Consumed

Superstar
Daps
So much shyt going on in Revolutionary Girl Utena. 30 episodes in I've never seen an anime so clever at using symbols and metaphors to point to a bigger picture. Now I understand why it's considered a classic deconstruction and the shojo version of Neon Genesis (although I'd argue not even NGE tops this level of literal fukkery)

1997 just may be the best year of anime ever

Cowboy Bebop
End of Evangelion
Princess Mononoke
Berserk
Rurouni Kenshin
Detective Conan
Conclusion of Legend of the Galactic Heroes
and Revolutionary Girl Utena

Daps
Reppin
SN1
I'm watching Little Busters. Key doesn't know how to make anything that isn't Clannad do they? It's an alright show to pass the time and I'm surprised it's even decent as a combination of Key and JC Staff. Seems like they purposely picked the most annoying English voice actors in the game though for the main cast.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
So much shyt going on in Revolutionary Girl Utena. 30 episodes in I've never seen an anime so clever at using symbols and metaphors to point to a bigger picture. Now I understand why it's considered a classic deconstruction and the shojo version of Neon Genesis (although I'd argue not even NGE tops this level of literal fukkery)

the mixture of :banderas: and :demonic: I still get whenever this pops into my head.

Daps
Reppin
SN1
then why is this touted as one of the best gundam series :what:?

lowkey hate hype shyt like that :aicmon:
I never seen it hyped like that outside of this thread to be honest but if it is, probably because a lot of people don't really fukk with 80's anime like that (myself included).

A lot of the most hyped and supposed best anime is terrible and a lot of the supposed worst anime is actually good. I can't trust anybodies opinions but my own after 1/10 trash like Clannad: After Story got a 9/10 on MAL. My advice is don't listen to hype, don't look at scores, just watch whatever looks like it has good art and an interesting plot summary.

If you don't like IBO, give Thunderbolt and 00 a try if you haven't seen them. If you like one of them try one of the classics, maybe G Gundam. That's pretty much all the Gundam I've seen (not counting SD Gundam) so I don't know too much about the older ones. I should really watch Turn A Gundam and Gundam Seed at least.

AWW MAN. IT WAS BAD?
Terrible but I'm not much of a Seven Deadly Sins fan in the first place.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
It's another testament to how subtlely layered the show is, how when the show starts it's kids singing the shyt, and it gets more orchestrated with adults singing it as the show progresses and Utena matures.

:ohhh:Never picked up on that. Noticed the stairs were a symbol for her walking towards adolescence and how it changes to an elevator around the time Akio is introduced

Still have no idea what Miki's stop watch meant. anime goes out of it's way to fukk with you it feels, like that episode where there were random hands pointing to symbols around the room that we should take note of.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:ohhh:Never picked up on that. Noticed the stairs were a symbol for her walking towards adolescence and how it changes to an elevator around the time Akio is introduced

Still have no idea what Miki's stop watch meant. anime goes out of it's way to fukk with you it feels, like that episode where there were random hands pointing to symbols around the room that we should take note of.

:heh: man, it's still stuff in that show that even I have no idea what it means. It's like the show itself being full of allegories is a huge allegory for..... something.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm watching Little Busters. Key doesn't know how to make anything that isn't Clannad do they? It's an alright show to pass the time and I'm surprised it's even decent as a combination of Key and JC Staff. Seems like they purposely picked the most annoying English voice actors in the game though for the main cast.
I watched both seasons of this and I thought it was meh. I won't say what the plot twist is but I thought it was dumb. I'd say Charlotte is better and that's not a complement.