Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I watched it it's a pretty generic fantasy show. Doesn't do anything special but the animation is really good. Hell, the animation is what motivated me to keep watching cuz the plot is sohh damn predictable and the cast was kinda bland.

Sohh yeah Granblue is mid but I was entertained by it.:yeshrug:

Yoo, on the real this needs to be addressed.

Why are there so many shows with great animation and terrible stories/characters
:dwillhuh:

My Hero, Attack on Titan, Kimetsu no Yaiba - I don't know what it's called in English- Dr. Stone, Seven Deadly.

I'm fooled everytime and have to do so much filtering

:scust:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Why are there so many shows with great animation and terrible stories/characters

My Hero, Attack on Titan, Kimetsu no Yaiba - I don't know what it's called in English- Dr. Stone, Seven Deadly.

You can leave Dr. Stone out of this. :ufdup:

I'll allow the rest.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

AoT & Demon Slayer slander will not be tolerated. :ufdup:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

My Hero is good. I wonder if they'll ever animate the Vigilante story.

AOT, ehh. To me, got boring after the second season.

Demon Slayer animation & art is amazing, story isn't bad. The pacing for season one was a little slow though.

Dr. Stone is interesting to me, I fukks with it.

Seven Deadly, another anime that is just ehh to me.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps

Kimetsu no Yaiba AKA demon slayer and Granblue are animated by the same studio: Ufotable. They do a lot of adaptations for video games & some manga.
Ufotable is just a world class animation studio so no matter what they are presented with, they will make it look good :wow:
Some of the source material they get tasked with simply is mediocre. One example would be when they adapted tales of Zestiria (which is generally seen as one of the worst games of an otherwise well received franchise) for some reason.
Demon Slayer is another obvious example.
I am glad Ufotable are very popular and get contracted often since they animated 2 fate anime series which are GOAT level as well as God Eater which is piff. They got my respect and I want to see them be successful.

In Granblue's defense, Granblue is good in video game form. The plot starts off very simple but the lore grows over time which works fine for a gacha RPG & fighting game, but is hard to translate in a way to catch the attention of people who aren't already fans of the franchise when it comes to a straight anime.

Also, Seven deadly sins is by a different studio and you'd have a hard time saying that show is carried by its animation. :heh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
So underrated its not even funny Yoh Asakura one of the greatest MC's ever, we actually gonna get his and Anna's backstory, Chocolove redemption, the elemental spirits and Hao absolutely fukking shyt up :wow:

Shaman King one of the greatest but because of a lot of factors it flew under the radar. Only the OG 90s anime heads even mention it, but if they redo the story and expand upon it, it'll definitely fly up the charts among the new heads. :whew:

It had one of the nicest and most interesting power systems in anime also. This shyt had me on Foxbox heavy. :ohlawd: