goes to the demon world and finds that the people there aren't so different from where he was born. The line between demon/human is blurred in YYH, two sides of the same coin.

wound up taking some hundred screenshots. in doing so I think I have a shot of every outfit certain characters appeared in during the TV airing.

hiei is the only main character that never appears in casual dress in the TV series, of course.

"Can't end a good party without someone on the floor :youngsabo:"

Also, its not really highlighted in the anime that much but it was dope that Hiei found himself a (psychotic) good one in the end too

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
You can't compare that weirdo ass fruity batty man shyt to MHA, Mob Psycho, Vinland Saga, Fireforce, God of High School and etc...:mjlol:

A nikka like me that's been watching anime since the 80's aint gonna rock with that bullshyt. :manny:

so we gon have to agree to disagree.

Its hard to go from Fist of the North star and Ninja scroll to nikkas dressing like the fukking Village people fighting and frolicking. :hhh:

I'll never understand that JoJo shyt & that's probably for the best. :hubie:

There's plenty of ways to go over the top with fukkery, which is the most common defense I've encountered here and on other sites based around manga or even comics, like SHH. They just chose to go 1 direction with it and I can't follow. :ufdup:

I've watched a wide array of anime over the years and been put onto some shyt I would have never chosen that ended up being dope, brehs irl and on here @twan83 @42 Monks

JoJo just wasn't it :manny:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'll never understand that JoJo shyt & that's probably for the best. :hubie:

There's plenty of ways to go over the top with fukkery, which is the most common defense I've encountered here and on other sites based around manga or even comics, like SHH. They just chose to go 1 direction with it and I can't follow. :ufdup:

I've watched a wide array of anime over the years and been put onto some shyt I would have never chosen that ended up being dope, brehs irl and on here @twan83 @42 Monks

JoJo just wasn't it :manny:
Jojo is flatly hit or miss, love or hate.

As a series, its all fukkery and its a weird brand that's just... well, it inspired a lot of the wild shyt that people love today. Jojo is a OLD fukking series fr. Plus the way that its done, there will always be episodes and mini-arcs that stand out more than the entirety of a run as well.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Nah, go back to those anime rating threads. You had all types of random weirdo slice of life ass lovey dovey shyt getting 8s 9s and 10s. shyt like kill la kill and deadman wonderland would get 7s

Look at how nikkas nit pick every new action theme anime.

nikkas constantly shyt on Black Clover, MHA, and praise shyt like Reincarnated Slime or weird ass Jojo. Tower of God was hyped as fukk and that shyt mid tier reggie at best.
Man, I'll be honest.

At least Jojo is different. Black Clover, MHA, KlK, Deadman Wonderland - outside of the animation these shows are not good :mjlol: there isn't a real investment in a single character from any of them. You look at Black Clover and MHA discussions and people can't wait for characters to die. And its not like some GoT shyt where people will miss them either. For a lot of these types of runs, its so formulaic that everyone realizes that death is one of the few ways that progression happens.

@Bryan Danielson can talk shyt about SoL, but I remember when dude was :mjcry: because the guy in Ore Monogatari couldn't find the right birthday present for his girl.

I wouldn't give Tower of God too much scrutiny though. From the first trailer, it was obvious that adaptation wasn't gonna hit right.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
think its fine to be critical of stuff so long as you can explain why.

just saying x anime sucks and leaving it at that makes you look bad in a crowd of people that like it.

but if you say it sucks for reasons that you can support then cool. God of High School has a lot of flaws you can harp on and so do lots of anime of its type. Some people just choose to ignore those flaws better than others. I do that myself with Inuyasha that I KNOW sucks and still will support it for nostalgia reasons. But at least can admit that its flawed, so I don't have to pretend otherwise and get mad when somebody calls it trash.

"Can't end a good party without someone on the floor :youngsabo:"

Also, its not really highlighted in the anime that much but it was dope that Hiei found himself a (psychotic) good one in the end too

was great way to send Hiei off. All of Team Urameshi had good endings like that

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

just saying x anime sucks and leaving it at that makes you look bad in a crowd of people that like it.

but if you say it sucks for reasons that you can support then cool. God of High School has a lot of flaws you can harp on and so do lots of anime of its type. Some people just choose to ignore those flaws better than others. I do that myself with Inuyasha that I KNOW sucks and still will support it. But at least can admit that its flawed, so I don't have to pretend otherwise.

That and staying consistent :manny:

I used to be fukk SoL then I saw Nana and Violet Evergarden in the same year. Ain't been the same since.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Man, I'll be honest.

At least Jojo is different. Black Clover, MHA, KlK, Deadman Wonderland - outside of the animation these shows are not good :mjlol: there isn't a real investment in a single character from any of them. You look at Black Clover and MHA discussions and people can't wait for characters to die. And its not like some GoT shyt where people will miss them either. For a lot of these types of runs, its so formulaic that everyone realizes that death is one of the few ways that progression happens.

@Bryan Danielson can talk shyt about SoL, but I remember when dude was :mjcry: because the guy in Ore Monogatari couldn't find the right birthday present for his girl.

I wouldn't give Tower of God too much scrutiny though. From the first trailer, it was obvious that adaptation wasn't gonna hit right.

Whoa whoa whoa, I was very invested in Ganta and Crow from Deadman Wonderland. As for Black Clover, it's primarily Captain Yami with Asta a close 2nd but the rest of the cast is kinda meh outside a plot device like Julius and the Devils.

I can see where you're coming from on the rest of the post though. Thing is, there's a mountain of material and everything can't be the summit, doesn't mean it's got to be classed as the foot of the mountain. There's a lot of good stuff out there, not spectacular and not trash, just good & that's fine to me.

:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.

but if you say it sucks for reasons that you can support then cool. God of High School has a lot of flaws you can harp on and so do lots of anime of its type. Some people just choose to ignore those flaws better than others. I do that myself with Inuyasha that I KNOW sucks and still will support it for nostalgia reasons. But at least can admit that its flawed, so I don't have to pretend otherwise and get mad when somebody calls it trash.

I don't think I even said GOH sucks. I said I don't remember the mahnwa being this convoluted this early on, at least not until the clone / spirit world arc. If bruhs can't understand that so far their is no real logic to the characters actions or the 3 main friendships, or this wedding seemingly coming out of nowhere than I don't know what to say. The best way I can explain it is a comment I read from somewhere that someone said T.O.G and GOH is what happens when you try to compress a 100 episode worth of materials into 13. You allow no rooms for the characters to grow and the plot to develop.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
That disrespect:gucci:
Strays:dwillhuh:

and slander:mjtf:

And it hurts the worse when it comes from your family :unimpressed:

Whatever... say what you want about me but please don’t shyt on Jojo, MHA, and BC:francis::picard:

:bryan:PETIT CLOVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

tenor.gif

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Dudes can't like different things :skip:?

nikkas can like what they want. Remember ya'll nikkas quoted me first.

I said what I had to say and kept it moving. I just pointed out a simple trend I noticed.

nikkas hold back on a lot of the criticisms on weird shyt, but always going in on action themed anime knowing they'll never care about those details in some romance bull shyt.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Don't ever list Mob Psycho amongst trash like MHA, Fire Force and God of Highschool :scust:

Also, Mob is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more slice of life than shonen :yeshrug:

Mob Pyscho did it's action parts so good, it didn't mater if it was a slice of life or shonen. You just enjoyed the ride for what it was. I don't watch anime to tear it down if I'm enjoying it. nikkas be in here writing book reports on shyt they think is average.

I only compared it to the others based on its action scenes. We can agree to disagree, but I think MHA, Fire Force, and God of Highschool are right up there when it comes to action/animation.

So far I haven't seen anything top that 2nd MHA movie if we talking pure action/animation but :manny: