Daps
I know that's why I want animes like this. I'm tired of shonens and their friendship no justus, I'm tired of that overflowing kindness, I'm tired of the "good will always prevail no matter what" motto. I just can't bear it anymore. I want more mature stuff. Stuff like Evangelion for example.
I'm rewatching Cowbob Bebop at the moment and that's pure piff. I know how it ends but still I really like the whole mood with some serious moments and some funny ones. Last EP I watched was the Mushroom Samba ep which was hilarious. It's lightyears ahead of shonens, quality wise.

Maybe. But I can't find any logic in Kuroko, it's fiction ultimately so it's just the way it is and that's that. But damn
- That Teppei-Kagami double block bullshyt against Mukkun
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

- Mukkun on the final counter only for his legs to stop working and him getting blocked by Kuroko's midget ass
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

- Kagami who is beyond his Zone time limit (once again !) but can extend his Zone time limit because friendship allow him to do so (once again !)
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

- Kagami making back to back blocks on the Mirage shot then on the Thor Jam
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

- Seirin once again many points behind in the last minutes but successfully managing to edge the game once again !
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif
Maybe I'm too grown up for that but it's just unbearable at this point.
I had faith that it was a different type of shonen when they first got trashed by Aomine's team and that, well, I thought that they'll win some, they'll lose some and thought it was actually great stuff. But now I haven't anymore at this point. I'm quitting :manny:

I actually laughed out loud at work after reading your complaints combined with the gifs.

I will admit some of the concepts they have are just absurd. Its very common for Shonen Main Characters to have a ridiculous abundance of whatever the anime considers "energy" for some reason. Naruto, Gon, Kagami , Ichigo. Yusuke, all fit this mold. So will Kagami do ridiculous things and somehow win even if he's supposed to lose? Absolutely, and he'll continue to do so lol.

I was going to recommend Mirai Nikki but you already mentioned it. Let me know if you find a good anime because i'm starving outchea too.

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I actually laughed out loud at work after reading your complaints combined with the gifs.

I will admit some of the concepts they have are just absurd. Its very common for main Shonen Main Characters to have a ridiculous abundance of whatever the anime considers "energy" for some reason. Naruto, Gon, Kagami , Ichigo. Yusuke, all fit this mold. So will Kagami do ridiculous things and somehow win even if he's supposed to lose? Absolutely, and he'll continue to do so lol.
Yeah I know and that's why I like One Piece because it's way more subtle.
What kills me with shonens is the senseless power-ups. Bleach is the king of that and at some point, it completely kills the vibe because there's always something the heros are hiding which will inevitably give them the edge. I'm now reading Bleach with the :beli: face because my only interest is to know how it ends. No pleasure whatsoever.

I was going to recommend Mirai Nikki but you already mentioned it. Let me know if you find a good anime because i'm starving outchea too.
I don't know about Mirai Nikki. Will try if interesting.
Some brehs recommended Space Dandy and Noragami a few pages back. I'm trying at the moment so I can't tell you if it's good or not but SD started really weird and the last ep I watched was where he found the rare kid alien and it was a little serious while most of the eps are full of fukkery. Noragami could be some serious stuff or the typical shonen stuff. Things are setting at the moment and it may take off soon but I'm not at that point so I won't recommend it yet.
Attack on Titan is good if you haven't seen it already.

Daps
I don't know about Mirai Nikki. Will try if interesting.
Some brehs recommended Space Dandy and Noragami a few pages back. I'm trying at the moment so I can't tell you if it's good or not but SD started really weird and the last ep I watched was where he found the rare kid alien and it was a little serious while most of the eps are full of fukkery. Noragami could be some serious stuff or the typical shonen stuff. Things are setting at the moment and it may take off soon but I'm not at that point so I won't recommend it yet.
Attack on Titan is good if you haven't seen it already.

Yeah I'm up on Titan...I watched Mirai Nikki and was pleased at the edgy-ness of it. Alliances and motives continue to be questioned throughout the entire series (which is very short) .

Other than that I have watched all the of popular titles shonen or otherwise. The only one I avoided was One Piece because my boy was overhyping it and because its very long but i'm starting it now.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I'm up on Titan...I watched Mirai Nikki and was pleased at the edgy-ness of it. Alliances and motives continue to be questioned throughout the entire series (which is very short) .

Other than that I have watched all the of popular titles shonen or otherwise. The only one I avoided was One Piece because my boy was overhyping it and because its very long but i'm starting it now.
I slept on One Piece when it started and caught the train late (around 5/6 years ago). I started because I knew somebody who had all the One Piece mangas and he lent them to me. I finished them with a quickness and now I'm addicted to the scantrads :sadcam:. But it's worth it. It's simply the GOAT. I hope you reading the manga instead of watching the anime because the animation and the voice overs are really poor from my POV.

Daps
I slept on One Piece when it started and caught the train late (around 5/6 years ago). I started because I knew somebody who had all the One Piece mangas and he lent them to me. I finished them with a quickness and now I'm addicted to the scantrads :sadcam:. But it's worth it. It's simply the GOAT. I hope you reading the manga instead of watching the anime because the animation and the voice overs are really poor from my POV.

I'm in the subbed anime right now. Might move over to the manga tho. Yeah I had people with very respectable opinions say it was goat so I had to check it out. I had people saying the same about bleach and naruto tho so I decided to spare myself all these years. Turns out I was wrong I can see already why it's called the GOAT as a series it does a lot of things correctly that most other shonens drop the ball on. Making me give a shyt about the characters at all was a great achievement on its own.

Sutter Kane

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know that's why I want animes like this. I'm tired of shonens and their friendship no justus, I'm tired of that overflowing kindness, I'm tired of the "good will always prevail no matter what" motto. I just can't bear it anymore. I want more mature stuff. Stuff like Evangelion for example.
I'm rewatching Cowbob Bebop at the moment and that's pure piff. I know how it ends but still I really like the whole mood with some serious moments and some funny ones. Last EP I watched was the Mushroom Samba ep which was hilarious. It's lightyears ahead of shonens, quality wise.

Maybe. But I can't find any logic in Kuroko, it's fiction ultimately so it's just the way it is and that's that. But damn
- That Teppei-Kagami double block bullshyt against Mukkun
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

- Mukkun on the final counter only for his legs to stop working and him getting blocked by Kuroko's midget ass
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

- Kagami who is beyond his Zone time limit (once again !) but can extend his Zone time limit because friendship allow him to do so (once again !)
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

- Kagami making back to back blocks on the Mirage shot then on the Thor Jam
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

- Seirin once again many points behind in the last minutes but successfully managing to edge the game once again !
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif
Maybe I'm too grown up for that but it's just unbearable at this point.
I had faith that it was a different type of shonen when they first got trashed by Aomine's team and that, well, I thought that they'll win some, they'll lose some and thought it was actually great stuff. But now I haven't anymore at this point. I'm quitting :manny:
Have you seen Shigurui or Steins Gate ,Psycho-Pass or Ergo Proxy there all decent in there own right at least IMO.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Have you seen Shigurui or Steins Gate ,Psycho-Pass or Ergo Proxy there all decent in there own right at least IMO.
Of all 4, I only saw Ergo Proxy which looked promising but was booooooooooooring. I'll check the other 3. Thanks.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Can't wait for Jojo. I'm gonna be busy a good deal of this weekend so probably won't watch it til Sunday or so. I was trying to re-watch season 1 before this season starts, but am only like a 1/4 through lol. I'll finish re-watching the rest next week.

No more Dandy for a while :sadcam: