Daps
Reppin
SN1
This arc goes from light novel vol 9 to vol 18. All the previous arcs were 1-9 so you're basically saying they should stop making the series all together.

Vol 9 came out in 2012 vol 18 in August of last year. That's 4 years worth of plot. They're not throwing that out.
What competent writer would leave out their second main character for four years worth of plot, especially when probably half the people watching are doing so for the romance she's involved in? I would rather they not make the series at all than continue without Asuna yes I thought I made that clear. They had Gun Gale Online already for that and it was an awful 13 episodes or so without Asuna, then they did Mother's Rosario and Asuna and Yuuki's friendship saved the season.

An entire season of Kirito without Asuna would be unbearable, especially if it's longer than the first two seasons. There isn't any reason to leave Asuna out either so I'm hoping your wrong for now. I don't want to throw one of my favorite shows in the :trash: but it'll belong there if they cast Asuna a side for 20+ episodes. She's the only reason to watch now that Yuuki won't be around. The fact that we're even talking about Asuna possibly not being in another arc is :mindblown:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Mugi is in way over his head and the bad part about it is he knows it but he's still in anyway.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What competent writer would leave out their second main character for four years worth of plot, especially when probably half the people watching are doing so for the romance she's involved in? I would rather they not make the series at all than continue without Asuna yes I thought I made that clear. They had Gun Gale Online already for that and it was an awful 13 episodes or so without Asuna, then they did Mother's Rosario and Asuna and Yuuki's friendship saved the season.

An entire season of Kirito without Asuna would be unbearable, especially if it's longer than the first two seasons. There isn't any reason to leave Asuna out either so I'm hoping your wrong for now. I don't want to throw one of my favorite shows in the :trash: but it'll belong there if they cast Asuna a side for 20+ episodes. She's the only reason to watch now that Yuuki won't be around. The fact that we're even talking about Asuna possibly not being in another arc is :mindblown:
Asuna is still around she's just not a focus of the arc. It has it's new characters. You basically sound like you want them to go back and do the first arc again. I found the best aspects of the first arc to be trapped in a life or death MMO not the romance which is unfortunately what the original arc turned into. The focus on romance was the downfall of the series to me.

Daps
Reppin
SN1
Asuna is still around she's just not a focus of the arc. It has it's new characters. You basically sound like you want them to go back and do the first arc again. I found the best aspects of the first arc to be trapped in a life or death MMO not the romance which is unfortunately what the original arc turned into. The focus on romance was the downfall of the series to me.
No I want to see Asuna and Kirito romance in the real world at school and all that I don't care about the MMO bullshyt. The romance was the highlight of the series besides maybe Asuna and Yuuki's friendship in the last arc.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No I want to see Asuna and Kirito romance in the real world at school and all that I don't care about the MMO bullshyt.
you might wanna drop this series. the entire thing is about the main character playing MMOs with every arc being a different MMO. There are better romance shows than this anyway that actually focus on romance. You're never gonna get what you want out of this like all the Naruto watchers that shipped Naruto and Hinata or Naruto and Sakura and hoped the series would properly address their ship wars.

Daps
Reppin
SN1
you might wanna drop this series. the entire thing is about the main character playing MMOs with every arc being a different MMO. There are better romance shows than this anyway that actually focus on romance. You're never gonna get what you want out of this like all the Naruto watchers that shipped Naruto and Hinata or Naruto and Sakura and hoped the series would properly address their ship wars.
You didn't watch season 2 did you? I believe you said you didn't so you would of missed most of the real world stuff.

The whole point is Kirito and Asuna's romance, this is nothing like Naruto. The MMO was just to get the action fans to watch it.

They meet in the virtual world

They fall in love in the virtual world, get "married" etc

The virtual world ends, they meet in the real world

They start dating in the real world

and that's it? Everyone's waiting to see them fall in love in the real world. They ended season 2 by finding a way to bring Yui to the real world so they can start their family again together. Showing their romance in the real world is the next logical step in the story and what everyone is waiting for. Going back to MMO shyt at this point wouldn't make sense.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You didn't watch season 2 did you? I believe you said you didn't so you would of missed most of the real world stuff.

The whole point is Kirito and Asuna's romance, this is nothing like Naruto. The MMO was just to get the action fans to watch it.

They meet in the virtual world

They fall in love in the virtual world, get "married" etc

The virtual world ends, they meet in the real world

They start dating in the real world

and that's it? Everyone's waiting to see them fall in love in the real world. They ended season 2 by finding a way to bring Yui to the real world so they can start their family again together. Showing their romance in the real world is the next logical step in the story and what everyone is waiting for. Going back to MMO shyt at this point wouldn't make sense.
Sword Art Online is about Kirito playing MMOs. You can break the arcs down by which MMO he's playing.

This isn't a slice of life romance and its never going to be one. The entire premise was sold to fans with the MMO aspect.

You'll also find at the root of all the hate the show gets is because for a while it got sidetracked with romance shenanigans. The rest of the hate is because the main character is a generic self inset Gary Stu with no real flaws women randomly fall in love with him and he's overpowered in all the games he plays.

I'm saying there are better pure romances hell even clones of this show like "is it wrong to pick up chicks in a dungeon" do much of what it does better IMO and Log Horizon handles trapped in an MMO politics and life better.

Personally I would welcome a season that drops the romance focus and has real challenges and danger for the main character. They seriously need to nerf him. Most of all the cpu program daughter needs to go away.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Sword Art Online is about Kirito playing MMOs. You can break the arcs down by which MMO he's playing.

This isn't a slice of life romance and its never going to be one. The entire premise was sold to fans with the MMO aspect.

You'll also find at the root of all the hate the show gets is because for a while it got sidetracked with romance shenanigans. The rest of the hate is because the main character is a generic self inset Gary Stu with no real flaws women randomly fall in love with him and he's overpowered in all the games he plays.

I'm saying there are better pure romances hell even clones of this show like "is it wrong to pick up chicks in a dungeon" do much of what it does better IMO and Log Horizon handles trapped in an MMO politics and life better.

Personally I would welcome a season that drops the romance focus and has real challenges and danger for the main character. They seriously need to nerf him. Most of all the cpu program daughter needs to go away.
I thought it was about MMOs mixing and blending in with real life.

Started off with stuck in MMO story then turned into a real life MMO blending together at the end and continued that in season 2.

Kiroto plays a game then he finds danger, love and friends on the MMO which changes his real life forever and each MMO blends into real life differently

In that case their romance would be needed because his relationship with her is the biggest result of the MMO lifestyle blending into his real life.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dip in and out of the super thread on here seems like brehs are legit feeling it could just be nostalgia tho .:yeshrug: I only read the responses to each ep I don't watch that shyt and from what I'm reading it sounds fukken dumb
Are people actually watching Dragonball Super and enjoying it or is that just some inside joke I'm not aware of? :patrice:

Bruh :dead:

I remember popping into that thread and reading a multiple paragraph disseration on an episode and all these posts hyping it up .

So I watch the episode and the plot was goku wanted to fight an intergalactic assassin so bad, he hired the assassin to kill himself. :dwillhuh: I just stopped checking for the thread after that, don't wanna fukk up the vibe.

Dragonball as a whole aged badly, Super just kinda exposes it. It's kinda like how females are like "I don't know what yall seen in that Dragonballz shyt :dame: " about the show back in the day when we were kids. Now that I'm older I see how the plot kind of drifts aimlessly from fight to fight and all the filler. And Super is just and uglier, campier version of the same thing

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo 🕊️11-20-2014🕊️
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx
Saga of Tanya the evil(hope I said it right)

Watching nikkas get murked by a grown man in a 9 year old girls body unbeknownst to anybody is very entertaining. Give it a chance.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I dip in and out of the super thread on here seems like brehs are legit feeling it could just be nostalgia tho .:yeshrug: I only read the responses to each ep I don't watch that shyt and from what I'm reading it sounds fukken dumb

It's purely nostalgia and habit for me