Straw Hat Luffy

Superstar
Daps
Spring Break and then school put me out of the anime groove.

That first episode of the new FLCL brought me back though.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Finished Garo Vanishing Line

that last fight was fire:damn:

I don't usually like it when they put cgi in anime but I was surprised how well animated it was in the show:leon:

Fights didn't look like awkward PS2 cutscenes like some anime cgi scenes

Hope they make a season 2 or a movie there was soo much setup for the characters at the end it would be a waste for them to end it like that:mjcry:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I hope they do more remakes of older anime, I watched Ushio no Tora awhile back and it's been awhile since I was hyped to see to the next episode of something.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Finished Ashyta no Joe S1. The animation was so bad that I wouldn't fault anyone for dropping the anime because of that, needs a remake in the worst way to make the series more accessible. Narratively it's up there with the best coming of age stories ever told in anime, there just aren't many character arcs as moving as Joe Yabuki. You're watching a literal convict that extorts children and kicks homeless people transform into a man with purpose and ambition that strives to make something of himself even at the expense of his health. Like Ippo but even better at it, AnJ uses boxing as a vehicle for it's characters to grow as people and form meaningful connections in life. Without it, they'd be dead or incarcerated.

HnI is obviously more accessible with better production values, a more expansive character cast and has some great comedy outside of the ring (or sometimes inside with Aoki's gag routine). All of this makes me enjoy it more, but what it doesn't do is in show the worst case scenario of severe weight loss and brain damage. Like Takamura is completely broken in how he wins in spite of his handicaps and even fought and killed a bear for comedic effect. No one could get away with that in AnJ where it sacrifices comedy and epic outcomes for realism and boxers do die in the ring. The Rikishi Vs Joe match probably carries more weight than any single fight in HnI, because of the suffering in the build up and because of the gut punch in the end.

Joe is infinitely a better character than Ippo who is meant to be someone that relates to and inspires the viewer to do whatever in life if they commit to it, rather than undergoing an actual character arc. He's more or less the same guy he was a thousand chapters ago, whereas Joe is hardly recognizable at a certain point in the story.

Supposedly season 2 is even better and the animation improves a lot. I know what happens in the end and it's not hard to see coming considering how many times Joe has gotten concussed already. Once ate an uppercut so hard his mouthpiece hit the ceiling of a stadium.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
What this ushio to tora do brehs? First 4 episodes and I'm intrigued. Worth it or am I wasting my time?

It's worth it. I had watched the original which is pretty old but I liked it then, the remastered is even better and has a great ending. It was like Inuyasha without all the filler and angsty romance.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Huozuki no Reitsu season two :wow:

OPM season two :wow:

New Boku no Hero :thumbsup:

New SNK :salute:

New Evangeleon :lupe:

New Code geASS :scust:

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
ReLife is such an amazing show. It's a shame they couldn't do a longer full adaptation of it.
vastly underrated

I'm a big HOOPs fan so I'm giving Slam Dunk try, like it so far but I cant find a site that has it in Dub passed episode 14. Is there even one?

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Watched the first two episodes of Dragon Ball last night, clearly the show is different from my memory

Bulma is lowkey the main character (never really
thought about that)

The Opening song and Ending theme opened the nostalgic portal in my soul :wow:

I remember hearing those songs :mjcry:

Like i was transported back to 2002 in the night on a saturday watching Toonami , the overwhelming feeling
of nostalgia is nothing to play with:wow: