Consumed

Superstar
Daps
finished a rewatch of cowboy bebop started a few months ago

disagree with criticism of the non-linear sessions being hit or miss in comparison to the Julia arc. no episode is absent of meaning that connects to a broader theme

I think Bebop is best experienced in Japanese. You miss out on the funny Engrish scenes and the voice acting is more authentic to certain characters, i.e Faye's voice is softer and younger as opposed to a fully matured woman, true to her character conflict. Edward sounds less eccentric. More like a typical little girl (the VA was in fact 10 years old at the time of recording)

Edward leaving the ship continues to be a favorite scene. Have a better understanding of why she left so abruptly now. "Father person" inviting her to be a part of his life was what she was searching for. He put her in an orphanage at the age of six, and since then she'd been roaming aimlessly looking for a home.

Thought she found a home on the Bebop. But Jet, Faye and Spike never express to Edward that they are her family. They even initially try to abandon her before she hacks the ship and forces them to pick her up (subverted when she leaves - Edward uses the same hacked ship to meet her father). Their stubborness acts to drive her away in a sense, and the scene where Spike and Jet are binge eating eggs in frustration emphasizes their failure to communicate with each other.

149077946879879600_a580xH.jpg

one of the defining images of Bebop. It captures their poverty - boiled eggs are a gourmet meal as far as they're concerned, and a need for companionship that they struggle to admit. They gorge themselves to fill a hole left by their family abandoning them. But they'll be damned if they let anyone else know they're hurt.

When Ed is running towards the falling comets at the end of the episode its implied that she's chasing her father. she's a genius (and so is Ein who tags along with her) so she should be able to find him, find where she belongs and begin to carve out a niche for herself in life. It's a happy end to her character all things considered.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This new Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To ED has to be the most weaboo shyt ever, but that goddamn next level rotoscoping got me watching this shyt on repeat like :whoo:.

Plus how the fukk your ED got higher production value than most full shows? :damn:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
This new Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To ED has to be the most weaboo shyt ever, but that goddamn next level rotoscoping got me watching this shyt on repeat like :whoo:.

Plus how the fukk your ED got higher production value than most full shows? :damn:

holy shyt that's fluid :dwillhuh:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Why was I never put on to konosuba:russ::russ::russ:
This nikka Kazuma done made a case for being a GOAT MC and im only on episode 3 :mjlol:
Dragged that girl into the other world with him because she laughed at how he died:mjlol:
Stealing that girls panties and every nikka in the bar giving him the:obama:

Dog, Konosuba had me legit :laff: a whole lotta times

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
holy shyt that's fluid :dwillhuh:
Breh, my reaction to this the first time legit went like this:

What's this, an additional scene?:jbhmm:

Ooh, it's a new ED...:ehh:

Wait, hold up hold up. What's up with this animation?:dwillhuh:

Ayo, this rotoscoping is goddamn insane!:whoo:

Seriously, what the fukk is this sorcery?!:damn:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
for anybody wondering what me and @TheGodling are :whoo::gladbron::wow: ing about,

Compare this

to THIS

To be fair to Aku No Hana (which I know many people abhor because of the animation), the style was a deliberate artistic choice.

But if the rotoscoping in the Kaguya ED is the future of anime, then cryofreeze my ass right now.:wow:

Bucciarati Joestar

Honorary Joestar
Daps
Reppin
M O R I O H @ Tdot.
To be fair to Aku No Hana (which I know many people abhor because of the animation), the style was a deliberate artistic choice.

But if the rotoscoping in the Kaguya ED is the future of anime, then cryofreeze my ass right now.:wow:

Aku no Hana was too siiick. I appreciated the visuals...it somehow fit the tone.
...the ending op is scary and fire

:picard:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Aku no Hana was too siiick. I appreciated the visuals...it somehow fit the tone.
...the ending op is scary and fire

:picard:

Yeah, I love that show. It got bashed by tons of people on MAL when it first dropped but I think it also had one of the highest score increases as more people caught on to the show for what it really was.