I knew it was coming listening to these fakkits slander UBW. :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I knew it was coming listening to these fakkits slander UBW. :mjlol:
slander what? that shyt is trash :mjlol: some of yal really gotta accept that most of these shows are only good when digested in short clips and gifs

the first season was the most expensive piece of garbage i've ever seen animated since guilty crown

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
slander what? that shyt is trash :mjlol: some of yal really gotta accept that most of these shows are only good when digested in short clips and gifs

the first season was the most expensive piece of garbage i've ever seen animated since guilty crown

"Some of y'all" gotta realize that your opinion is just that: an opinion. :sas1:

You know if you want to go there with the bullshyt, we can go 1st Class. :sas2:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Finally finished Fate Zero, things got crazy in those final episodes. I'm confused as hell so it's time to start Unlimited Blade Works :mjgrin:

This dude Kirei just went over the edge with his antics :dwillhuh:, I really don't see how Saber could beat Archer in a fair one that bullshyt anti fortress phantoms move was :ld:

The amount of L' s everyone took was enough to make Reiner from attack on titan's life look rosy :mjlol:

Ufotable was shytting on the entire animation industry with their work here :wow:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
ONNqvvJ.jpg

vR5teO8.jpg

CdcrUiN.jpg

taBTTKH.jpg

HhpJjaH.jpg

UrXS7io.png

JVRBe0F.jpg

jw3pxWL.jpg

sSwbuRC.jpg

Ev4IjdC.png

RIutCXV.jpg

XN1y6VB.jpg

2rs4hEx.jpg

V9KYbce.png

hTQLpHI.png

niKte9W.png

GZo6P3f.png

VlN9D6P.jpg

XqPywLr.jpg

DKJq9nc.jpg

Finished the Brotherhood rewatch. Was fun to relive something I cared a lot about ten years ago. Visuals were even better than I remembered, got a chance to appreciate them more making gifs and stitches.

recognized the themes of human resilience, importance of finding balance in life, accepting past failures to move onto a new future. FMAB might have the most understood messages of any anime b/c its so clearly defined by the journeys of the characters. then if you want to dig deeper there's a lot of commentary on the flaws of science and religious hypocrisy. as well as a lot of symbolism/metaphors. one of which being rain as hardship that eventually ceases and reveals the sunshine. next time I rewatch this I want to pay closer attention to those ideas.

Mustang and Olivier Armstrong were the best characters imo. and unlike other shounen that bury their best designs behind mediocre protagonists, it was great to see them get a prolonged spotlight rather than forcing the Elric brothers to be at the center of every action. Seasoned veterans usually > naive kids masquerading as adults.

I didn't love Ed during most of this watch. Whines a lot, knowitall except he doesn't know enough, loses most fights. but sometime after he got impaled by that beam he got more tolerable. then he fully redeemed himself in the end by turning into Ippo with the entire character roster cheering him on. forming a path for himself after sacrificing his alchemy. Not the most reliable MC, but came through when his team needed it and became a hero for his nation. also appreciated that because of how alchemy works, he was never allowed to be overpowered and it was just as important for him to form strong relationships as it was to be strong.

The final 13 episodes of Brotherhood were just about as good as any anime has been. what keeps it from being in my top ten is you have a long journey until that point, and marathoning 60 episodes of shounen isn't something I enjoy as much these days. but, still placing it in the 10/10 range and will rewatch it again someday

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Finally finished Fate Zero, things got crazy in those final episodes. I'm confused as hell so it's time to start Unlimited Blade Works :mjgrin:

This dude Kirei just went over the edge with his antics :dwillhuh:, I really don't see how Saber could beat Archer in a fair one that bullshyt anti fortress phantoms move was :ld:

The amount of L' s everyone took was enough to make Reiner from attack on titan's life look rosy :mjlol:

Ufotable was shytting on the entire animation industry with their work here :wow:

Fate/Zero was my shyt. My nikka Gilgamesh is nigh unstoppable. :wow:

If you enjoyed Zero & Gilgamesh, you're in for a ride with Unlimited Bladeworks. :blessed: