TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
every time i look for some anime i nvr seen i'll look at some ppls "best anime" list and its usually on it :ehh:....then i go watch a trailer for it and instantly cant fuk with it :aicmon:...that and planetes (might've spelled that wrong) are two shows on ppls best list that i just cant see myself watching :manny:

A trailer can't do Mushishi justice. Watching a scene on Youtube can't do Mushishi justice. It's one of those shows that grows on you. I'll say it has to grow on you even. I know it really had to grow on me. It's one of those series that crawls under you skin without you realizing until it's a part of you.

And it's funny you bring up Planetes because that's a Top 5 anime for me as well. I can't really explain it in specifics because all of it is just amazing. A lot of the deeper messages about humanity in it are just :wow:

DMR

Killa
Daps
both Magi and Kuroko ended :to: :to: :to:

I want that 3rd seasons ASAP :birdman:

what will hold me down now besides One Piece? I need some new shounens recommendations brehs :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished Space Battleship Yamato 2199 :to:

Story stayed consistent throughout unlike most anime where it falls apart at the end.

:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If anybody is watching Toaru Hikūshi e no Koiuta (Pilot's Love Song) be warned you're in for a very unsatisfying ending. Apparently the light novels are still ongoing so the final conflict here isn't properly resolved. It also doesn't help that the next light novel doesn't have the same main characters in it and is told from the Sky Clan's perspective.

Just finished Space Battleship Yamato 2199 :to:

Story stayed consistent throughout unlike most anime where it falls apart at the end.

:wow:
WTF at the ending though. Felt like a cop out to me.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Initial D is really dope, it's like the Fast & Furious: anime style:myman:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If anybody is watching Toaru Hikūshi e no Koiuta (Pilot's Love Song) be warned you're in for a very unsatisfying ending. Apparently the light novels are still ongoing so the final conflict here isn't properly resolved. It also doesn't help that the next light novel doesn't have the same main characters in it and is told from the Sky Clan's perspective.

WTF at the ending though. Felt like a cop out to me.

the original from the 70s had more brutal endings :russ:

why did they let that bytch yuki mori patrol the ship whenever there was a battle? :yeshrug::beli::what:

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
both Magi and Kuroko ended :to: :to: :to:

I want that 3rd seasons ASAP :birdman:

what will hold me down now besides One Piece? I need some new shounens recommendations brehs :lupe:

If you liked kuroko you should like Ippo

• Dap
Reactions: DMR

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
About Kuroko Ep50 :
What was the point of making Mukkun enter the Zone if it was only for him to get dunked on and blocked by fukkin Kuroko :beli:
Just to show that he in fact loved basuke ? :beli:

Fukk this shyt. I've had enough of this kindness/friendship is beautiful/we are the world bullshyt that shonens produce lately. I need animes like Monster where everything is shades of grey. Any advice on that type of animes ?

Daps
About Kuroko Ep50 :
What was the point of making Mukkun enter the Zone if it was only for him to get dunked on and blocked by fukkin Kuroko :beli:
Just to show that he in fact loved basuke ? :beli:

Fukk this shyt. I've had enough of this kindness/friendship is beautiful/we are the world bullshyt that shonens produce lately. I need animes like Monster where everything is shades of grey. Any advice on that type of animes ?

This is real talk. This fundamentally what makes some of our classic stories so great. From Monster all the way to X-men. Grey areas create the best characters and good debates.

I also don't like the " I wanna get stronger/I will protect my friends/Killing is wrong" character motivations that most Shounens have, but I guess that's Shounens identity at this point.

Ep 50
I guess it could be argued that he is in a psuedo-zone almost the entire time, being the most naturally gifted out of them all, so maybe entering the zone wasn't as significant as it would be with the others?

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
monster isn't a shounen though....
I know that's why I want animes like this. I'm tired of shonens and their friendship no justus, I'm tired of that overflowing kindness, I'm tired of the "good will always prevail no matter what" motto. I just can't bear it anymore. I want more mature stuff. Stuff like Evangelion for example.
I'm rewatching Cowbob Bebop at the moment and that's pure piff. I know how it ends but still I really like the whole mood with some serious moments and some funny ones. Last EP I watched was the Mushroom Samba ep which was hilarious. It's lightyears ahead of shonens, quality wise.
[...]
Ep 50
I guess it could be argued that he is in a psuedo-zone almost the entire time, being the most naturally gifted out of them all, so maybe entering the zone wasn't as significant as it would be with the others?
Maybe. But I can't find any logic in Kuroko, it's fiction ultimately so it's just the way it is and that's that. But damn
- That Teppei-Kagami double block bullshyt against Mukkun
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

- Mukkun on the final counter only for his legs to stop working and him getting blocked by Kuroko's midget ass
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

- Kagami who is beyond his Zone time limit (once again !) but can extend his Zone time limit because friendship allow him to do so (once again !)
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

- Kagami making back to back blocks on the Mirage shot then on the Thor Jam
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

- Seirin once again many points behind in the last minutes but successfully managing to edge the game once again !
ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif
Maybe I'm too grown up for that but it's just unbearable at this point.
I had faith that it was a different type of shonen when they first got trashed by Aomine's team and that, well, I thought that they'll win some, they'll lose some and thought it was actually great stuff. But now I haven't anymore at this point. I'm quitting :manny: