Straw Hat Luffy

Superstar
Daps
I mean I get it, but there were quite a few episodes I thought had nothing to do with the overall plot, I guess the beauty of the show is each person has a different interpretation of it. I felt the actual story was interesting and they built the show differently then I would. I didn't need a few episodes.

Champloo IMO I can see the filler still being a connect and development of the 3 characters and the overall story more than bebop
isn't there a baseball episode that connects to nothing or am i thinking of a different series?

The anime Cowboy Bebop came first before the manga adaption. So there is no filler.

The manga for Champloo came first so whatever is filler in the anime is filler.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
isn't there a baseball episode that connects to nothing or am i thinking of a different series?

The anime Cowboy Bebop came first before the manga adaption. So there is no filler.

The manga for Champloo came first so whatever is filler in the anime is filler.
Yea the infamous baseball episode, but even still it did have a sub plot that was showcased throughout the series which was about historical Japan and the Edo Period. Like I said Filler isn't bad, it just Was too much in Bebop. Ok we don't have to use the word "filler" since it's actual content, what I'm saying is it had too much pointless episodes I felt personally bebop did

Straw Hat Luffy

Superstar
Daps
Yea the infamous baseball episode, but even still it did have a sub plot that was showcased throughout the series which was about historical Japan and the Edo Period. Like I said Filler isn't bad, it just Was too much in Bebop. Ok we don't have to use the word "filler" since it's actual content, what I'm saying is it had too much pointless episodes I felt personally bebop did

I disagree.

I had the same thought when I was a lot younger. But now I finally understand all the adult theme orientated episodes that hide under this episodic series.
I understand it but at the same time I still don't. Because its still so much to sit down and think about from one episode.
This series on the surface is simple but the darkness and sadness that comes from each episode is deep. Which is why yesterday I said that its weird all of us who praise Bebop associate the show with good times when there are very few good happy ending episodes in this series, if none.

People like to assume the series is about Spike finding Julia and dealing with Vicious. And what people don't realize only about 5 episodes actually cover that story in this 26 episodic series. The series ends with Spike dying so people just assume that's what this was all about. It's much simpler than that.
This show is really on the surface just about bounty hunters looking for criminals. And in this adventure there are episodes where each character deals with their past or where they actually look for bounties that honestly have dark themes as well if you sit and think about them all.

Only one episode I really can't defend or show how they went after a bounty or even how it relates to a dark adult theme. And that was the toys in the attic episode. Still fun episode though.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
I mean I get it, but there were quite a few episodes I thought had nothing to do with the overall plot, I guess the beauty of the show is each person has a different interpretation of it. I felt the actual story was interesting and they built the show differently then I would. I didn't need a few episodes.

Champloo IMO I can see the filler still being a connect and development of the 3 characters and the overall story more than bebop

To each their own I suppose. I just don't think Bebop is Bebop without those stand alone episodes that may seem pointless on the surface but are actually really important to the story.

Take Session #17 "Mushroom Samba" for instance. Seems like just an episode about the crew getting high, when it's really emphasizing how dirt poor they are (according to Faye, they hadn't eaten anything in two whole days) and uses the hallucinations to explore the characters conscious.

We see Spike walking up a flight of stairs - symbolic of moving on from your past and making progress towards your future. This is what Spike struggles to do in his life.

ArEcsr0.png

This is reversed in the final scene of the anime where Spike is going down a flight of stairs towards the mob syndicate he once left behind. He chose not to move on from his past. He confronted it.

252f692fec2ccac890e70ec06b46988cacf8eb2e_hq.jpg

Not a coincidence. This is great writing.

Only real difference I see with Champloo is that it's a more straightforward and easier to understand. Wouldn't necessarily say that it does a better job of character development.

Straw Hat Luffy

Superstar
Daps
To each their own I suppose. I just don't think Bebop is Bebop without those stand alone episodes that may seem pointless on the surface but are actually really important to the story.

Take Session #17 "Mushroom Samba" for instance. Seems like just an episode about the crew getting high, when it's really emphasizing how dirt poor they are (according to Faye, they hadn't eaten anything in two whole days) and uses the hallucinations to explore the characters conscious.

We see Spike walking up a flight of stairs - symbolic of moving on from your past and making progress towards your future. This is what Spike struggles to do in his life.

ArEcsr0.png

This is reversed in the final scene of the anime where Spike is going down a flight of stairs towards the mob syndicate he once left behind. He chose not to move on from his past. He confronted it.

252f692fec2ccac890e70ec06b46988cacf8eb2e_hq.jpg

Not a coincidence. This is great writing.

Only real difference I see with Champloo is that it's a more straightforward and easier to understand. Wouldn't necessarily say that it does a better job of character development.

Plus Ed went to claim the bounty on dudes head so technically they are doing their jobs

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
@Consumed yea straight forward is a better word about Champloo, I do appreciate your POV of Bebop as it's another POV to take into account for the annual rewatch as Bebop is one of the few that you learn something EVERY time you watch it.
I disagree.

I understand it but at the same time I still don't. Because its still so much to sit down and think about from one episode.
This series on the surface is simple but the darkness and sadness that comes from each episode is deep. Which is why yesterday I said that its weird all of us who praise Bebop associate the show with good times when there are very few good happy ending episodes in this series, if none.

People like to assume the series is about Spike finding Julia and dealing with Vicious. And what people don't realize only about 5 episodes actually cover that story in this 26 episodic series. The series ends with Spike dying so people just assume that's what this was all about. It's much simpler than that.
This show is really on the surface just about bounty hunters looking for criminals. And in this adventure there are episodes where each character deals with their past or where they actually look for bounties that honestly have dark themes as well if you sit and think about them all.

Only one episode I really can't defend or show how they went after a bounty or even how it relates to a dark adult theme. And that was the toys in the attic episode. Still fun episode though.
See that's another thing ( let me say this is just nit picking, I think Bebop is excellent and a 9/10 anime, it's just these issues IMO keep it from being THE GREATEST EVA for me) I didn't find it THAT DEEP. I understood and appreciated adult themes, but I didn't feel it was that SAD or depressed. There are few other shows such as NHK, NGE that I did feel legit sadness watching, but not bebop

Straw Hat Luffy

Superstar
Daps
@Consumed yea straight forward is a better word about Champloo, I do appreciate your POV of Bebop as it's another POV to take into account for the annual rewatch as Bebop is one of the few that you learn something EVERY time you watch it.

See that's another thing ( let me say this is just nit picking, I think Bebop is excellent and a 9/10 anime, it's just these issues IMO keep it from being THE GREATEST EVA for me) I didn't find it THAT DEEP. I understood and appreciated adult themes, but I didn't feel it was that SAD or depressed. There are few other shows such as NHK, NGE that I did feel legit sadness watching, but not bebop
That's fair we all have different taste. You still think its a 9/10. That's good for me.

I'm a about to rewatch NGE soon when I get the chance. Honestly NGE might be deeper. Everything about it is just wow.

We got lucky with anime man. I be on campus and people be loving them pointless love romantic anime comedies now with no deep meaning.
:hhh::camby: like this what hot in the streets?

i might just be dusty but only a couple of series from this generation only worth a damn

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I'm reading the manga to dragon ball from the freiza saga to the cell saga and its brazy how much filler the anime added:mindblown:

The manga has very little exposition the pacing is quick af the complete opposite of what Z was:heh:
Yeah that is what Kai is for.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Brehs!!!

why I got a Japanese station on GoogleTV (that’s my cable as I don’t have Spectrum or DirecTV no more) and there is a music show where the music artist of anime’s sing their intro songs on stage in front of a live audience with a live band.

And of course the intro vid plays in the background.

This kinda dope. When I turned to it, the group that did the Attack of Titans song was signing.

This shyt is..... weirdly entertaining

It’s called “Songs of Tokyo”

Martha