Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Hero academia is only 12 episodes per season, one piece is ongoing and then it's all about profits. People will still watch it so they spent less on production, same goes for naruto.

Imagine an ongoing anime with the production value of Hero academia or attack on titan :wow:
Also production value of some of these animes if off the chart I remember afro samurai had a production cost of 1 MILL PER EPISODE. And that's cool and all but they need to atleast recoup it or double their money to even consider undertaking such a thing.

Hero academia manga is selling good and it's good manga so they can ball out :wow:because it will only have a positive effect on sales. I started reading it because of the tournament arc and I wanted to know what happens next instead of waiting weeks for the izuku vs shoto (which even in the manga is :wow:at sound and special effects :banderas:) now I'm hooked that's how the game goes:yeshrug:
What do you think of the production of Quan Zhi Gao Shou? so far it's on ep 8 it's a Chinese anime it may go beyond 12 eps.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
one piece is plumb fukking stupid right now :francis:, why is this bytch so big.. :hhh:

this show use to be piff before the dam time skip :smh:

The Big Mom arc is the best arc since the time skip by far. While the anime doesn't do it any favors by dragging things out so much it is One Piece at its absolute best.

peppe

Superstar
Daps
What do you think of the production of Quan Zhi Gao Shou? so far it's on ep 8 it's a Chinese anime it may go beyond 12 eps.

When I first saw it was I was like :ohhh: then I heard the chinese voices and I was like well see ya:troll:
But I was like I should give it a chance because it looked very good and it is, the only thing that imho they haven't got right is the vocals.

There isn't much depth in their vocals as there is with japanese ones, apart from that as a first high production cartoon they nailed it :ehh:. It's also different from current animes where it's always about school kids here they are grownups which makes it more interesting.

The novel of Quan Zhi Gao Shou is also pretty popular and I think that china was like let's show japan what we can do and went all out on production.

The problem with high production costs is that not many studios dare to take the risk, if your making an animation from a novel/light novel/manga then you hope to get that money back from merchandise and sales. That's also the reason why there are so few original anime series because there is no merchandise or paper sales to begin with and then they need the blu ray to sell well and in this digital aga thats a hard thing to pull of.

Cross ange was a original anime and did well in dvd sales as in the studio made back all of the costs but still didn't go for a s2. Most rather play safe then to take risks :francis:

EDIT: Started watching no game no life, imma like this :ohhh::wow:

Last edited:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
When I first saw it was I was like :ohhh: then I heard the chinese voices and I was like well see ya:troll:
But I was like I should give it a chance because it looked very good and it is, the only thing that imho they haven't got right is the vocals.

There isn't much depth in their vocals as there is with japanese ones, apart from that as a first high production cartoon they nailed it :ehh:. It's also different from current animes where it's always about school kids here they are grownups which makes it more interesting.

The novel of Quan Zhi Gao Shou is also pretty popular and I think that china was like let's show japan what we can do and went all out on production.

The problem with high production costs is that not many studios dare to take the risk, if your making an animation from a novel/light novel/manga then you hope to get that money back from merchandise and sales. That's also the reason why there are so few original anime series because there is no merchandise or paper sales to begin with and then they need the blu ray to sell well and in this digital aga thats a hard thing to pull of.

Cross ange was a original anime and did well in dvd sales as in the studio made back all of the costs but still didn't go for a s2. Most rather play safe then to take risks :francis:

EDIT: Started watching no game no life, imma like this :ohhh::wow:

Everything you said was spot on. For me, the production is great especially for a Chinese anime that is competing with Japanese competitors.The voice acting is quite lackluster, they really need to hire a Japanese cast as soon as possible. The studio managed to get a sponsorship from McDonald's that's pretty good so far. How much do you think Quan Zhi Gao Shou production cost?

Thierry Henry

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Emirates Stadium
Can y'all help me out with the name of an anime? I don't remember what it was called, but I do remember it aired on cartoon network. I believe it was a movie and it was a little girl who worked at a bakery with her family or something like that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I loved Cross Ange. Usually if Nana Mizuki plays the lead character it'll be a good show. She picks her roles well.

peppe

Superstar
Daps
Everything you said was spot on. For me, the production is great especially for a Chinese anime that is competing with Japanese competitors.The voice acting is quite lackluster, they really need to hire a Japanese cast as soon as possible. The studio managed to get a sponsorship from McDonald's that's pretty good so far. How much do you think Quan Zhi Gao Shou production cost?

No idea breh, like always those things stay a mystery for common folks like us.

I should have known, started no game no life not because of the hype but because someone mentioned it in a youtube video. Started watching and I knew it was gonna be good:wow: Then I saw the production studio: Madhouse and I knew I was going to get fukked :mjgrin: 12 episodes in 1 day, the anime is straight fire so I thought maybe a s2 will come soon.:ohhh: Anime was released in 2014 FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU:mjlol::mjcry:.

At least we get a movie but how does shyt like this not get a sequel? Owari no seraph got 24 episodes and it no where near on par with this anime, fukk you madhouse.:damn:

Also shiro's voice goddamn Ai Kayano the gawd when it comes to that kind of voice acting.

Last edited:

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
My dumb ass thought if I started the dub version of Naruto now I'd eventually catch up with the original since it's finished. Come to discover I'm 2 years behind. :dead:

If Naruto's a completely different person in the Japanese version like Goku is in Super I minus well take a hiatus until these slow b*stards finally catch up. :snoop:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
18620328_1326160424088506_5407720097003131349_n.jpg