Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Elrics casually burning their house down so they can "never turn back" is dumb as hell. jimmy butler logic of removing the rear view mirrors of his car. tolerated because its shounen, meant to be emotional and cool in the moment.

never even cared about that when first watching it ten years ago. Ed's arrogance was also cool back then, now it's kinda annoying though I know he'll back it up eventually

IIRC the first FMA was even more brutal. Spent more time with Nina and Scar doesn't put her out of her misery so she reappears afterwards. I continue to think the OG FMA is better than Brotherhood in niche ways.

Yeah I watched the OG first. First episode i caught was the ending and i was like :dahell:

Thank goodness back then they used to re-run shows in order except DBZ.

I preferred the route they gave Envy in the OG and it's reveal. Maybe because i watched it first but the OG does a lot of things better from the cinematography, not having a lot of jokes and Edward being more aware.

And going back to the OG I never liked the equivalent exchange angle in the Brotherhood joint because there was an overarching point of destiny in it. In the OG they actually spoke about this.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I watched the OG first. First episode i caught was the ending and i was like :dahell:

Thank goodness back then they used to re-run shows in order except DBZ.

I preferred the route they gave Envy in the OG and it's reveal. Maybe because i watched it first but the OG does a lot of things better from the cinematography, not having a lot of jokes and Edward being more aware.

And going back to the OG I never liked the equivalent exchange angle in the Brotherhood joint because there was an overarching point of destiny in it. In the OG they actually spoke about this.

To the cinematography point - Edward removing his cape in 2003 vs 2009

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

I liked how the non canon FMA put Ed into zero win scenarios. Like
having to dig up the remains of his mother, having to kill Greed against his moral code, brother being turned into a philosopher's stone, Teacher's child being a homunculus that owns his arm and leg.
Felt more like a kid who was overwhelmed by his environment and didn't have fate on his side.

FMAB is a better shounen for sure. but the original was better in other ways.

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Tower of God was like a 6.5/7 for me. It definitely wasn't seeing shyt like Vinland Saga or Dr. Stone.

but, Its better than that reincarnated as a slime bullshyt tho.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I watched the episode where Ed fought Scar for the first time. had both of his automail blown up in 5 seconds. bravado is gone. quits and begs to at least spare his brothers life.

noble cause. Asuka?

guos6w3jcqa31.jpg

lot of shounen protags the moment is too big for them. not for her.
Asuka's greatest flaw was being stuck with Shinji :francis:

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Congratulations

You just finished the opening prologue of Tower of God

Now the real story starts, that's the wildest thing about season 1, just explains the world and sets the tone for the shytstorm about to take place

Season 1 was okay but next season should be lit. Rachel is truly one of the worst.

What makes Rachel a great "villain" isn't because she's super powerful or evil. Her existence is fukking annoying, she's a bottom feeding scrub who will latch on to anyone and do anything to climb the tower.

I really hope they make you hate this scumbag bytch in the anime for season 2.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Something interesting I saw on tumbler
So I’m re-watching FMA:B and it’s enragingly good because they just went HAM on the foreshadowing, so I’m seeing news stuff this time around like the fact that every time Roy talks about his intent to become the fuhrer and later, his intent to avenge Hughes, he either closes or covers his eyes

i first saw FMA:b in goddanm 2009 and here is is a whloe-ass decade later and I am just now realizing that this is a pun on BLIND AMBITION.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Hopefully they fix the pacing issue for season 2 of Tog.. They crammed too much and skipped a lot that just made the big moments fall flat.
Yea season 2 is over 300 chapters and there are way more stopping points so it shouldnt be a problem. Season 1 literally had no other point they could stop at