Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My friend has been begging me to watch Clannad and I did and hated it so I decided to give it another try and it's gotten so much better after like 20 episodes. on After Story and still holding up, I heard this anime is extremely sad

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
That chick was like you have 30 minutes to accept the challenge and pick your best three fighters. Then Mika blasts off. He throws his wrench hammer...I'm watching like...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
"B: The Beginning" is quite good. i'm on episode 3.

apparently it was made by the dude that made the animation segments in Kill Bill and was animation director for the goat Samurai Champloo

:krs:

Might have to check it out

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished "B: The Beginning" its aight.

action is cool but story telling was all over the place. Show would have been better if it was strictly a detective-serial killer cat and mouse series and didn't have that supernatural/gods plotline they crammed in there. It almost feels like they threw that convoluted story line in there just to showcase cool fighting scenes and choreographies.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Marathonned the rest of B - The Beginning since I was off work.

Far better than I expected. It felt..... very..... You know how you watch regular TV and then you watch cable primetime drama and it just feels more... adult?

This literally felt like a Netflix anime. There ARE two main story threads, but you could prolly take the Keith Flick part and make a weird police procedure anime out of it, would have a primetime hit that non-anime fan adults would watch. It kinda reminded me of Monster for some reason. Anybody else notice how the main female protagonist, Lily, is more anime typical like drawn as compared to the rest of the more realistic cast? Makes her stand out more. Slick shyt.

The more "regular anime" thread featuring Koku ain't no slouch either.

It all ties together nicely, beautifully animated, even though the character designs for the main bad guys (Koku, the deuteragonist with his blade arm, too) are kinda...... eh. Still and all, pretty cool.

Good enough to make me marathon it, at least.

4.25/5.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Just finished "B: The Beginning" its aight.

action is cool but story telling was all over the place. Show would have been better if it was strictly a detective-serial killer cat and mouse series and didn't have that supernatural/gods plotline they crammed in there. It almost feels like they threw that convoluted story line in there just to showcase cool fighting scenes and choreographies.

:heh: didn't read this before I posted my review.

I do feel like that.

The Keith Flick part of the show on it's own would have made this great.

The Koku part (plus the fact you REALLY don't know who's who, since no one in flashbacks are given names, and no names are really used in the present.... yeah) actually made me rate the show lower.