Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Yoo, on the real this needs to be addressed.

Why are there so many shows with great animation and terrible stories/characters
:dwillhuh:

My Hero, Attack on Titan, Kimetsu no Yaiba - I don't know what it's called in English- Dr. Stone, Seven Deadly.

I'm fooled everytime and have to do so much filtering

:scust:

part of it is you don't need concise writing, themes to sell merchandise. Just some characters who appeal to a demographic. Copy pasted genre tropes that worked somewhere else. Good visuals. SAO probably sold more Asuna body pillows than Log Horizon did BD copies. Didn't matter that Kirito is the WOAT MC or that there were three casual rape attempts.

MHA, AOT, Dr. Stone etc are solid-good though. Better for them to get pushed than something truly terrible, even if they overshadow works that have better writing but none of the budget.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
When I think about designs and themes along wit overall impact and competence I got them over Akatsuki personally but I'll say that Akatsuki still has the most iconic villain group in manga/anime history
helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll naw

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I truly do agree with the sentiment alot of these MC & just storylines are just generic as can be. I have stopped & started Dr.Stone about 3x and only have 3 episodes left and just haven't really felt the need to go back.

Akatsuki :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll yes

Any other answer is just plain wrong :unimpressed:
akatsuki is so low on the "all time memorable villain groups" thing that I don't even register them like that

they're a ripped off version of the phantom troupe from HxH - but worse from top to bottom

big groups of villains like Zeon or small groups ... they don't even hold a candle to groups/teams from sports anime :dead: and even the ginyu force stands out more with ZERO significant wins under their belt

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
akatsuki is so low on the "all time memorable villain groups" thing that I don't even register them like that

they're a ripped off version of the phantom troupe from HxH - but worse from top to bottom

big groups of villains like Zeon or small groups ... they don't even hold a candle to groups/teams from sports anime :dead: and even the ginyu force stands out more with ZERO significant wins under their belt

Akatsuki transcends Anime, you're tripping if you think the Troupe or Ginyu force is more iconic

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll naw
Do u kno how many fans there are of itachi and pain alone? the sheer amount of fan content created about this group as well as immediately recognizable logo helped them be #1 there are def better groups like the phantom troupe or the upper moon demons but Akatsuki is more known than both by a good margin and thats cause no anime in the 2000s was as popular as Naruto was in the West plus that linked wit anime message boards and stream sites becoming big

Last edited: