winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You didn't know people still liked SAO? It's one of the most popular anime today and its last arc was its best, of course people still like it. It's my second favorite anime ever due to how amazing it can be at its best. At times its not great, I hated the GGO arc but they made up for it with Mother's Rosario.

Nothing of significance ever happened between Kirito and anyone other than Asuna so I'm not sure where this idea he has a harem comes from. Sure Leafa likes him and he's flirted with Sinon once or twice but he's dating Asuna in season 2 so its not much of a harem.

Accel World was decent at times but I hated the main male character even more than I hate Kirito and thats saying something. The romance felt forced in Accel World unlike SAO and there wasn't any great friendships like Asuna and Yuuki. There wasn't any penalty for death like there was in Aincrad. To me Accel World is a poor mans SAO at best.
I never made it to Mother's Rosario. I dropped it after GGO which was decent at best. Kirito has an anime harem of the loli chick, his cousin, the blacksmith chick, and Asuna.

Him dating Asuna has nothing to do with his harem. Reference Ai Yori Aoshi if you want to see a show with a main character that has a girlfriend and the anime still has a harem. Reference Shuffle's anime if you want to see another example where there was a harem one of the girls won and the harem continued. Mahoraba is another example.

Accel World is better than SAO to me because of the main character. The guy is a fat, ugly, short, loser that fights to overcome that. Kirito is a garbage self-insert lead with virtually no personality who is perfect at everything and has all the best skills. Asuna is just about as bad she's his Edward Cullen a perfect idealized person of the opposite sex who exist only to love the main character. Their lil program daughter and fake family they had made me wanna puke.

Sure Kuroyukihime is in the same mold as Kirito and Asuna but the fact that she's in love with that crybaby loser of a main character is a far more interesting dynamic than what SAO offers. That being said I hear Kirito gets brought down drastically in the arcs of SAO that haven't been animated the romance is almost entirely removed from the focus too so it may get better. Having a main character that's the default best with no real struggle is kinda boring.

Daps
Reppin
SN1
I never made it to Mother's Rosario. I dropped it after GGO which was decent at best. Kirito has an anime harem of the loli chick, his cousin, the blacksmith chick, and Asuna.

Him dating Asuna has nothing to do with his harem. Reference Ai Yori Aoshi if you want to see a show with a main character that has a girlfriend and the anime still has a harem. Reference Shuffle's anime if you want to see another example where there was a harem one of the girls won and the harem continued. Mahoraba is another example.

Accel World is better than SAO to me because of the main character. The guy is a fat, ugly, short, loser that fights to overcome that. Kirito is a garbage self-insert lead with virtually no personality who is perfect at everything and has all the best skills. Asuna is just about as bad she's his Edward Cullen a perfect idealized person of the opposite sex who exist only to love the main character. Their lil program daughter and fake family they had made me wanna puke.

Sure Kuroyukihime is in the same mold as Kirito and Asuna but the fact that she's in love with that crybaby loser of a main character is a far more interesting dynamic than what SAO offers. That being said I hear Kirito gets brought down drastically in the arcs of SAO that haven't been animated the romance is almost entirely removed from the focus too so it may get better. Having a main character that's the default best with no real struggle is kinda boring.
You missed the best arc then.

Asuna does not exist to love Kirito anymore than Kuroyukihime exists to love Haruyuki. Asuna makes it farther in the game in the first arc than Kirito does until they become a party. I wish they would have shown more of Asuna on her own before merging her story with Kirito's. Mother's Rosario is all about Asuna and Yuuki with almost zero Kirito in the whole arc. She's just a normal cute girl thats badass in video game worlds. I don't see whats wrong with that or how being different from that would be any better, but who she is in the real world is explored much more during Mother's Rosario, which you didn't watch. Being a gold digger or a bytch wouldn't improve her character so I don't get how being "perfect" is a bad thing.

Getting married and adopting a kid is a fake family? They make great strides in becoming a family in real life at the end of season 2 but you wouldn't know that since you dropped it. Kirito never once does anything romantic or sexual with any other woman. I've watched plenty of harems, Kirito doesn't have one. If he did it would be Asuna and Leafa thats it. Sinon and the other girls never showed any interest in him

The crybaby loser in Accel World is what made me wanna throw up. All he does is pity and hate himself constantly. If he had become a confident guy by the end of the series that would be one thing, but he doesn't change much at all as the show progresses.

Removing the romance entirely would only make SAO a lot worse. My favorite part of season 1 was Asuna, Kirito, and Yui living together in that house and I was disappointed in season 2's lack of romance as it is. I agree that its boring that Kirito was always the strongest character and typically never loses, but he has lost before (again, in Mother's Rosario) and it happens in every shounen for the most part the MC never loses so its not a SAO specific problem

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm bout to polish off the first season of IBO but McGillis is such a dirtbag. The kinda guy that plays all situations from every side and smiles a condescending smile to your face as the dagger slides in your back. Best Gundam Antagonist since Zechs.

edit: episode 23 and Mika is an animal.
this is one of the most despicable things I've ever seen a Gundam protagonist do.

Last edited:

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
I'm almost finished with FMA: Brotherhood. Cot damn this is the most piff anime series I've ever seen, once I got into it I couldn't stop because every ep ends on a wild cliffhanger. I saw the OG series in HS but this is better in every aspect. The world building, characters, music, plot twists, this shyt will have you pondering the meaning of life...

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Fullmetal Alchemist fans, is the original not as good as Brotherhood or is that mostly artificial bullshyt/hype? Which one should I watch?.

Both, but Brotherhood is the better overall product that follows the source material from start to finish. More characters, larger scale, satisfying conclusion, better animation. Maybe the best TV anime ever made

The original gets extremely dark after diverging from the manga (which wasn't far enough for a full anime adaptation at the time) and has some of the more memorable gut punches I can remember in anime. To me it hits harder at the most dramatic moments and is still worth watching as an alternative storyline since it's so different.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Both, but Brotherhood is the better overall product that follows the source material from start to finish. More characters, larger scale, satisfying conclusion, better animation. Maybe the best TV anime ever made

The original gets extremely dark after diverging from the manga (which wasn't far enough for a full anime adaptation at the time) and has some of the more memorable gut punches I can remember in anime. To me it hits harder at the most dramatic moments and is still worth watching as an alternative storyline since it's so different.
If you're going to watch both you'd be better viewing the original before Brotherhood because Brotherhood makes the original seem like crap in comparison. Also in some aspects Brotherhood assumes you've seen the original because the parts of the plot they both share Brotherhood skips some of it.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I started Trickster last night

I'm really digging it. I'm also half way through Monster, its amazing how no episode really feels like filler

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
You missed the best arc then.

Asuna does not exist to love Kirito anymore than Kuroyukihime exists to love Haruyuki. Asuna makes it farther in the game in the first arc than Kirito does until they become a party. I wish they would have shown more of Asuna on her own before merging her story with Kirito's. Mother's Rosario is all about Asuna and Yuuki with almost zero Kirito in the whole arc. She's just a normal cute girl thats badass in video game worlds. I don't see whats wrong with that or how being different from that would be any better, but who she is in the real world is explored much more during Mother's Rosario, which you didn't watch. Being a gold digger or a bytch wouldn't improve her character so I don't get how being "perfect" is a bad thing.

Getting married and adopting a kid is a fake family? They make great strides in becoming a family in real life at the end of season 2 but you wouldn't know that since you dropped it. Kirito never once does anything romantic or sexual with any other woman. I've watched plenty of harems, Kirito doesn't have one. If he did it would be Asuna and Leafa thats it. Sinon and the other girls never showed any interest in him

The crybaby loser in Accel World is what made me wanna throw up. All he does is pity and hate himself constantly. If he had become a confident guy by the end of the series that would be one thing, but he doesn't change much at all as the show progresses.

Removing the romance entirely would only make SAO a lot worse. My favorite part of season 1 was Asuna, Kirito, and Yui living together in that house and I was disappointed in season 2's lack of romance as it is. I agree that its boring that Kirito was always the strongest character and typically never loses, but he has lost before (again, in Mother's Rosario) and it happens in every shounen for the most part the MC never loses so its not a SAO specific problem

Yup it's super popular still the last arc on light novel heard was the best and is long read some parts briefly and spoilers shyt sounds insane and picks right up after mother rosario arc

Sao is a love it or hate it but it has a worldwide fan base whether people wanna admit it or not
Author already bout to drop new story in feb
Supposedly season 3 might get announce this year but they been saying that for awhile but think it will since last arc is done since August and it's longer than season 1 and 2 combine from understanding

I know they trying to work on live action Sao which I'm like :snoop:

I'm almost finished with FMA: Brotherhood. Cot damn this is the most piff anime series I've ever seen, once I got into it I couldn't stop because every ep ends on a wild cliffhanger. I saw the OG series in HS but this is better in every aspect. The world building, characters, music, plot twists, this shyt will have you pondering the meaning of life...

Yea both brotherhood being better but that ending to the OG is brutal tho :mjcry:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That does is McGillis is the GOAT Gundam antagonist. There's nothing he won't do to see his goals through.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm bout to polish off the first season of IBO but McGillis is such a dirtbag. The kinda guy that plays all situations from every side and smiles a condescending smile to your face as the dagger slides in your back. Best Gundam Antagonist since Zechs.

edit: episode 23 and Mika is an animal.
this is one of the most despicable things I've ever seen a Gundam protagonist do.

You see it :wow:

Mika is savage as fukk breh. I thought he was on one when he shot a man midway into his dying monologue. I thought he was something special when the guy he was about to kill called him out for playing with him like food :scust:. But by the end of season one it is established that he is one of the most gully savages to ever pick up the sticks.
That does is McGillis is the GOAT Gundam antagonist. There's nothing he won't do to see his goals through.
"I'm gonna take good care of your sister"

:picard:

I been tellin em breh.

They don't hear me though :wow:

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
I need to get back on IBO, stopped watching around the time they switched up the fire outro. Besides that I'll probably be watching some old recommended series I never got around to. This season doesn't really seem to have anything I'd like, maybe Onihei :ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You see it :wow:

Mika is savage as fukk breh. I thought he was on one when he shot a man midway into his dying monologue. I thought he was something special when the guy he was about to kill called him out for playing with him like food :scust:. But by the end of season one it is established that he is one of the most gully savages to ever pick up the sticks.

"I'm gonna take good care of your sister"

:picard:

I been tellin em breh.

They don't hear me though :wow:
Even his own people was disgusted. There's an honor code to being a Gundam pilot. When a pilot steps out of the suit to talk you don't attack. Mika violated it like it was nothing. McGillis threw his own people to the wolves and the way he handled his breh is even more disgusting than what Mika did. He could have lied or said nothing but he didn't. He went out of his way to make sure dude knew what went down.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Fullmetal Alchemist fans, is the original not as good as Brotherhood or is that mostly artificial bullshyt/hype? Which one should I watch?

You probably won't like them then to be honest. I'm appalled at some of those ratings but my tastes don't align with MAL in the slightest.

Currently watching Sadamitsu the Destroyer on episode two. The writing is pretty bad and the dub is below average. MC feels guilty because he killed a alien but admits he doesn't feel anything when he kills bugs. The alien was trying to kill his friends and bugs don't bother anybody. What's wrong with this guy. Then they got doctors resurrecting dead killer aliens.:gucci: The show is entertaining though the characters are stupid as fukk.

Mardock Scramble: The First Compression is feminist garbage. They try to say that because the girl was apparently raped by a man somehow all men are rapists and the female MC is therefor justified in yelling I'm going to rape you over and over as she kills a man who had nothing to do with her being raped. One of the worst films I've seen. I don't think she was even raped as she was a prostitute that as far as I know was having consensual sex.

Both are good, but brotherhood is on a whole another level. I'd watch both.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Any of y'all peep the new Yu-Gi-Oh trailer :ohhh:

This shyt look lit than a mug they even got the OG english dub cast too
full

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I've never seen so many heads roll watching Drifters. :heh:

Finally caught up with S2 of IBO. Mika is a fukking savage. Dude doesn't give a fukk. S2 has been really good so far. The stakes are high right now for Tekkadan. They're knee deep in shyt. :jayyikes:

Barbatos in S2 looks dope as fukk. I like how you have to sacrifice your body to use the Gundam at its full potential.